Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
How does the juul do this?
I don't think there's anything all that special about a Juul. I suspect the difference is that with a Juul, you're puffing, whereas with the gear most people would refer to as a "subohm device", you're huffing.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I don't think there's anything all that special about a Juul. I suspect the difference is that with a Juul, you're puffing, whereas with the gear most people would refer to as a "subohm device", you're huffing.

"Huffing". "Puffing". At what point do we blow the house down?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Don't subohm above 3mg/ml would be my advice.
It drives me nuts that people constantly conflate "sub-ohm" and DL vaping. I've not run coils above one ohm for ~3 years, yet I'm very much a confirmed MTL vaper, using 12-15 mg nic. :)

That's also not unique to the juul, take any mtl device for a similar experience.
Agreed.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Make sure your nicotine is low enough. I'd say 3--6 ml depending on device and coil, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had your nicotine too high in your sub0hm device, it's fairly common for someone coming from 50 mg/ml to have an artificially inflated idea of what sub0hm nic should be like.

Also, I wouldn't chainvape, and you may want to "count puffs" and see exactly when nicotine overload starts to creep in, so you that you know when to give it a rest, as it were.

Also, I don't understand why you are all over the map with devices, the Juul something sub0hm and then wanting to buy a dry tobacco vaporizer. I understand a certain amount of trying new things to start, but with each device, learning how to use it essentially means starting over.

Are you starting to develop a preference for one style of vaping over the other? Because I'd consider a less restrictive, more powerful but still MTL setup, if you like the Juul and you'd have more flexibility over juices and etc.

Either way, best of luck figuring it out. Either time yourself, count puffs, and etc., but it just may well be your nic level is too high.

Anna

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
You clearly don't vape just for the nic, but also for the sensation. Not that it's a bad thing, I like vaping too regardless of the nic. I think you chainVape because of that. Lower your nic, and vape all you want. I've seen a post of yours a while ago, and you are an ex smoker. I doubt you'll have any problem dealing with 3mg/ml subohming.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
You clearly don't vape just for the nic, but also for the sensation.
I think that's true to some degree for everyone who vapes. If it weren't so, other forms of NRT such as patches or gum would have gotten us off the cigarettes, and almost everyone here had tried and failed with those.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
people constantly conflate "sub-ohm" and DL vaping. I've not run coils above one ohm for ~3 years, yet I'm very much a confirmed MTL vaper, using 12-15 mg nic
True, with the advent of more versatile devices "subohm" can be almost anything nowadays, my kayfun is at .8Ω SS on TC and I wouldn't call it a direct lung vape :D

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
I think that's true to some degree for everyone who vapes. If it weren't so, other forms of NRT such as patches or gum would have gotten us off the cigarettes, and almost everyone here had tried and failed with those.
He is 18yo , it should be easier for him. As I said, that applies to me too, I'm not against it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
It drives me nuts that people constantly conflate "sub-ohm" and DL vaping. I've not run coils above one ohm for ~3 years, yet I'm very much a confirmed MTL vaper, using 12-15 mg nic. :)

I am a "hybrid" vaper as well. My coils are usually about 0.5 ohms 6mg juice but I am most definitely a MTL vaper. I do close up the air flow about 80% and use a restrictive drip tip.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I thought you switched to a dry herb vaporizer?
I'm a little confused.
No lots! What happened now?

At one point he was smoking tea. Not sure how that even works. He is definitely on a journey of discovery and completely unafraid to try new things. It is, to a degree, an interesting change from all the "ERMAGERD is this safe?" posts that have been popping up lately.

• Agree
Reactions: Rossum

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
At one point he was smoking tea. Not sure how that even works. He is definitely on a journey of discovery and completely unafraid to try new things. It is, to a degree, an interesting change from all the "ERMAGERD is this safe?" posts that have been popping up lately.
IsitSafe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread