NotCigs refugee thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
May 6 was day 1 of covid. Absolutely horrible. All 3 of us, and all 3 had different symptoms to varying degrees. Horrendous!

I do believe I’ve aged about 10 years in the last two weeks. We are all recovering and have all been released by the state to go back to our normal lives. Thank god.

We will be receiving the vaccine as soon as we are able to, which is 90 days after day 1 of being sick.

If you are on the fence, just get the vaccine. Hugs

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    May 6 was day 1 of covid. Absolutely horrible. All 3 of us, and all 3 had different symptoms to varying degrees. Horrendous!

I do believe I’ve aged about 10 years in the last two weeks. We are all recovering and have all been released by the state to go back to our normal lives. Thank god.

We will be receiving the vaccine as soon as we are able to, which is 90 days after day 1 of being sick.

If you are on the fence, just get the vaccine. Hugs
    Sorry to hear that, Tracy :) We all had our second shots a month ago.

Reactions: 908Tracy

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Sorry to hear your family all got it, glad to hear everyone is on the mend.

DW and I likewise signed up as soon as possible, 2nd shots a few months back.

We stayed with n95 masks other than wearing the simpler procedure masks (the 3 layer blue things with ear loops) for medical visits.

With the recent change in recommendations on masking we've just changed to straight procedure masks when we're in stores, but will keep wearing them for some time. It's unlikely we would catch it, but if we do we don't want to be asymptomatic spreaders, and believe it's generally good behavior ( encourage others that's it's okay to still wear them) .

Last edited:

908Tracy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    Well, the sod project happened but hubs said…we need a pool! So the pool will go up in the next couple weeks. Sod be darned! At least he got it out of his system as I’ve heard for years “let’s level out this yard and sod it”. All along I’ve said, it’s only grass, you step on it, I don’t get it. Haha

I suppose when you’re used to having a pool, the yard feels incomplete without it.

It’s a rainy dreary weekend here but we had no plans anyways so it’s not a big deal for us; but I do feel bad for all those who did have outdoor mdw plans.

Flowers are planted and I don’t have to water! Always looking at the bright side!!!

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Glad to hear you're through the virus 908....

My Freedom Smokes closed the doors 5/31...This shipping thing is putting yours truly in a bind. Google said yes but I'm gonna check the post office and be sure I can have a package held there for pick up...Dang signature and I'm likely to never catch the mail lady here....I'm gonna order up some measuring glassware and start back to mixing...I tried brand upon brand of store bought juice and could only get my groove on with vapetasia Vanilla and Strawberry Custards...I've still got Nic in the freezer and Bull City is about 45 miles away....

Not much to report on here just keeping the wheels on the wagon greased...Storms over the weekend got a tree on the edge of the property so there's that. Old Cub lawnmower that resides at the beach needed the past week to now be ready to cut yet again...Fuel pump was obsolete so it's got a Holley electric pump now...All El Dee spec and starting easily again....Hey it's an 86 model. Spike's anti-itch treats have quit working...Pet Honesty says there the same but they don't look the same color and it's a game getting Spike to eat them now...Gonna give Pet Lab a whirl...Been up grading my skiff with new electronics so I can see where the fish reside...That's a spare time gig though so it's taken longer than anticipated. Finally getting a little rain as it's been pretty dry....now the grass will be exploding...Cuzzo wants a tractor so we'll be up near the Virginia line tomorrow getting him some payments....We've been getting a few construction jobs and I've been cutting some grass and landscaping a little...Needing to get my body shop back up and running as I've turned down several jobs there...nothing that really didn't require more labor than I'd get paid for though...Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life...Till the next time.....Dee

908Tracy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    Mark, we had same weather here. It was beautiful on Memorial Day monday; I was at work though! Haha

ElDee, good to see ya! We are just suffering occasionally with post covid fatigue and random coughing spells out of no where. I didn’t even get coughing spells while in the middle of the virus, but now? Oh well. I’m glad we got through it as well as we did.

The PACT ACT bites for sure! It has hurt many vapers and that really grinds my gears!!!

Bo is hanging up the side jobs. He’s working on my ex’s f350 and it’s kicking his .... and making him wave the white flag! Job started out, just painting a newer truck bed but lord did it turn into much more! (Rotted cab and cab mounts) Doesn’t it always? I’m looking forward to the end of side jobs and spending more time with him.

More wet, humid weather here today. I’ll be in the a/c, wrapping bridal shower gifts for my daughter Lauren. Shower is Sunday…91 degrees, in an outdoor greenhouse type building at a winery. I’ll be positioned directly in front of one of the industrial sized fans!!!!
    Pool goes up tomorrow! (Praying for no holes in liner)

y’all enjoy your weekend!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    We had day 2 of our mini heat wave today, one more day to go.

I finished the latest vegetable trellis for DW today. Thankfully I get a reprieve on building a fourth one until the fall :)

c16fbae1f6568982ce7b3653eee3a2a8.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread