Official ProVari Procyon Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
I am thinking about picking up a Procyon. I have a black and ghost white Radius and those have been my go to devices. I have a P3 too. So I am thinking "Do I really need it?". Probably not....but I still 'want' one. I have held one in my hand and its really nice.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I am thinking about picking up a Procyon. I have a black and ghost white Radius and those have been my go to devices. I have a P3 too. So I am thinking "Do I really need it?". Probably not....but I still 'want' one. I have held one in my hand and its really nice.

I didn't "need" one either, but I love mine!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I am in the same boat re: wanting a Procyon. The reality of WANT vs. NEED I guess is what is holding me back as I have a Radius, 2xP3, 2xClassic and 7x2.5.

Do I NEED a Procyon? Nope. Do I want one? Yup.

I am thinking about asking Santa for one, but I don't want to wait 7 months. :nah:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
email.png

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
Justin at Canada eJuice can order you one in if they don't have stock and I find their prices are less than in the US. $99 or $109 CAD IIRC for black/stealth.

I bought GMZ and SS Kabukis there. I ain't cheap, but I won't pay more just to buy in Canada.

Might be worth a look in then classifieds as well but you would need to be "verified". Actually, I would strongly recommend looking in the CL for deals on black Kabukis. ;)
Thanks, Brent. I just ordered 2 SS Kabuki tanks from CEJ and it is good to know that I can order black tanks.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Thanks, Brent. I just ordered 2 SS Kabuki tanks from CEJ and it is good to know that I can order black tanks.
CEJ also has SS replacement tanks as well. Not sure your thoughts on those, but I refuse to use Kabuki glass as it sucks. ;) SS and poly only for me. I did pick up a blue glass tank from Zen when he was in Toronto and apparently it is much stronger than the thin Quartz tanks. I will try that one out one day.:)

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
CEJ also has SS replacement tanks as well. Not sure your thoughts on those, but I refuse to use Kabuki glass as it sucks. ;) SS and poly only for me. I did pick up a blue glass tank from Zen when he was in Toronto and apparently it is much stronger than the thin Quartz tanks. I will try that one out one day.:)
On your suggestion, I will order some alternate glass tanks when I order the black Kabuki tanks. Thanks, Brent!

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
I am in the same boat re: wanting a Procyon. The reality of WANT vs. NEED I guess is what is holding me back as I have a Radius, 2xP3, 2xClassic and 7x2.5.

Do I NEED a Procyon? Nope. Do I want one? Yup.

I am thinking about asking Santa for one, but I don't want to wait 7 months. :nah:
You will love the Procyon. It is an elegant mod for a more civilised age. ;)

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX

I am one of these guys that watches tons of videos and reads all I can before I buy stuff usually especially mods. I just know if I buy something other than the Procyon I have a strong feeling I will be disappointed.

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
I only buy provape mods, i have tried all the crappy cheap mods my smoking/vaping wife gets and hate them all and watch them fail 3-12 months later but now that 2.5's are cheap plan to get only provari's for her even tho she likes box mods now the radius is still to expense for her she says since she still smokes but hey maybe a 2.5 will change that!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
Yeah I was about to pull the trigger on a Vaporshark DNA200 but think for the way I vape the Procyon would be better. Plus I love Provari
Vaporshark are not bad. I have an Rdna 40 sitting on my desk with a clapton coil and it is passable, but it is just not a Provari. Out of 30 some odd mods that I have, nothing, I repeat, nothing vapes with the same degree of satisfaction that I get from my Provari mods. If you have an inclination for a Procyon, I really think that you owe it to yourself to get one and see what it is all about. There are only two types of vapers out there, those that own a Provari and those that should own a Provari. :)

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
ProVape has long focused on safety. For example, the P3's 20 watt limit ensures a battery at 3.3V under load is only tasked to provide about 6 amps. Although this covers a decently wide range of 18350 battery quality and condition, ProVape made an additional effort to ensure adequate battery condition with the controversial and sometimes confusing IQ system.

The ProCyon's 50 watt limit raises that 3.3V battery current to about 15 amps. Even the 18650-only configuration inadequately ensures safety, since there are batteries of that size only rated at 10 amps, and some of them out there are old. There are some really crap 18650s out there. I suspect because the IQ system will come into effect more often here, and their past user experience, ProVape hid IQ from the user and went to a simple Go-No Go interface. I can appreciate that.

With the Procyon, I miss seeing the voltage for the set wattage and ohms, and I miss seeing the Boost setting I've selected, but I also miss seeing the IQ. I'd like to see ProVape offer a "Pro" firmware upgrade for the Procyon that brings back the P3 information. But I can enjoy the Procyon without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread