The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Odysseus arrived today...

Discussion in 'The GG' started by loft, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. loft

loft Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    I love the way this looks, but I'm realizing that this is going to take me a lotttttt of practice. First attempt failed, second attempt resistance wire section is too hot. Wish me luck on attempt number three!

2. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    Second wrap done, a little on the cool side but working!

Attached Files:

3. zuTma

zuTma Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    Croatia, Zagreb
    Don't worry you'll get there :) You have good videos by Imeo how to make a coil in iatty section. Whatch them and you'll be ok

4. k3v1n

k3v1n Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2011
    London, England.
    Dont even think of making the .9ohm dual coil yet then. :)

It takes a while to get used to making your own coils but after 5 to 10 you will be a master.

5. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    I think I did pretty good all things considered. My only real gripes... well, my multimeter decided to grow legs and ran away (literally searched the whole house and garage - nowhere to be found.) And second, the wick seems... well, it kinda falls apart a little. But we will see what happens. Not giving up yet. I have plenty of wire to practice with. Just need to find more wick pronto.

Oh and, I really want to try the DC setup. I wonder how well it would work if I solder the NR wire to the R wire? Since it would take me less time to solder than to twist em together lol...

6. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    I know someone mentioned soldering for the iAtty. Give it time it gets easier. I just hate my multimeter It reads totally different readings all the time I think it is because it is an auto adjusting version.

7. Major

Major Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Panama City, Florida
    Imeo nailed thios one for sure. And with the bigger ceramic size of the Ody, even I can make coils so you'll get there soon Loft.

Mine aren't pretty but man do they deliver. There is zero doubt in my mind that the Ody is the premiere design and function of any atty/tank combo. No offense to the rest but it really can't get much better than this thing! :thumbs:

8. Bigmike228

Bigmike228 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Sachse , TX
    Dude,congrats on the Ody! You have come a long way in a short time. Just last week I think I saw you were considering getting a GG. Once you get the resist and non-resist wire lengths memorized to how you like them you'll love it. I haven't used a premade atomizer in months.

9. Vaporologist

Vaporologist Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2010
    Epic Journey
    Hey loft, if the wick appears like it's falling apart a little, maybe you are wrapping your coil a little too tight. Try wrapping it a little looser and see what happens.

10. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    Hey buddy! Actually its fine at the coil, falls apart more near the threads and along the channel in the ceramic. Think I just need more practice. And wick - lol.

11. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    Thanks! I'm getting there :)

12. Vaporologist

May 26, 2010
    Epic Journey
    Did you already go through all 3 feet of wick?

13. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    I made 3 so far and all 3 work flawlessly :)

Its a bit harder doing a dual with double wick! (specially if you have big fingers,which I dont!)

14. The Yeti

The Yeti Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Black Hills, SD
    I don't know much about soldering, but aren't there chemicals in solder that you would have to worry about vaping?

15. Poppa D

Poppa D Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    Minnesota, USA
    Your doing good just to have an Ody, the coils will work out, hang in there. A multi-meter does make a big difference.

16. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    No, there is some left.

17. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    Yeah I know it would. I really have no clue where mine went. I just ordered another one and will keep this one on a leash, sheesh.

18. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    Going to attempt a third coil... hoping to get it lower resistance this time.

19. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    Got it!! Thanks to Vaporologist for giving me some measurements (since I don't have a multimeter right now) and BAM! :D :D :D :D :D holy crap!

20. Vaporologist

May 26, 2010
    Epic Journey
    You got it rocking??? Whoohoo!!! :banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.