Official ProVari 3 Thread - P3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dailywalker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Fantastica
Ok so I will go back and read the thread I promise. I got through the first few pages before I had to say something.
I go to work and the vaping world just evolves!

WOW 47 people reading the Provape Subforum wow.:toast:

OK This one is for Gato!
He must really have this!
(Speaking of which, please offer the non-blem full-size Dragon w/ blue LED at your website ASAP! )
I think he needs it.

I want one but I want Polished Stainless!
OH ok maybe satin silver too.
No... Wait... a Polished Stainless P3 DRAGON! LOL
JUST STOP ME NOW!

DH asked me ok so we are saving up for the P3 now.
I said I am gonna buy it from Provape not my B&M.
Well that also depends on how much and how fast I can save enough to buy one.
I LOVE IT!

OK
Vape Happy Vape ON!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I've not had any problems in direct sunlight and while you may say it's never sunny in Seattle, we have been having a lot of nice weather lately :)
It's not a issue with the OLED display we are using.
People in Seattle don't tan, They RUST! :D I know, because I lived there for a year...There sure is a ton of stuff packed into this new device, I am on the fence a little bit, but when the dust settles from the first wave after the release, I'm pretty sure one, at least one, will wind up in my stable :thumbs:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
At least the cap should FIT - if we get those, we can bounce them back and forth from a 2.5 to a P3. I think.

Phil pointed out that the THREADING was compatible, but didn't specifically say the spring would be OK with swapping bottoms.

If Phil got diamonds on his, can I get mine with a Provarinati end cap?

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
At long last, details of the P3 have been revealed. Now it's time to take a look back and see who got the predictions right!

Variable Wattage. Why people lust after VW, I'll never know (I've already heard all the reasons); but there are literally hundreds of people refusing to buy a ProVari because they expect the next version to have VW...

Flat Top Design. Some want a straight up flat top, others want a modular design that allows for both flat and tapered tops (and/or the ability to make a hybrid style mod).

Provarinati Themed Custom End Caps. Not a version 3 upgrade per se, but something near and dear to my heart. :D A three pack would be perfectly acceptable, containing the Eye of Ra Sigil, "Provarinati," & "Lumen Sees Totus."

Get rid of the "--" in the Menu. It's unnecessary, and adds to the perceived clunkiness of the menu.

You all know what I what: PURPLE LED!!!

My Biggies are:

Variable Wattage: Yes I know....eyes roll. And I get it. I build my own coils so I am not subject to the anywhere between .3 and .5 ohm variance in factory built heads, but others are. If you find your favorite topper and you use factory supplied heads, it IS a pain to adjust back and forth when you swap out tanks. And regardless of the actual "need" for this feature, NOT having it makes ProVape look like they are behind "the times" and "resting on their laurels".

EGO Cone with removable collar: Yes I have an ego adapter but it's just something else for me to lose. This actually takes care of two things. The removable collar allows the user to choose a flat top or taper design. And the Ego cone threads allow me to easily use the "tasters" that are so common in vape stores and vape meets.
The top cap does look as though it has eGo threading built in. I might be wrong on that though.
By far, my biggest gripe that needs to be addressed in V3?

The top-cap is totally out-dated...
Just at least update it for airflow performance & topper-accessibility!

Color Changing LEDs. If they can stick them in dollar store pens...
BAM! Called it!
Unless they find a way to hermetically seal that OLED I'm not interested. The last thing I need is to send my ProVari to the shop because it got a little wet in one of these pop up gutter washers we have down here in Florida.

I would like a double threaded extension tube where I can use the standard end cap. The extension tubes with the rounded ends are a pain in the .... to stand up on a flat surface. I never use mine because of that.

Better packaging would be nice. Was it just mine, or do they all arrive wrapped in bubble wrap. Would be nice to have a presentation box of sorts.

So I have been thinking about this alot lately (not sure why) but it really seems to me that they need to future proof it a bit, and thats whats probably holding everything up.

Provape could react to the industry, and pop all of the requested features into the next provari, or they could find a feature we didn't even know we wanted, and bring something to the market that is more capable than the competition.

Like I have stated before, the dna 30 and the mods on the market don't impress me. I think buyers are being taken for a ride, and the sum of the parts does not equal the end result.

The DNA 30 can be bought by any one, for about $50. Thats it. (its also approx what a provari board costs for repair). Then it take someone to put the board into something. A metal tube or box, button, and 510 connection dont cost $200. Of course you have to factor in labor, and doing things the provape way reflects in the price of the provari, but these companies are not doing things the provape way. Many are using aluminum tubes, which is easier to machine, and a cheaper cost of material. Many still are using aluminum project boxes, or the really silly ones, are milling a project box out of aluminum increasing the cost further.

What I would like to see are the following.

1) flat top
2) floating center pin
3) Higher amp limit. Should be able to handle a .5 ohm load at the minimum, put the blame on the battery, not the device.
4) VW- its an industry standard now
5) more options. I would love a full size with the mini engraving, I would also like to see some more color variation.
6) ego cone threading.
7) ditch the spring, give me an adjustable bottom like a mech mod.
8) how about a special edition Titanium tube? Fantastic material, pain in the ... to machine (it gets gummy) would pay additional for it.
9) just a brushed option. The standard gray is fine, and the polished tube is nice and all, but I want it to look like a delorean.
10) a better battery indicator. I like what Svoemesto did with the semovar. Sure I like being able to check my actual battery voltage, but a long press on the fire button should bring up a simple graph reflecting my battery status for info at a glimpse would be nice, however I would like it to be better than the semovar, so just light up all of the vertical columns on the led, and tick them off in sequence.
11) stick with the single button. Keep it simple, but like others have said, make the menu a bit easier to navigate, less presses or less delay, or make it an option to adjust.
12) I also like the semovar's ability to adjust the LED brightness.
Magman007 really is James Bond. That was pretty accurate.
Adding to my wishlist for V3:
- VW
- Display closer to the window so it's viewable at angles
- More info on the screen. V, Ω, & batt condition at once please.
- Purple LED for Ocelot

Ditto on the unchanged button here.

Tap, tap, tap... Talk.

I seriously wouldn't want them to TOUCH the button. It's my 2nd favorite ever, and the first one doesn't count because it's ridiculously unique, and also serves as the information conduit for a variable wattage device, the likes of which have rarely been seen off the Aussie shores.

I love the Provari button. Just the way it is (queue the sappy music).

Did I see Purple LED? That sure got my attention.
purple-dancing-banana-smiley-emotic_zps4e0872b5.gif

Here's how I vote on some of the comments:

I'd like to see various top caps. Ones that can be removed and changed like we have with various bottom caps, extenders and after market gear. Of course, one should be flat top as that has been a popular trend. Modular with tube assortments (and even some aluminum) could be fun, but not so necessary or important, to me.

I'd like a floating pin or some sort of adjustable pin -- perfected, of course, as Provari is known to do so well.

Please, don't change the button. It is a wonderful button. (Plus, some vapers can't handle bottom buttons at all!). I like the one button systems a lot, but if Provape made a 3 button I bet I'd like it too.

I also preferred the non-etched Provari name and logo. Maybe there could be a happy medium with a smaller logo?

Tube design has never been a selling point for me and provape products....so whatever they do with that I'm sure I'll be fine with.

I do hope they stay with the trend of being able to upgrade to new technical changes with reasonable cost.

When it comes to the main technical parts --- As long as it's passed Provapes test for endurance, safety, etc. whatever they do is fine with me.....as long as we don't loose the ability of the lower volts settings, however they are measured, that we currently have. I don't care if it is Just Volts or Just Watts or a combo......but I do think a VW option would go over very very well.
They stole your "Perfected" comment.
I would love to see:

VW
No more two screws, on the sides of the screen
Flat top to eliminate beauty ring.
Extension cap, included in price
Nice packaging: pretty Provari display box with foam insert.
Mini manual included.
6 for 6. Pretty good.
After some deliberation, I've decided that there are a few things that could be improved on.
2. A new industry standard of atomizer threading. Perhaps Zen's Z2 threading, with optional 510 beveled and flattop caps.
I hope it catches on. :D
Perhaps this has been mentioned (possibly by me in an earlier post ) but "made in USA" ought to be visible. Yes, Provaris are awesome but it is because they are US made, that I decided to research them...and then buy some.

The things that i want to see is extension rings to accommodate bigger batteries, better screen and perhaps vw

My own guess is that it's going to be a total surprise for pretty much all of us This is based on 1) how long it's taking and 2) the fact the P3 is not a replacement for the current Provari. (As stated elsewhere in this forum.) That's the thing that makes me think it isn't just another tube mod with more power/bells and whistles.

So a box mod, something programmable, or even something no one else has really come up with? Provape was a game changer with DC output voltage back in the day and I'm thinking they're going to come up with something equally revolutionary this time. Something that's not an improved Provari as we know it, but something else. Right now APVs are still in their infancy. Everyone but Provape and maybe the DNA/SX chips are using very primitive electronics. But that flat signal out of a Provari with its efficiency is amazing.

I'm betting the P3 is going to be just as amazing and something completely different from the Provari. Just like the Provari was a huge change from the Provape-1, but even more so. Because things like mechanical changes, increased power or simple arithmetic changes (like VW) wouldn't require months of retooling and safety studies. Especially that last really, really makes me wonder what they're going to come out with.

Some interesting thoughts! I would love to see a semi-box design, two flat sides with round edges for comfort. Programable, now this is where it could get interesting. I had thought of having separate user selectable watt/amp ranges would be a big advantage. Have a regular range to fire atties such as carto's, clear's, factory built coils. And offer a higher watt/amp range that the user could select for firing RDA, RBA type more advanced setups. A lot has happened since 2010, I am working my way through the 400 plus page thread up in the stickies to get an idea of how the ProVari came into being and progressed, and to get a sense of what folks were using in general in those times. So many advancements have happened in atomizers and power delivery units since then that Provape has to be on to something big this time around. It will be cool when they finally give us at least a teaser of what is to come...
I don't know how much the "What do you want to see on the version 3 ProVari?" thread influenced the development of the P3, but it's obvious that someone was paying attention. (Either that, or we're good guessers).

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
I would love to have one, but a local B&M here were charging $289 for ZenKote Gold ProVari and $220 for regular ones with extension. On that note I'll be waiting on website sales. I'm loving all the new innovations, love the rings, love the bottom cap. I'm personally not loving that P3 stop sign logo... Hoping since it's in beta testing that logo will be removed...
Kudos Provape for making such an innovative PV.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I love the features and all.
but the branding is too much imo.
I don't for see buying it, although i had thought i would.

I'll have to wait and see what, if anything serenity gear comes up with to hide the ugliness.
Such a shame. it has so many neat features... but with a hefty price tag, if it doesn't look appealing i don't want it.

i like the different tubes. i was hoping telescopic, but this is just as good.
definately flat top was important.
love the different screen colors.
wattage will be nice, and not having to have different devices to sub ohm.
the memory part is pretty cool... i can see settings for my cartos, my sophias, my drippers at different ohms...

i am curious as to how the repair costs will differ......

don't like the printing on the beauty ring/top cap.
the P3 logo is worse than the crop circles that i hated.
the tear drops was where it was at!

the adjusting 510 is awesome...
airflow channels....

i don't know, maybe it will look better in person.

honestly i'd just like to have the 2.5 topcap upgraded and i'd be real happy with what i have.
these beauty rings get pricey and are a pain.

i'm sure a lot of people will be happy with the new P3.
right now I love the guts of the device...
but am dissapointed in how it looks.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
At long last, details of the P3 have been revealed. Now it's time to take a look back and see who got the predictions right!

I don't know how much the "What do you want to see on the version 3 ProVari?" thread influenced the development of the P3, but it's obvious that someone was paying attention. (Either that, or we're good guessers).

Wow. I am IMPRESSED!!! You were preparing for this, yes? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread