The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Noticed something really good that JUUL does

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by nicotineisbomb, Feb 19, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nicotineisbomb

nicotineisbomb Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    I can tell when I have reached the satisfied nicotine amount, with my subohm device its near impossible to tell until I show early symptoms of (too much nicotine). Does anyone have tricks for the subohm device so I know?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Yes....have your mom take it away when you've had enough.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Ecooke38

Ecooke38 Full Member Verified Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Pawtucket
    How does the juul do this? Also how does juul compare to subohm tanks? I would imagine much less vapor production?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Don't subohm above 3mg/ml would be my advice.

That's also not unique to the juul, take any mtl device for a similar experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I don't think there's anything all that special about a Juul. I suspect the difference is that with a Juul, you're puffing, whereas with the gear most people would refer to as a "subohm device", you're huffing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    "Huffing". "Puffing". At what point do we blow the house down?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    It drives me nuts that people constantly conflate "sub-ohm" and DL vaping. I've not run coils above one ohm for ~3 years, yet I'm very much a confirmed MTL vaper, using 12-15 mg nic. :)

Agreed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Make sure your nicotine is low enough. I'd say 3--6 ml depending on device and coil, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had your nicotine too high in your sub0hm device, it's fairly common for someone coming from 50 mg/ml to have an artificially inflated idea of what sub0hm nic should be like.

Also, I wouldn't chainvape, and you may want to "count puffs" and see exactly when nicotine overload starts to creep in, so you that you know when to give it a rest, as it were.

Also, I don't understand why you are all over the map with devices, the Juul something sub0hm and then wanting to buy a dry tobacco vaporizer. I understand a certain amount of trying new things to start, but with each device, learning how to use it essentially means starting over.

Are you starting to develop a preference for one style of vaping over the other? Because I'd consider a less restrictive, more powerful but still MTL setup, if you like the Juul and you'd have more flexibility over juices and etc.

Either way, best of luck figuring it out. Either time yourself, count puffs, and etc., but it just may well be your nic level is too high.

Anna

• Like Like x 5
  9. Nikhforos

Nikhforos Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2018
    You clearly don't vape just for the nic, but also for the sensation. Not that it's a bad thing, I like vaping too regardless of the nic. I think you chainVape because of that. Lower your nic, and vape all you want. I've seen a post of yours a while ago, and you are an ex smoker. I doubt you'll have any problem dealing with 3mg/ml subohming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I think that's true to some degree for everyone who vapes. If it weren't so, other forms of NRT such as patches or gum would have gotten us off the cigarettes, and almost everyone here had tried and failed with those.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    True, with the advent of more versatile devices "subohm" can be almost anything nowadays, my kayfun is at .8Ω SS on TC and I wouldn't call it a direct lung vape :D

• Like Like x 4
  12. Nikhforos

Nikhforos Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2018
    He is 18yo , it should be easier for him. As I said, that applies to me too, I'm not against it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. redeuce

redeuce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2017
    Chicago suburbs
    Are you using the Juul or the Breeze?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vaperer

Vaperer Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2017
    I thought you switched to a dry herb vaporizer?
    I'm a little confused.
    No lots! What happened now?

15. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    When I close my eyes, I can't help but to see a dude sitting in a pile of pod systems and other strange smoking type paraphernalia .

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. MJCSD

MJCSD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  17. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Thought there was a iQOS system coming in the mail also.

18. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I am a "hybrid" vaper as well. My coils are usually about 0.5 ohms 6mg juice but I am most definitely a MTL vaper. I do close up the air flow about 80% and use a restrictive drip tip.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    At one point he was smoking tea. Not sure how that even works. He is definitely on a journey of discovery and completely unafraid to try new things. It is, to a degree, an interesting change from all the "ERMAGERD is this safe?" posts that have been popping up lately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2017
    Suffolk UK
    IsitSafe.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.