Status
Not open for further replies.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I'm really happy for you!!! :thumb: And I can't wait to hear what you have to say when you try it on your TS, for sure! I love mine with the airflow control open about a quarter of a turn...
That's about where I have it for the cartos I've been using in it. But it's on the shelf right now until the SS bottom cap gets here. Hopefully tomorrow!

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Glad you have it purring for you Loft! I think you'll find that the raves about this device are solidly rooted in reality. Yes I am a charter member of the GG Fanboy club but this device simply has no peers at this time.

And for juice hogs like me, imagine that same great vape in a 7ml tank which the upgrade kit will allow. ;)

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
I love those SS bottom caps. Now I finally have an ALL ssggts.

You and I both Vlad! I love the look of freshly polished brass but on my all stainless GGTS, I can get it as smudged with fingerprints as I want and simply take a micro-fiber cloth and it looks like it just came out of the box. Living right on the Gulf, it is hard to keep brass shiny even with regular polishing.

The all stainless does away with that! And I might add that the fluted stainless cap is awesome. Looks like a crown on top of my prize! :D

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I love those SS bottom caps. Now I finally have an ALL ssggts. Did you order a 901 rethreaded and a 901-510 adapter?
I sure did! Along with more NR and R wire. Now I just need to source more wick. I also have a fuse kit, extra springs for fuse kit, and 2012 switch springs coming. Ahhhh I'm almost finished!

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I sure did! Along with more NR and R wire. Now I just need to source more wick. I also have a fuse kit, extra springs for fuse kit, and 2012 switch springs coming. Ahhhh I'm almost finished!

Nice... Looks like you got it all covered :thumb:

I wonder if we should introduce to xc-116 yet or should we just let you enjoy what you have for now... Maybe it's better to wait until ceramic replacements are available first :)

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Nice... Looks like you got it all covered :thumb:

I wonder if we should introduce to xc-116 yet or should we just let you enjoy what you have for now... Maybe it's better to wait until ceramic replacements are available first :)

Whoa whoa whoa! Spill the beans! Dont make me spam your phone LOL! ;)

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Nextel XC 116 wick is great wick but it requires a little more work. You either have to modify your ceramic (the wick is thicker) or debraid the wick. You also need to either heat treat (for best results) using a kiln or something like it or at least burn the sizing off with a torch.
Ah... well I have a torch, so I guess I'm halfway there. Not so sure about modifying the ceramic though...

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Rick recommended picking up some diamond files from harbor freight and slowly filing the channels wider. I plan on trying this once more ceramics are in stock. I don't want to be without my ody if I mess it up though lol.

++++++++++++ 10 on that. I already broke 2 Iatty ceramics trying to do that with the files. Either heavy handed or just a ...... Probably the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread