Nothing About Us. Without Us. (Title Edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Great initiative! Bookmarked.

Just curious. Have you contemplated the option to pass these news on to other news media?

What you have done is great. Don't get me wrong! It just occurred to me that you are in a great position to act as sort of a press release outlet as well. Doesn't have to be much. Just a mailing list that spits out your articles to a bunch of newspapers/sites.

Last edited:

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Great initiative! Bookmarked.

Just curious. Have you contemplated the option to pass these news on to other news media?

What you have done is great. Don't get me wrong! It just occurred to me that you are in a great position to act as sort of a press release outlet as well. Doesn't have to be much. Just a mailing list that spits out your articles to a bunch of newspapers/sites.

Thank you WattWick :)

I'm passing your comment onto the people who manage vapers.org.uk (I'm not directly involved with it, I'm just helping to get it out there).

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
This is what came back from the person (mastermind) behind vapers.org.uk (basically any helpful suggestions are extremely appreciated):

"Would be good to compile a list of worthy news contacts. Was hoping to get the site listed as a Google News site which would automatically get picked up in their News searches"
and:
"The Google News listing is down to me making the site fit their criteria. If someone has any ideas about how best to forward the news to other interested parties that would be great. I'm guessing there must be a list of Newsdesks somewhere in cyberspace?"

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
Well here's a list of email and fax numbers for mostly UK media outlets, though you'd have to contact them individually, which would be a lot of work, and I'm not sure how they'd react to getting daily vaping news - might be worth doing as a weekly digest.
From Greenhouse to Green House

Edit - might be worth just sending to just the news agencies - their contact details are there too.

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Well here's a list of email and fax numbers for mostly UK media outlets, though you'd have to contact them individually, which would be a lot of work, and I'm not sure how they'd react to getting daily vaping news - might be worth doing as a weekly digest.
From Greenhouse to Green House

Edit - might be worth just sending to just the news agencies - their contact details are there too.

I guess there's a fine line to walk. I'm just thinking that the negative news on vaping isn't something the media dig up all on their own. It comes to them in the form of press releases from who-knows-where. They may simply not be aware of - or sufficiently interested in -positive research on vaping. Still, they need something to fill slow news days.

Not sure how I'd go about this myself, to be honest. Was mostly hoping to spark an idea in someone cleverer than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread