Aug 31, 2010
    Fresno, Ca
    www.gratefulvaper.com
    IMG_2830.jpeg
    IMG_2830.jpeg Hey ALL !!!!

Happy Birthday kgj !!! :)

Happy Birthday Moonlit knight !!! ;)

I hope ALL had a Grateful Thanksgiving :thumbs:

It's been a while... I had to get through about 7 contracts two weeks ago. Last Monday Kia and Max drove up to us and then we headed to my sisters in Aptos (Santa Cruz County) that evening and we just got back home yesterday evening.

Max and now, Andrew, my nieces' Boyfriend or Significant Other.... Or I don't know what to call them.
    Over the week both became very comfortable. There were 20 of us Thanksgiving night and for us... it was one of the better nights.

Aptos sister is the caterer. Every time we go to her house, she has Melomakarona, my Favorite Cookie....

Well, I finally took over the Kitchen Aid. I put almost all the ingredients in, needed sis for the middle part.... I made two batches. The cookies are dipped in hot honey. On top of that is a turned over mixture of ground walnuts, sugar and clove. Like all Chefs, they make it look sooo easy. I think I did a pretty good job, according to the the lack of cookies :2cool:

IMG_2830.jpeg

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    View attachment 855453 View attachment 855453 Hey ALL !!!!

Happy Birthday kgj !!! :)

Happy Birthday Moonlit knight !!! ;)

I hope ALL had a Grateful Thanksgiving :thumbs:

It's been a while... I had to get through about 7 contracts two weeks ago. Last Monday Kia and Max drove up to us and then we headed to my sisters in Aptos (Santa Cruz County) that evening and we just got back home yesterday evening.

Max and now, Andrew, my nieces' Boyfriend or Significant Other.... Or I don't know what to call them.
    Over the week both became very comfortable. There were 20 of us Thanksgiving night and for us... it was one of the better nights.

Aptos sister is the caterer. Every time we go to her house, she has Melomakarona, my Favorite Cookie....

Well, I finally took over the Kitchen Aid. I put almost all the ingredients in, needed sis for the middle part.... I made two batches. The cookies are dipped in hot honey. On top of that is a turned over mixture of ground walnuts, sugar and clove. Like all Chefs, they make it look sooo easy. I think I did a pretty good job, according to the the lack of cookies :2cool:

IMG_2830.jpeg
    Glad you had such a great time:wub: Cookies look yummy.:)

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Those cookies look and sound fantastic!! I'm glad you and your family had such a great time :wub:

After all the years of doing the Holidays to suit everyone else, the last couple of years have been a relief to do Turkey Day my way! Bella and I had chicken and stuffing...and Bella didn't give a hoot that it was really baked chicken strips and Stove Top stuffing from a box!! I did at least use chicken stock instead of water to make the stuffing :lol:

I got a letter from Katie's conservator letting me know she is still hanging in there and doing well for 87 and dementia :wub:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Those cookies look and sound fantastic!! I'm glad you and your family had such a great time :wub:

After all the years of doing the Holidays to suit everyone else, the last couple of years have been a relief to do Turkey Day my way! Bella and I had chicken and stuffing...and Bella didn't give a hoot that it was really baked chicken strips and Stove Top stuffing from a box!! I did at least use chicken stock instead of water to make the stuffing :lol:

I got a letter from Katie's conservator letting me know she is still hanging in there and doing well for 87 and dementia :wub:
    Glad to hear all the good news,Bov:wub:

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    I love most all cookies....those look great....Boyfriends and such....I prefer naming them individually and accordingly....I don't like "em....Cuzzo's daughter brought her new BF to Thanksgiving....we got along good....My best Auntie's daughter spilled the beans to me that she moved in with her BF over the weekend....Great.....another secret I gotta keep....Rat you just tell that BF you've got strong connections in the swamps of Caroline....the backhoe runs fine and I know how to use it....Now watch and my Niece will come home with a BF tomorrow.....She and I are going to the gun shop to pick up my Christmas present tomorrow....A Benchmade Freek pocket knife.....Niece is graduating high school in a couple of weeks....She is gonna be a pediatric nurse and has some nursing degree attached to her diploma....First two years of college are free because of the programs and work she has already done....

With the wildlife I see out and about with Spike I like a powerful flashlight...I roll with Surefire though today I purchased a Streamlight due to my SF sheeting the bed last night.....SF has parts on the way from Cali though with just a call....Even sent an RMA and gonna fix a couple of my old SFs....What was funny though is the flashlight peeps use a 18650 that has a charging port on the side of the battery at the positive end....First I'd seen that and I don't like it at all....SF had it and the Streamlight has it...I got 2 branded SL....They're longer than a Samsung even though SF assured me they were not....To be fair I got SLs and not SFs so maybe the SFs are the same length.....I doubt it and again I don't like the charging port on the battery...Guy at the gun shop said that soon all rechargeable will have ports....He's an expert.....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    18650 that has a charging port on the side of the battery at the positive end....

Is it just me, or does that sound like trouble just waiting to happen?! Not to mention the batteries having to be longer to accommodate the port!

With my beloved shade trees all across the south side of my house, the fall leaves are knee deep. I've bought 2 electric leaf blowers, and smoked both of them on their 2nd use :-x The first one was last spring and was able to return it and get a refund. With that refund I went to Harbor Freight and picked up their brand and used it to finish the job. It's been sitting in my shed until I got it out Saturday to herd leaves. About 10 minutes into the job the blower jumped into it's high setting by itself and before I could turn it off it was stinking of electrical burn. Now I'm wondering if it's just bad products twice in a row, or could it have something to do with the outlet I've been using? It's not tripping a breaker, and the extension cord I use is of proper gauge.

At any rate I'm screwed on this one because even tho I still have the receipt, I bought it back in April :nah:

Reactions: 908Tracy

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    The voltage can be tested with an ohm meter....Probably not gonna be the outlet though.....

Got a call from the new neighbor lady at the beach last week....Lot behind the storage building has been bulldozed....It was covered with pines and thick underbrush...I'm at the beach now but didn't arrive until after dark...Neighbor lady said it was a big change and she didn't like it....Put yourself in my shoes....I got six new neighbors across the street where previously there was a field....I got a 7th newbie off the corner of the storage building and getting an 8th when the new houses go up...A lot big enough for one house was divided for two houses....New neighbor said the thought they cut some of my trees....Neighbor #7 had asked BiL if he could cut a few near his house and BiL told him he would have to see me....I did see where a pine where #7 was wanting to cut was but a stump now....I guess asking for forgiveness is easier than asking permission....I would've let him do what he wanted but not real happy about things now....There is about twelve feet between two clearly marked iron posts so there's no way it was a mistake....What the Hell is wrong with people these days?????

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The voltage can be tested with an ohm meter....Probably not gonna be the outlet though.....

Got a call from the new neighbor lady at the beach last week....Lot behind the storage building has been bulldozed....It was covered with pines and thick underbrush...I'm at the beach now but didn't arrive until after dark...Neighbor lady said it was a big change and she didn't like it....Put yourself in my shoes....I got six new neighbors across the street where previously there was a field....I got a 7th newbie off the corner of the storage building and getting an 8th when the new houses go up...A lot big enough for one house was divided for two houses....New neighbor said the thought they cut some of my trees....Neighbor #7 had asked BiL if he could cut a few near his house and BiL told him he would have to see me....I did see where a pine where #7 was wanting to cut was but a stump now....I guess asking for forgiveness is easier than asking permission....I would've let him do what he wanted but not real happy about things now....There is about twelve feet between two clearly marked iron posts so there's no way it was a mistake....What the Hell is wrong with people these days?????
    Dee,in these parts he’d have to pay you for that tree. Trees get very pricy here when they’re cut without permission.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Is it just me, or does that sound like trouble just waiting to happen?! Not to mention the batteries having to be longer to accommodate the port!

With my beloved shade trees all across the south side of my house, the fall leaves are knee deep. I've bought 2 electric leaf blowers, and smoked both of them on their 2nd use :-x The first one was last spring and was able to return it and get a refund. With that refund I went to Harbor Freight and picked up their brand and used it to finish the job. It's been sitting in my shed until I got it out Saturday to herd leaves. About 10 minutes into the job the blower jumped into it's high setting by itself and before I could turn it off it was stinking of electrical burn. Now I'm wondering if it's just bad products twice in a row, or could it have something to do with the outlet I've been using? It's not tripping a breaker, and the extension cord I use is of proper gauge.

At any rate I'm screwed on this one because even tho I still have the receipt, I bought it back in April :nah:
    That sucks,Bov:(

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    I looked at the stump today....no sawdust and cut level...no sawdust means pine straw has already covered it and it wasn't done last week...level cut so I expected a professional...no sign anywhere showing where it fell just a stump...All the trees on the newly cleared property were pushed over with a track hoe....I suspected neighbor #7...Low and behold #7 and wife arrive @ 11am....I went over after they got settled and offered to let him have 4 trees that could hit his house should they get blown down cut....He admitted he had paid to have my tree cut...Said limbs were over his property....NC law clearly states any limb that can be cut while standing on your property may be removed....Trees are 3X the market value to be determined by stump measurement....I ain't happy about it but I've got enough enemies....He was told to ask me and I would've given permission so it is what it is....Damn bassturds could've cut that dead one right beside it but NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    That sux, Dee. But I agree sometimes you just gotta choose your battles.

I don't mind raking the leaves the old fashioned way, but a blower is sure nice to have for all the granite rock borders I put around the house. I can't afford to eat the cost of yet another blower, so maybe I'll try my baby shop vac on reverse :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread