HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Look-a-squirrel-2-20-2013-3-00-15-PM.png

KTM,

If that was a subtle way of saying some of us are paranoid I couldn't agree more.

Did I ever tell you about the time in "Central Park" when I was a kid while feeding the squirrels I decided to grab one for a hug... I'll leave the rest of that story to your imagination with confidence that you won't be able to exaggerate what happened. :ohmy:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Yes there have been more that a few "beta testers" filtering in and out of this thread and they only tried to assist and be helpful with what info and knowledge they may have. And yes I was/am a beta tester.

tchavei issues with C mode are posted here in many posts. He got his board RMA'd and should get a new one. Seems pretty simple to me that he had an issue and it got addressed by his vendor and Evolv. In previous posts it was pointed out that the beta test of the DNA40 did not include the C mode as it was a feature that was added later because those outside the US asked for it. Was it a perfect upgrade... no....but Brandon listened to them.

tchavei did "hope that [ they ] have checked the C mode" He was referring to the new 25 to which the response was that the new 25 had no C mode. Common sense says you cannot test a function that is not there and neither beta tests included the C function as it was not there to test.

Your post was the only one today I honestly felt like responding to. There is an "agenda" or "game if you will" being played out in this thread in which I will not participate in and for those PM's from posters here I'm sorry but they are unread and deleted. "Throwing people under the bus " is not something I want to do, nor will I here. I will just continue to be a participant in the many threads, forums, facebook pages, and beta testing and hopefully make just a very small contribution to this thing we call "vaping"...

Have a great day Kiwi.... :)
Finally this thread is returning to track. Kudos to you for this very elucidate and thorough post.

I will however just say this (and it's the last thing I'll say about the 'incident'). The game started after someone repeatedly insisted in trying to pick a fight to a point it was being ridiculous. Just check the time stamps.

Back to the dna:

Yes I had C mode issues plus the garbled screen. Living overseas would be a major problem in turnaround time plus the risk with customs. Thankfully a UK vendor stepped in (where I got the board from) and the process has been initiated through him.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
One thing is for sure, some people cant handle what they constantly dish out.

For the record, I love my DNA40 and I hope the next version fits in my flask
You just say that to make me jealous ;)

My old board landed this morning at Langley UK so my vendor should receive it very soon.... And then.... I will have a dna again :)

Regards
Tony

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
Wow! Last couple pages have been a little heated to say the least! Pretty sure those that have devices with fully functional boards are quite happy with the technology. Once the learning curve has been eliminated and you know what to do and look for, it's fantastic!

The people that had faulty, glitchy chips have a right to be unhappy........ To a point. I don't know why or how it happened, I had a device that I had to RMA and honestly, other than a little time lost with my vapor shark, I'm totally happy with the way it was handled.

I now have 2 and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another!

New technology, gonna have some growing pains, grow with it, not against it!! I'm sure evolv's ears are burning!!

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Well to clear up any misunderstanding from my part:

- I love TC
- I love the idea
- I love Evolv standing behind its product
- I love rayon and jesus btw

- I didn't like the idea of rma a unit across the ocean but sorted through my vendor

- I don't like the lack of transparency in some aspects - we know TC is finky with builds and some boards also had glitches. If it were me, I would label or at least provide a way to insert a code somewhere and know what revision a particular board was and what issues it could (could not meaning it had) have. This would provide a way to exclude the particular board from certain issues and the user could focus on his own build issues. This is nothing new, car manufacturers do it all time.

- I don't like people putting others down because they think they are superior. I always had nasty reactions to that. My workers love me for it but many others hate me when I react to it myself.

- I don't like iPhones nor Macs

And now I'm going to get a nic buzzzz :D

Regards
Tony

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Wow! Last couple pages have been a little heated to say the least! Pretty sure those that have devices with fully functional boards are quite happy with the technology. Once the learning curve has been eliminated and you know what to do and look for, it's fantastic!

The people that had faulty, glitchy chips have a right to be unhappy........ To a point. I don't know why or how it happened, I had a device that I had to RMA and honestly, other than a little time lost with my vapor shark, I'm totally happy with the way it was handled.

I now have 2 and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another!

New technology, gonna have some growing pains, grow with it, not against it!! I'm sure evolv's ears are burning!!

Yep.... new technology can have growing pains....in perspective a few small pains here compared to the many painless new and more complicated features included in the 40d.... and even thru the process of clearing the small pains Evolv released the 25d and has a couple other thing already is various stages of design and/or alfa testing....like your style.... grow with it, not against it....

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I started to watch it (I'm at the first 4 minutes) but this is going to take a while. The guy just started to explain how atoms are built and how they are squeezed to pass through a wire creating resistance and... (edit: sorry he's actually describing how the atoms in the wire are... He hasn't got to the current passing it yet) If he's going to keep up that detail, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts describing every component of the board lol.

Anyway, he said in the beginning that he will explain what the dna 40 can do and what it can't and how tc actually works. I'll post if I find something new... It's a one hour class.

Regards
Tony

Last edited:

patioclark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Lafayette, CO USA
I started to watch it (I'm at the first 4 minutes) but this is going to take a while. The guy just started to explain how atoms are built and how they are squeezed to pass through a wire creating resistance and... (edit: sorry he's actually describing how the atoms in the wire are... He hasn't got to the current passing it yet) If he's going to keep up that detail, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts describing every component of the board lol.

Anyway, he said in the beginning that he will explain what the dna 40 can do and what it can't and how tc actually works. I'll post if I find something new... It's a one hour class.

Regards
Tony

I wish that I spoke five languages like Tony or even English as well as he does.

I appreciate most every one of his contributions among the many threads I read. Plus he cracks me up now and again.

Just saying, folks.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
It's going to take a while. After the first 20 min I had to take a break. I mean, the subject is interesting but it's a pure physics lesson so far and a pretty heavy one.

He explained how atoms are configured, how many electrons in each ring, how they are held together to form a metal conductor, how the paths overlap and create outer highways for electrons to travel from one pole to the other, etc. He also referred that silver was the best electric conductor followed by copper then gold and also aluminium. He then proceeded to explain what happens to a metal conductor when subjected to heat at an atomic level i.e. How individual atoms start to expand and the electron paths start to collapse to their original form reducing the width of the highway which would lead to friction as electrons were passing through it and consequently rise heat and then my brain shorted out....
If he's going to talk about the dna 40 in the last 5 minutes I'm going to have brain damage way earlier lol.

Regards
Tony

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I wish that I spoke five languages like Tony or even English as well as he does.

I appreciate most every one of his contributions among the many threads I read. Plus he cracks me up now and again.

Just saying, folks.

patioclark,

Want to feel really inadequate I just the other day found out Tony speaks six languages the one he forgot to mention was Spanish he lives close to the border and had to learn it to chase the Spanish ladies. :oops:

Last edited:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal

Just saying, folks.
Thank you, I appreciate it. Really :)

Regards
Tony

patioclark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Lafayette, CO USA
patioclark,

Want to feel really inadequate I just the other day found out Tony speaks six languages the one he forgot to mention was Spanish he lives close to the border and had to learn it to chase the Spanish ladies. :oops:

ojala

and I obviously haven't configured my keyboard.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
God I hope my PORTUGUESE wife doesn't read this :D

Regards
Tony

Oops!!!

Sorry about that wasn't thinking (as usual). Now your going to tell me your wife speaks English also. Where did you meet her at a Mensa meeting that you are both members of?.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread