Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Got told at about 4:30 today that I am going to be the recipient of an ICD(Implantable cardiac defibrillator). So not excited. I was told I can still refuse, but not sure that will do any good. Depressed.

It's a relatively simple procedure. My Dad had one for a time which was later switched to a pace maker after he aged a bit more.

Just one tip I can think of, if you hunt or shoot, have the controller implanted on the opposite side of where you'd place a shotgun or rifle. The only down side I'm aware of is that my father was instructed to not do any arc welding, there could easily be other things that could interfere with the operation of the unit.

oliverturtle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Near the volcano
Thanks, my head just went to a crappy place about the whole thing. Just wasn’t what I was expecting today. For some reason your simple comment made me calm down about it. So thanks again. :)
Hunting, welding, using a metal detector, is what I have found that will effect me. I will have to talk to them about the specifics.
It's a relatively simple procedure. My Dad had one for a time which was later switched to a pace maker after he aged a bit more.

Just one tip I can think of, if you hunt or shoot, have the controller implanted on the opposite side of where you'd place a shotgun or rifle. The only down side I'm aware of is that my father was instructed to not do any arc welding, there could easily be other things that could interfere with the operation of the unit.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Hunting, welding, using a metal detector, is what I have found that will effect me.

My Dad can still hunt, just had to have where the controller was originally located moved to the other side. He also can still use his oxy/acetylene torch, just has to avoid the arc welder ( and probably a plasma welder now that I think of it ). He also uses metal detectors all of the time ( when time and/or Mom permits :D ). So make sure they put the controller on the other shoulder than the one you'd put a gun .... on.

Sunray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
Tiger Town, Ala
330380-May-Tomorrow-Be-Filled-With-Hope-Love-And-Faith.-Sleep-Tight-.jpg

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Got told at about 4:30 today that I am going to be the recipient of an ICD(Implantable cardiac defibrillator). So not excited. I was told I can still refuse, but not sure that will do any good. Depressed.
you be okays Ollies
smile_zpsrr3zikeu.gif

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Pssssssssssst......dis is wats I do
animated-smileys-others-054.gif
just waits in bed til da husband makes it and den gets up and its all dere alreadys just grabba cup

Reasons why that won't work for me...

1. I don't want to sleep with your husband... :lol:

2. I don't want to sleep with my exGF either!... ( actually the sleeping part isn't so bad, its the awake time part :shock: )

3. When I did sleep with the exGF... she out slept me...

4. and probably the biggest problem, I get up at different times more often than not so programming a coffee maker only works on certain days when I don't get up too early... Today I woke with a minor headache and if I get coffee quick enough when that happens, it can help get rid of it or at least keep it from growing into something worse.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Reasons why that won't work for me...

1. I don't want to sleep with your husband... :lol:

2. I don't want to sleep with my exGF either!... ( actually the sleeping part isn't so bad, its the awake time part :shock: )

3. When I did sleep with the exGF... she out slept me...

4. and probably the biggest problem, I get up at different times more often than not so programming a coffee maker only works on certain days when I don't get up too early... Today I woke with a minor headache and if I get coffee quick enough when that happens, it can help get rid of it or at least keep it from growing into something worse.
thumb_unsure3-1.gif

fill-mdr1.gif

thumb_laugh.gif

fille-lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread