NotCigs refugee thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
We’ve all decided to stay in this year and cook for ourselves! (A first for my older girls) They’ve got to learn sometime right? Lol I just bought a 5 lb turkey breast for Bo, Maddie and I.
We will have mashed potatoes, veggies, cranberry sauce, rolls and pumpkin and coconut cream pies!

Debating whether or not to get the tree this weekend or wait until the following. No rest for the wicked! Haha

I miss hearing from you all.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Turkey weekend was full of holiday shenanigans! We rolled right from the gobble to getting our tree! Bo had to work the weekend so the tree took 3 days to complete. :)
The girls learned that Mom can macrame, and have had me making ornaments for their trees. They’re coming over on Saturday to learn the craft themselves. Should be fun! We will make cocoa and watch hallmark Christmas movies while I pass down the craft. I also ordered a couple of beading kits (angels and snowflakes) and have been making those when I tire of knots and crocheting. Hopefully they’ll appreciate them and have them for many christmases to come.
I am happy to hear from you both, there’s been crickets in here for awhile! Lol

Mark, ElDee...how are you guys doing?

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
I hope the same Fran. My oldest dd won’t be joining us after all this weekend as she was feeling a little under the weather. She went to the doctor yesterday and although neither she nor doc thinks it’s covid, they tested her anyway. Her results to come on Monday.
So tired of this but will not be getting vaccine. Idc how many ex presidents get one on national tv!

Stay well everyone.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Greetings from CNY!

All is well here, just been busy as usual [emoji3] Work has been pretty hectic, juggling multiple things.

I got our spa back up and running, though it'll need some pipe work in the Spring, a slow leak at one end. I'll probably hire a spa place to come out and do the work, since it'll need to be tipped up on its end to access the pipes (a PITA, or I'd do it myself).

I broke down and picked up a new laptop - my old Dell Vostro 1500 was a full 13 years old, couldn't hold a charge worth a darn, it gave me more than enough use [emoji3] I went with an Asus Zephyrus G14 - lightweight, very powerful, excellent runtime with a bit of tweaking.

I just got come widgets in so that at home I can use it in our sunroom connected to one of my work monitors during breaks. A little USB C dock and a USB switch - push one button on the the switch and one key sequence to flip between the two computers (2nd work monitor will still be running for work things all the time).

We're looking forward to this year ending. Better times are ahead, but we need to stay careful for a few more months until things start clearing up.

I've officially been classified as work from home (I've already been doing it for almost 2-1/2 years [emoji3]). I'm an engineer, most of what I do is on a computer, including conferences, and my company has figured our that it's a win-win for people who are self-directed.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Here's hoping everyone is well and staying safe.....

Installed fencing for my Cuzz Liz's dogs...Doberman, German Shepard and old "Duece" the sooner....Right at 300 feet of fencing with one drive through gate at the rear...Fabbing two walk gates from a section of decorative wrought iron fence soon...It's been a major pain in the rear area so far....Liz's Grandma passed a couple years back and Liz just moved into Grandma's house....

Lola was my neighbor's dog...She was well loved by the neighborhood and would come on the run whenever she saw me in the yard....Long short she disappeared...There is a grill just down from Mom's house....It is under new ownership....Old owner told me the new owners said Lola had to go....Lola's owner also suspects the grill's owner and she disappeared within a week of those cats showing up....We've all searched for her and I'm past a little upset about the whole thing....

If that's not crazy enough....Another Cuzzo has a daughter in law that had covid two weeks back...Cuzzo keeps their 4 year old during the day....Cuzzo's Son may be off quarantine by now but I saw him at Cuzzo's house when he was supposed to be quarantined....from the road as I drove past....Bottom line is Cuzzo has been exposed....Tuesday found me at the beach cutting grass and winterizing the house...happened to be Bro in law's birthday and I had to be back to eat at his house that night....Sis sent Bro in Law to pick up Mom for the dinner....Mom has a nice glass storm door and Bro in Law didn't shut the inside door when he went in to get Mom.....You guessed it....Cuzzo busts in without even knocking to give Mom a poinsettia....Thankfully Bro in law put the brakes on that situation....Mom is 89 and way past high risk....I've seen Cuzzo's posts on the FB concerning the virus....Cuzzo called Sis to try and smooth things over....Bet your bottom dollar she is avoiding me at all costs.....

Today we got that ding dang piano out of the lake house and delivered to the landfill...Tomorrow we're gonna sheet rock the ceiling in the laundry room....We were told 3 weeks back the water was on and today it's still not on....Cuzzo called down to the water department and they said all they needed was for the Ex to call and request it turned back on....We can hang the sheetrock without water but water is required for finishing and paint...Not to mention washing hands and using the bathroom would be really nice....Cuzzo talks a big game but he's scared to death of his Ex....I'm just tired of everything getting drug on and on and on and on....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Merry Christmas everyone!

The 'rona isolation has been a tough one for me. I'm used to being by myself, but I'm not used to so many others thinking it won't/can't touch their lives. I stay home as much as possible to avoid the maskless...except for my daily walks with Bella. I didn't realize how much I had cut myself off from everything. I didn't intend to drop from here, I kinda just looked up one day and a month was gone!

Glad everyone is doing well...hang in there!! 2020 is almost over!!

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Lola is still missing....I really miss her

Still working on Cuzzo Liz's dog fence....Fabbing two sections of wrought iron fencing into gates atm....Gotta take the second gate up there tomorrow and final fit it before welding on the latch....

Mom is 88 and 1/2 blind....Last week I caught her up on the disappearing staircase going into the attic....She was looking around in the attic....Trust she's not capable of such....2nd time I've caught her doing that...When scolded she comes back with "Well you shot the cat with your BB gun in 1971".....No way to win.....Just glad we're not at the hospital or funeral parlor.....I've got a penny strategically placed on top of the disappearing staircase....It gets pulled down I'm gonna know....

Hope everyone had a great Christmas....We're all still healthy so good....Stay positive and test negative!!!

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Lola is still missing....I really miss her

Still working on Cuzzo Liz's dog fence....Fabbing two sections of wrought iron fencing into gates atm....Gotta take the second gate up there tomorrow and final fit it before welding on the latch....

Mom is 88 and 1/2 blind....Last week I caught her up on the disappearing staircase going into the attic....She was looking around in the attic....Trust she's not capable of such....2nd time I've caught her doing that...When scolded she comes back with "Well you shot the cat with your BB gun in 1971".....No way to win.....Just glad we're not at the hospital or funeral parlor.....I've got a penny strategically placed on top of the disappearing staircase....It gets pulled down I'm gonna know....

Hope everyone had a great Christmas....We're all still healthy so good....Stay positive and test negative!!!
    Glad you and important family are good, Dee. All ok so far here too.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    I hope you all find Lola soon ElDee, and I must say I love your penny placing idea!!! Genius!!!

We stayed HOME for the holidays and will continue doing so until this virus is wiped out! It was a nice cozy little Christmas, and will (god willing) be a quiet New Years.
    My oldest brother in law tested positive with covid and been bedridden sick since December 1st. My sister in law flew in for Christmas to stay with her mom, leaves tomorrow but while here (since 23rd) she learned that her boyfriend has tested positive for the virus. We are extremely glad we stayed home this year!

Stay safe and healthy y’all.

• Love
    Reactions: FranC
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread