Not open for further replies.

HolaAmigos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2011
Texas
Hello ECF Members and Jawzun,
I received my i06 today, it was beta number #40.
And...all I can say is that I am very impressed. I used one of my i06's and it was a perfect fit...no problems at all.
My Drip Tips fit pefectly, unlike the 306 DCA, I am able to remove my Drip Tip with no hassle at all.
I am very impressed, I like the fact that there isn't so many sleeves, it's one sleeve with the io6 DCA and that's it, you're good too go!!!
No worries, on trying to find the exact one that fits.
I've been using it for about 6 hours already and I am very content....no issues at all.
And the best part...NO LEAKS.

Thank you very much GoodSense :)
One satisfied beta tester here!!!!!

Last edited:

davedamage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
indiana
Never enough...
4a3e455b-07b4-d0c6.jpg

4a3e455b-07c7-b43e.jpg

I bought the omega specifically to match my new i06 DCA, if that tells you how much I love these things.

spidermonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Boulder, Co.
After putting a few miles on the io6DCA I'm still sold. So far I still have no leaks. It fits all my devices just as good as the original does. The upper piece fits all my io6s (1.5, 2.5, 3.5) perfect, about 1/16" before it bottoms out. I will agree that the hole for the DT needs to be just a fraction of a decimal smaller. The GSV DTs fit well and so do most of my SS ones. The Cherry Mings fit but are a little loose. My acrlyic ones fall right off. I prefer the SS look on the DCA so like I said, I'm still sold.

I would also like to add that, at least for me, the io6 atty kicks the 306s a@@ any day.
(I knew this would be great if it ever happend)

Last edited:

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I have tried-my Cherryvapes tips, siam mods tips, china tips, trippy tips, super T tips, Empiremods Tips and so on…I have found most all of them give a snap when installing. Some are a tad tighter than others, but nothing shakes loose at all. I have 2 SS mings and one is a bit tighter than the other. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Perhaps the orings on some tips are worn down that others are using or did the calibration for the top cap deviate at some point?

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
DCA still working great. I have dripped 8 drops in and let stand for a couple minutes with no leaking. Gurgled when I hit it as it was obviously overfilled but no leaks and hit great after the first couple gurgle hits. I have noticed the draw is a little tight and when i loosen the top piece it hits better but the top piece wiggles. Any specific questions Jawzun?

Six2arms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
NorCal
6ce05aef-fede-be49.jpg
6ce05aef-fdac-6ab0.jpg

6ce05aef-fdbc-dbe9.jpg

6ce05aef-fdc8-5041.jpg

Guys, trust me it's not a fog machine.. It's the i06DCA!! Honestly, I wasn't a big fun of dripping at all.. But I do now as the flavor is outstanding. I'm not sure if Jawzun has fixed the issue of the pin being short as I've seen on earlier post on using in a Provari, but I don't have that issue at all. And using it for 24hrs now (just received mine yesterday) and there's no leak at all! I'm sold on this one, thanks again GSV and Jawzun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenbox619

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
SoCal
Received my iO6DCA bout a week ago (BETA #65) and have some results:

- upper piece connection to iO6 atty: fits on nice and snug

- bottom piece inside and outer threads: no problems

- Drip tip connection: no problems (Using a cherry vapes SS ming DT)

- Draw: Satisfied. But when loosening upper piece for more draw, upper piece wiggles.

- Vapor and Taste: Amazing!

and that's all I have for now.

Devices used: Provari Mini & VZ VV Tube Mini

Greenbox619

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
SoCal
I put my hh357 into it since I don't have an io6 yet, and it fits good but the top of the Dca of course won't fit on the 357 will let u guys know more tomorrow. I am hoping someone soon or Isaac will have some 1.8 or 2.0 ohm io6's for sale so I can try it out also.

ecigcharleston.com has some iO6's in stock.

Birks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I received Beta #51 today.

It comes with personal message in Japanese language "Arigato" by Jawzun. What a gesture!
Yes, I purchased few items from Japan but I never expect this surprise.:laugh:

Here is my thought about IO6DCA so far.

Style: Exactly same height as 306DCA. Only difference between two is 306 has indent outer diameter about middle of lower cup. IO6DCA has just straight outer diameter so it looks simple. I'm not sure if this is because beta or not but I hope you keep IO6 in this way so I can tell which one is IO6 from just a glance.

Atomizer fitting: All of my 1.8, 2.5 and 3.5 IO6 fits just fine with about 2-3mm space from the edge of the sleeve.

Vapor production: Excellent! It really depend on the air draw. I use to use Siam-Mods IO6 sleeve and it has heavier air draw. I like a little bit lighter draw so my IO6DCA has less vapor. However, DCA wins it has ability to adjust draw anyway.

So far, everything works great and I have no complain about IO6DCA. I'm really happy that I have several sleeve option fro IO6 now and DCA is my best choice.

Here is my review blog (but only in Japanese language tho...): IO6DCA Beta V1.0

P1000367.jpg P1000383.jpg

Jawzun

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hello All!

I just want to thank everyone for posting such great feedback. We've never attempted to beta test anything on this scale, it's really awesome to have so many people involved. We appreciate all your input and support!! :toast:

Thankfully it seems as though further modifications to the i06DCA will be at a minimum. The pin assembly will receive the most revisions, as it's pretty clear that needs improvement. We had hoped we could utilize the 306DCA pin with the i06DCA, but for proper fitment/safety we will be making a separate pin assembly for the i06DCA. More info on that to come.

