Nothing About Us. Without Us. (Title Edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
I was just having a look at the requirements for getting in the Google news feed. They recommend separating your news aggregation from your original news articles via robots.txt so Google doesn't crawl the aggregate stuff - and as you're mostly a news aggregation site it's not going to leave you with much, unless you start creating a lot more original articles.

Conclusion - it'll be difficult without an awful lot of work - and as I presume you're not getting paid for it could be financially ruinous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And on a side note I noticed you linked to the pro vaping article by an MEP.

Did you notice that it also got covered in the new members section? And Rolygate put up a post in answer to it that deserves an article all its own? It's a really good read/rant.....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-feel-about-e-cigarettes-2.html#post15332853

Last edited:

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
I was just having a look at the requirements for getting in the Google news feed. They recommend separating your news aggregation from your original news articles via robots.txt so Google doesn't crawl the aggregate stuff - and as you're mostly a news aggregation site it's not going to leave you with much, unless you start creating a lot more original articles.

Conclusion - it'll be difficult without an awful lot of work - and as I presume you're not getting paid for it could be financially ruinous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And on a side note I noticed you linked to the pro vaping article by an MEP.

Did you notice that it also got covered in the new members section? And Rolygate put up a post in answer to it that deserves an article all its own? It's a really good read/rant.....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-feel-about-e-cigarettes-2.html#post15332853

Thank you Shirtbloke- your comments are really helpful, and I've passed them on to the people behind vapers.org.uk

Yes - Rolygate's reply would make an excellent article - I've passed that idea on too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread