Status
Not open for further replies.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Well we had that tropical storm roll through a couple of days ago...That brought much needed rain and yesterday a cold front hit town...We got a little more rain from that...Temps in the 80s with the cold front...Yeah....We've had heat indexes near 100* and 150% humidity...Spent the afternoon on the mower today and got about 6 acres cut...That's one yard and just about the time you think you're making good progress you see what remains...Left there and cut a smaller yard on the way home...All the while my grass is getting wild and Sunday I gotta hit the beach and cut that...I've concluded that grass cutting doesn't pay that good....but it pays....

With the no vape mail without jumping through hoops I went on the el searcho...I managed to find my C Cells and juice locally...They had a Smok tank that takes the C Cells and I like the lift before slide to open...About 6000 times now I've had a pocket full of juice from the old Hellbeast easy slide....Well easy unless you're at the counter trying to fill it and gotta rotate it 360* looking to get it to slide. I silver sharpied the arrow showing where to slide it and that wore off in less than a day....I'm gonna get that Smok tank my next trip there...

Just about finished my boat project...should get back at that in a day or so...My Tacoma is getting some miles and I've been staring at a check engine light for months...It's gonna take 2 catalytic converters and a new oxygen sensor to rectify the light issue...Past that I'm gonna order everything to update the steering and suspension so I can get new tires...I put a set of Toyos last time and have gotten over 50k outta them...That's pretty stellar IMO especially given it's a 4X4 and our roads seem to be getting worse by the day...We're experiencing a housing boom around here...Obviously the hip thing to do is move to NC...All the extra cars and lax regulations on the weight transfer trucks can haul is ruining the roads...I can't recall the last time I saw a road getting repaved around here either...

Reactions: 908Tracy

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    She was on ECF for a very long time. I had other dealings with her and lunch on time. I just don't want anyone else to be hurt by her. I have a fund I just use for emergencies so the money didn't hurt but losing what I thought was a friend hurt the most. And for such a small amount.
    I just called her and she said she got hacked. Ya right. Her email maybe, her messenger and her phone too? I'm not buying it because I called her on the same phone and she just texted me back. The same text number I texted her last night from and now all of a sudden she gets her text' and phone calls. I'm not that stupid. Her username was Cat.
    That does sound familiar. I'll be careful.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    quotes-card201.jpg

Reactions: 908Tracy

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Prayers for Wayne !!

I've been dealing with some pre-cancer/squamous areas on my face.. Last year they froze them and when that didn't work they shaved the top layers of skin off...That didn't work either. Given there were so many places and they were spread out my dermatologist suggested light treatment...Sounds easy and no cutting involved so I said OK. Well light treatments were cancelled by the pandemic...So I finally went to an appointment yesterday...8am they put light reactive cream on the spots and tell me to be back at 11am. I go out and kill time riding around 45 miles from home. I get into the treatment room and see multiple pairs of blue lenses sunglasses on the counter..Still unaware I think it's gonna be a walk in the park...They lay me back in the chair and place thick stickers over my eyes....then some type os band to hole the stickers..This treatment is gonna last 6 minutes....Now I got my eyes closed....stickers.....band....All of a sudden everything turns deep red..I check and yeah I can't close my eyes any further....then red goes to blue and finally just clear light. Trust this it felt like my nose was inches from the sun...those spots with the cream were dang sure flaming.. They had what felt like a small air hose blowing on my face...It was damn excruciating...The Doc gave me the 2 minutes signal and I was way past tapping out but held in there. My whole dang face is tomato red....itching or burning. They advised Eucerin heavy cream and I've got it but it adds to the frying sensation. Doc said I'd be sensitive to the sun for a couple of days....Trust the sun hits my face it feels like a nuclear blast...I don't know what the Doc's definition of sensitive is but mine differs greatly...Best of all I gotta do it again the last of September....YAY!!!

I also went out Tuesday and got my first Covid shot...I had some mild side effects similar to when I had the virus and my arm is still tender...I'll be getting the second shot in three weeks...

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Sorry the treatment bites, but glad you're getting it taken care of, El Dee!

Pure dumb luck that my stuff was caught when things were only BCCs.

Good job getting vaccinated - with the stuff going around, the more people getting vaccinated the better, even those who've already had it.

I've been working on getting a new phone. I use mine a lot, the latest has a new battery so will be a replacement for DW's older phone. I decided on a Samsung S20 series - it takes microSD cards (a must for me, I carry LOTS of music on it, don't trust the cloud, am periodically in places with crud reception) and can be rooted (some techie stuff I do plus I really prefer bumping security above stock software.

Anyhow, so far I've tried 3, #4 will be in tomorrow or Monday (bought off EBay). #1 had SW that I couldn't work with, #2 had a bad SD card reader, #3's cellular radio/modem went belly up. No problem doing returns, getting refunded, but I sure hope #4 works :)

908Tracy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    Happy to see you all posting! :) I’ve missed yas!

Good luck with the new phones mark! I hope it all goes well.

ElDee, I’ve not heard of that light treatment before but I’m glad you’re getting it taken care of for sure!

Well, we came home from a 3 day vacation on Thursday, and got our first vaccine (Pfizer) yesterday! Our arms are a bit sore this morning and a little more tired than usual; but so far so good! (Thank goodness)
    Next one in 3 weeks (8/27). Hopefully all goes well for us all then too.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I hope to never go through what we did in May (covid x3) again! Anything that lessens the severity is what I’m for at this point.
    That, and I’m SO TIRED OF WORRYING. This way I know we’ve done all that we can for ourselves and others to be as safe as possible.
    I’m glad you’re getting the shots. This household had the 2 shots awhile back.

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Thanks for the kind replies!! I've got some scabbing and a very red face...It's also peeling to beat the band. Actually my face looks like I did a nose dive on the highway at about 50 mph...Hopefully the juice will be worth the squeeze....I'm figuring I should look 30 again......maybe 29

I've had the virus. I've had some medical schooling. Good info was nonexistent. In my mind having the virus for 2 weeks should produce more antibodies than any shots could provide...Always trying to get the most bang for my buck I decided months back to get the shot in July...As per usual I got it in August. As my luck runs the day after I get it my State starts handing out $100 to get the shot. Think I may be able to snag the undo when I get the second but unsure..Back to what I was saying....the Cleveland Institute said a person who had covid reached the same level of immunity after 1 shot verses someone with just the 2 shots. So covid + 2 shots should put me in good shape with this Delta all around here...Still masking and distancing for the duration.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread