OBS Engine NANO RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
What kind of coils you peeps putting in the nano? I'm using a simple 1.2 ohm round wire and find the flavor very muted......should I be using lower ohm coils, or perhaps clapton or other exotic coils?
Tried claptons etc. in some of my other rta's and am not really a fan, but if recommended for this atty I'll try some.

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
What kind of coils you peeps putting in the nano? I'm using a simple 1.2 ohm round wire and find the flavor very muted......should I be using lower ohm coils, or perhaps clapton or other exotic coils?
Tried claptons etc. in some of my other rta's and am not really a fan, but if recommended for this atty I'll try some.
Where did you place coil? I get best results by installing center of post.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Where did you place coil? I get best results by installing center of post.

I have it about halfway up the post, so it is in the middle/center of the post heigthwise...so I guess the same as you, I think I'll just pop in some different coils to see if I can get it too perform

lucapug

May 11, 2015
modena, italy
I love my nano but I find that the smm is a bit better flavourwise. the nano seems to me to emphasize the higher notes (fresh) while the body of a flavour is well rounded vaping with the serpent. I use them both but with a slight preference for the smm

Inviato dal mio GT-I9195 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

lucapug

May 11, 2015
modena, italy
I'm just the opposite. The fruit vapes are better in Nano, crisp and clean. In SMM they are deeper, but still good. I'll probably switch SMM to a dessert juice tank eventually.
I edited my previous post as I mispelled emphasize(i'm italian and I just turned an italian word into a non-existing english one [emoji28]).
anyway i agree with you: fruits are crispier in the nano but the deeper notes are better in the smm. I like the freshness i get with the nano though i find that the smm gives the real flavour of the fruit.
anyway both are very good tanks!
ps: your idea to dedicate the smm to bakery/dessert juices is quite good [emoji4]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9195 utilizzando Tapatalk

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
I just pulled the original coils that came with it out. I put in 26g SS Claptons spaced 6 wrap 3mm id at .48ohms. Enjoying it. Totally forgot to wrap the coil backwards.:confused: Well at least it's backwards for me..

I've been playing around with the most suitable coil setup by trying out SS wire instead of kanthal. Tried standard, twisted and ribbon SS316, am i correct to say that SS wires give cleaner flavor? I mean, from all 3 types i tried i couldn't taste the same throat hit as what i had with kanthal.

Btw, with your setup, can you advise how thick the cotton is? I've been doing 25mm dia. and just recently tried 30mm, however the vapor production just doesn't seem optimal compared to 25mm.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've been playing around with the most suitable coil setup by trying out SS wire instead of kanthal. Tried standard, twisted and ribbon SS316, am i correct to say that SS wires give cleaner flavor? I mean, from all 3 types i tried i couldn't taste the same throat hit as what i had with kanthal.

Btw, with your setup, can you advise how thick the cotton is? I've been doing 25mm dia. and just recently tried 30mm, however the vapor production just doesn't seem optimal compared to 25mm.

Some people claim to taste a difference in taste between SS and Kanthal. I can't sense it at all. However, all my builds are with 316L as I can use them in wattage or temp control mode, and is as easy to build with as Kanthal.

As to the amount of cotton, those numbers are confusing. Do you mean how much cotton for a 2.5 mm or 3 mm ID coil?

Reactions: Letitia

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
Some people claim to taste a difference in taste between SS and Kanthal. I can't sense it at all. However, all my builds are with 316L as I can use them in wattage or temp control mode, and is as easy to build with as Kanthal.

As to the amount of cotton, those numbers are confusing. Do you mean how much cotton for a 2.5 mm or 3 mm ID coil?

I mean for 3mm (didn't realize that i typo-ed there). I'm using organic unbleached snuggly fit into the coil but the don't seem to be able to produce as much vapor.

Reactions: Letitia

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Try using a little cotton. Snugly but still able to move is about where you want it. Fluff and thin the ends before putting through the juice holes. It should be enough to fill the holes but not stuffed, if that makes any sense.

There's no doubt it can make a cloud, but it's still a single coil tank with a relatively small chamber and not giant airflow, so clouds aren't its strength. However, flavor is superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread