The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

OBS Engine NANO RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by ricks, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    While I get more enjoyment out of Nano, I do like SMM enough to keep it in rotation for awhile.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2016
    Sounds like I made a good decision after reading the last couple posts about the SMM vs the Nano. Picked up a Nano 2 weeks ago, but in the back of my mind I was thinking which one was better. Glad I decided on the Nano. I'm loving this tank.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Welcome to the Nano Club.:thumbs:

• Like Like x 3
  4. drugarth

drugarth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2015
    Netherlands, groningen
    What kind of coils you peeps putting in the nano? I'm using a simple 1.2 ohm round wire and find the flavor very muted......should I be using lower ohm coils, or perhaps clapton or other exotic coils?
    Tried claptons etc. in some of my other rta's and am not really a fan, but if recommended for this atty I'll try some.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've been running 24 gauge 316ss at around .5 and getting good flavor.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Where did you place coil? I get best results by installing center of post.

• Like Like x 2
  7. drugarth

drugarth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2015
    Netherlands, groningen
    I have it about halfway up the post, so it is in the middle/center of the post heigthwise...so I guess the same as you, I think I'll just pop in some different coils to see if I can get it too perform

• Like Like x 2
  8. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mine is just below the top of the post.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I use a 2mm coil with 28g SS or Kanthal 6-8 wraps works best for my 2 liquids. I keep my coil centered between the post holes too. Best flavor ever!

• Like Like x 4
  10. lucapug

lucapug Full Member

May 11, 2015
    modena, italy
    I love my nano but I find that the smm is a bit better flavourwise. the nano seems to me to emphasize the higher notes (fresh) while the body of a flavour is well rounded vaping with the serpent. I use them both but with a slight preference for the smm

Inviato dal mio GT-I9195 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  11. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I'm just the opposite. The fruit vapes are better in Nano, crisp and clean. In SMM they are deeper, but still good. I'll probably switch SMM to a dessert juice tank eventually.

• Like Like x 4
  12. lucapug

lucapug Full Member

May 11, 2015
    modena, italy
    I edited my previous post as I mispelled emphasize(i'm italian and I just turned an italian word into a non-existing english one ).
    anyway i agree with you: fruits are crispier in the nano but the deeper notes are better in the smm. I like the freshness i get with the nano though i find that the smm gives the real flavour of the fruit.
    anyway both are very good tanks!
    ps: your idea to dedicate the smm to bakery/dessert juices is quite good

Inviato dal mio GT-I9195 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  13. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I forgot to mention, my Nanos always have various types of claptons installed. I did get a new spool of twisted ss 316l I'll be trying out.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    My 2 liquids are Tobacco flavors. I just can't vape cakes and fruits for some reason. They don't taste like tobacco either, It just works for me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I've tried some tobacco flavors, after 3-5 days I set them to the side. They did taste very good. Not sure why I never became fonder of them. Something in the exhale would become a bit off.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2016
    I just pulled the original coils that came with it out. I put in 26g SS Claptons spaced 6 wrap 3mm id at .48ohms. Enjoying it. Totally forgot to wrap the coil backwards.:confused: Well at least it's backwards for me..

• Like Like x 5
  17. sob80sup81

sob80sup81 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2009
    Indonesia
    I've been playing around with the most suitable coil setup by trying out SS wire instead of kanthal. Tried standard, twisted and ribbon SS316, am i correct to say that SS wires give cleaner flavor? I mean, from all 3 types i tried i couldn't taste the same throat hit as what i had with kanthal.

Btw, with your setup, can you advise how thick the cotton is? I've been doing 25mm dia. and just recently tried 30mm, however the vapor production just doesn't seem optimal compared to 25mm.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Some people claim to taste a difference in taste between SS and Kanthal. I can't sense it at all. However, all my builds are with 316L as I can use them in wattage or temp control mode, and is as easy to build with as Kanthal.

As to the amount of cotton, those numbers are confusing. Do you mean how much cotton for a 2.5 mm or 3 mm ID coil?

• Like Like x 1
  19. sob80sup81

sob80sup81 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2009
    Indonesia
    I mean for 3mm (didn't realize that i typo-ed there). I'm using organic unbleached snuggly fit into the coil but the don't seem to be able to produce as much vapor.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Try using a little cotton. Snugly but still able to move is about where you want it. Fluff and thin the ends before putting through the juice holes. It should be enough to fill the holes but not stuffed, if that makes any sense.

There's no doubt it can make a cloud, but it's still a single coil tank with a relatively small chamber and not giant airflow, so clouds aren't its strength. However, flavor is superb.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.