We will also be addressing the inside diameter of the drip tip hole, but honestly I suspect that drill just needs to be sharpened :p And I would be guilty if I said we didn't use any GSV drip tips for testing. So the combination of the two could possibly have lead to some (maybe even random) loosey goosey drip tip holes.

I would like to table a concern from an ECF user that contacted me via PM, who experienced a short when using the i06DCA with an ePipeMod. Based on some very accurate dimensional feedback in regards to the pin size, we feel this issue isn't widespread, however, we would like to urge you to use caution while testing this device. ALWAYS use a mod/PV with proper built-in protection and venting!! And it's also a good idea to make sure the 510 connection fitting on your mod/PV is in good/clean working condition. Poor connectors can create shorts, and over-tightening anything to your mod/PV could possibly increase risk of a short. If you have any issues with this whatsoever, please contact me right away.

Also, for anyone of you "First 16" who received a FREE beta unit and are considering selling the device in this same forum's classified section....please know that we know, and we feel your actions in doing so kinda suck. We worked very hard to get this first batch completed and were happy to send the first 16 for free. Obviously we have no control over this and assumed some risk in proceeding with a lottery, but I must say this is disappointing. If you are unhappy with your i06DCA Beta that you received for FREE, pay it forward to someone who will appreciate it!! <---I didn't like having to write that :(

Thanks again for your great support and feedback. I will post back soon with more details on the revisions we will be making for the production i06DCA. As always, feel free to PM with any other GSV related questions, concerns, etc.

Cheers,

Jawzun
GSV

Jawzun

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Has anyone heard from Jawzun lately? I've sent a PM and an email last week re: an i06DCA issue I ran into but haven't heard anything back yet ...

Sorry Vapian! I was out of town/off-grid for a while there....needed a little break.
I appreciate your feedback greatly (see previous post) and I will respond to your PM asap.
Thanks very much!!

Jawz

Lax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Bozeman, Montana
Received #30 from the leftover Beta sale almost a week ago. It has been working great, just like my 306 DCA. I also find the drip tip connection a tad loose but hasn't been an issue at all. In some ways I like it since I've taken to removing the DT for dripping.

I've been using the DCA on a Provari v1, GLV supermini, and Super T P16. I never ran into any problem with the Provari like some have mentioned. It's worked great on all units.

There is only one thing I've run into... With my 306 DCA I could bottom out the top section which would eliminate air flow completely, but also give infinite control of the draw. It seems i06 DCA upper will not seat as low on the i06, or maybe I just learned not to force the upper onto the atty ;) Either way, the machining on the upper and the attys is impressive as all three 2.5Ω i06's seat at the same point and leave a small gap between the upper and lower when completely bottomed out. This was tested without the DCA on a mod so it isn't the center pin restricting movement, it is the atty bottoming out on the threads. It hasn't prevented me from using the DCA I just would like to tighten up the draw a little more.

A big thank you to Jawzun and GSV for getting these out there!

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
Also, for anyone of you "First 16" who received a FREE beta unit and are considering selling the device in this same forum's classified section....please know that we know, and we feel your actions in doing so kinda suck. We worked very hard to get this first batch completed and were happy to send the first 16 for free. Obviously we have no control over this and assumed some risk in proceeding with a lottery, but I must say this is disappointing. If you are unhappy with your i06DCA Beta that you received for FREE, pay it forward to someone who will appreciate it!! <---I didn't like having to write that :(

I can imagine that you didn't like writing that. It pisses me off to even hear this but I guess that it doesn't surprise me. They treated this like it was a contest and made money from someone else's hard work and that is pretty damn low IMO... These were sent out to find out what (if anything) needed to be changed and I really haven't seen as much feedback as there should be. I realize that some people take longer than others to test things and I haven't even given my final opinions on it but at least I am posting my findings as they come and people know that I at least recieved my unit instead of seeing a classified post from someone who has only one post in this thread that is irrelevant to anything that anyone here would even remotely care about :facepalm: Anyways, I am still happy with my i06 DCA and it has been the only thing that I have used since recieving it :D Sorry you have to deal with this crap Jason :( I have a care package that will be ready for you pretty soon too. You know what's up ;) Thanks for everything!

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
Wow 2 days have gone by and I am in a spot in which I got the beta io6 Dca and kindly asked for someone to sell me one and I have not had one pm.
Surely someone has a spare one they could sell. I have looked everywhere for a lr io6 and I only see hv io6's for sale.

Come on community hook a fellow vapor up,it isn't like I am asking for a freebie, and while I know I can post in the wanted section I really figured that someone here would of wanted the chance to help.im not mad nor upset just maybe a bit disappointed.

And before you start flaming me I have sent plenty out to people at no charge,as this is what I felt this community was about when I first found it. And all I am asking is for someone to sell me one,so I can test the Dca,I had emailed Isaac amd he
Said he
Would lmk when he
Got more in this week but his site went down, that's why I came here after I saw it was down.

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
Wow 2 days have gone by and I am in a spot in which I got the beta io6 Dca and kindly asked for someone to sell me one and I have not had one pm.
Surely someone has a spare one they could sell. I have looked everywhere for a lr io6 and I only see hv io6's for sale.

Come on community hook a fellow vapor up,it isn't like I am asking for a freebie, and while I know I can post in the wanted section I really figured that someone here would of wanted the chance to help.im not mad nor upset just maybe a bit disappointed.

And before you start flaming me I have sent plenty out to people at no charge,as this is what I felt this community was about when I first found it. And all I am asking is for someone to sell me one,so I can test the Dca,I had emailed Isaac amd he
Said he
Would lmk when he
Got more in this week but his site went down, that's why I came here after I saw it was down.

Oops, I am slow. Sending you a PM because I think I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread