Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Wow that bad huh? :(

Sorry to go off topic but since you mention Reo and you're a fan of provari. Do you happen to know which Reo squonker is the one that's not 14500 but is very small. It may be 350 or 500'battery.

I can't find any squonk mod that looks decent for under $500. It's ridiculous. I have stem crave regulated now and the firm factor is good but the chip isn't. If I could fit it and out even a DNA 30 in there I would.

Actually I believe they use evic karts. I'll have to see if the evic chip is s direct swap. M

Anyway. If you're a big provari fan and familiar with Reo. Id love some
Opinions of you know about the bottom feed stuff. Maybe we can take it to pm. But I actually think it Would be interesting to have a discussion with others who are acclimated to the build and power quality of provape products to discuss what we're all using to fill the needs provape doesn't offer options in. Like squonking. Truly small mods. Temperature control that works with materials other than stainless.

I feel like I'd trust opinions from provari fans just because they're used to quality reliable devices.

I wish provape would make a squonker. If they were European they would have already (much more popular there) surely they can make w radius that is 25* wider and incorporate a bottle and Briton feed. Cmon provape !

I'm also waiting for them rj make skmernj f truly small.

With the vapocalypse arriving in a week or two and no new uncertified products. I don't think there's much hope unless provape are rushing like crazy to get a line of products or before the 8th.

Also does anyone have the black finish on a provari product. I've seen pictures and read stories which state it's extremely delicate. Ironically even the military. Is that true ?

You know what w great sake would be for provape. Flat price any customer aesthetic options. As much as I love provape stuff. H the time I'm done with my custom radius I think I'm around or over $300. I need more function if I am going to pay that much. Like the ability to use a nickel build at .05 for temp control. Or heck. Nife48 at .35

So if I'm going to build a storm trooper radius j need to know a pocket with s couple quarters risking sriud. Does t destroy the black finish. Anyone have black and how long and what condition ?

Thanks on all fronts.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
Sorry to go off topic but since you mention Reo and you're a fan of provari. Do you happen to know which Reo squonker is the one that's not 14500 but is very small. It may be 350 or 500'battery.

I can't find any squonk mod that looks decent for under $500. It's ridiculous. I have stem crave regulated now and the firm factor is good but the chip isn't. If I could fit it and out even a DNA 30 in there I would.

Actually I believe they use evic karts. I'll have to see if the evic chip is s direct swap. M

Anyway. If you're a big provari fan and familiar with Reo. Id love some
Opinions of you know about the bottom feed stuff. Maybe we can take it to pm. But I actually think it Would be interesting to have a discussion with others who are acclimated to the build and power quality of provape products to discuss what we're all using to fill the needs provape doesn't offer options in. Like squonking. Truly small mods. Temperature control that works with materials other than stainless.

I feel like I'd trust opinions from provari fans just because they're used to quality reliable devices.

I wish provape would make a squonker. If they were European they would have already (much more popular there) surely they can make w radius that is 25* wider and incorporate a bottle and Briton feed. Cmon provape !

I'm also waiting for them rj make skmernj f truly small.

With the vapocalypse arriving in a week or two and no new uncertified products. I don't think there's much hope unless provape are rushing like crazy to get a line of products or before the 8th.

Also does anyone have the black finish on a provari product. I've seen pictures and read stories which state it's extremely delicate. Ironically even the military. Is that true ?

You know what w great sake would be for provape. Flat price any customer aesthetic options. As much as I love provape stuff. H the time I'm done with my custom radius I think I'm around or over $300. I need more function if I am going to pay that much. Like the ability to use a nickel build at .05 for temp control. Or heck. Nife48 at .35

So if I'm going to build a storm trooper radius j need to know a pocket with s couple quarters risking sriud. Does t destroy the black finish. Anyone have black and how long and what condition ?

Thanks on all fronts.
The black stealth finish is fragile. I have a stealth 2.0 and it has plenty of nicks and pits. I dropped my new Black King a foot to flagstone, and earned a nick on the bottom plate. Annoying, but I'm a huge klutz. Both my custom finished Radii are now safely tucked into those weird rubbery sheaths.

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
The black stealth finish is fragile. I have a stealth 2.0 and it has plenty of nicks and pits. I dropped my new Black King a foot to flagstone, and earned a nick on the bottom plate. Annoying, but I'm a huge klutz. Both my custom finished Radii are now safely tucked into those weird rubbery sheaths.

I have a black Radius with the black finish. Its held up fine BUT I haven't had it long and I am pretty easy on it. I have a black sleeve for it I might have to slip on it. My other two with the stainless don't have sleeves.

So its stainless underneath the black right just like on a normal Radius?

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I don't have any custom metal finishes on my Radii, but I didn't like the way the nekkid ones felt in my hand and the bases seemed like they would be hard on my furniture when I set them down on the table. I'm sensitive to the way things feel, so the nekkid ones were unpleasant to me.

I tried the silicone sleeves, but the Provape ones turned out to be cat-hair magnets. They were pretty nice for a day or so, and then I had a fun-fur wrapper that was icky to touch and look at. My Pico cases don't attract the fuzz. If you have 5,000 cats, you are going to have fuzzies to deal with.

I ended up putting J-wraps on all of them. The clear-clear worked the best on the dark purple. The foil one seemed much stiffer and didn't want to hold down at the seam, so I had to put a line of tape over the seam. The wraps come with sections to cover the metal sections on the top and bottom, so if you wanted to protect your metal, they might be an option for you. I think it gives a better grip on the hard plastic of the Radius.

My favorite was the printed clear wraps over the Ghost. They only work on the light colored plastic if you want to see the pattern on the wrap, but I really liked the way it lights up when you fire the mod. I was going to get another color, but decided to order a second Ghost just so I could use another printed wrap to really have a custom look.

I can't send pictures because they are all headed back to Provape for the software update. I was never able to get the update software to work after trying many variations of Mod/cord/PC, so I bit the bullet and turned them over to the Bill Man to see if Provape can get them to update before the dooming sets in.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
I don't have the heart to cover up the Purple Princess. This is such a beautiful color. I have two Jack Russells (tiny white hair hell) and a black cat. Yeah, the clear and black sheaths are bugging me--I could use them to sweep the floor from a foot up! But as top heavy and tipsy as these mods are, even without a topper, I'll stick with them. Now if PV would would release a Tiffany Blue cover, I'd be allllllll over that! I haven't found anything else that protects the finish at jwraps.

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Blah.....Got my titanium wire in the mail for my Kayfun 5/Radius to play around more with CC. 28 gauge, and something like 8-9 wraps. Coming out to around .8 ohms. Got it set to I-7.....Error. Grrrr Temp Level Exceeded. Tried a few of the other settings. Same results. In watts mode, it works just great. But not in coil control mode. Any suggestions?

Reactions: AstroTurf

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I don't have the heart to cover up the Purple Princess. This is such a beautiful color. I have two Jack Russells (tiny white hair hell) and a black cat. Yeah, the clear and black sheaths are bugging me--I could use them to sweep the floor from a foot up! But as top heavy and tipsy as these mods are, even without a topper, I'll stick with them. Now if PV would would release a Tiffany Blue cover, I'd be allllllll over that! I haven't found anything else that protects the finish at jwraps.

I've got a clear wrap on one of my purples, so you can see the pretty color, but there is the softer vinyl to protect the metal bits and the furniture from damaging each other. The jwraps came with stickers for all of the metal parts, top and bottom, so you wouldn't lose any of the appearance. I put some silicone bands around the tanks to protect them from a tipover.

My new ghost came today, so when I get it charged and do a test run with it, I'll try to remember to take a picture of it when I get the fire-flower wrapper on it.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
nekkid.jpg
bottom.jpg
side.jpg
top.jpg
done.jpg

I just got done making some peektures of the new Fire Flower Ghost.

nekkid.jpg

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
I have had my custom black radius for a few months, I call it stealth lightning, got all stealth but the button. The plastic has not marked up at all, and the finish has held up extremely well. I use the Kabuki and I could easily get 2 days off a charge.

I very hesitantly updated the firmware to the Coil Control. I matched it to G for the Kabuki and tried it out expecting to remove the update. I took the first hit, all I could say is WOW! I can't believe more members haven't talked about this experience. The flavor is intense and consistently great. You definitely want to make sure the coil is properly primed, and once the coil is end of life, you want to change it because it is not pleasant. But once the new primed up coil is installed....back to heaven. I get about a day less this way, but it's like finding vaping again.

I'm now considering getting a 60 watt so I could use other tanks and a dripper that I could enjoy at 50 watts. I'm curious how the battery life will be with the increased wattage. Now do I sell the Vaporshark DNA 200? Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
Last edited:

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Is this a j-wrap? How do the cut outs line up and everything? I mean from the pics its spot on and you did a great job.
It is a jwrap, and I think it lines up very well. The bottom ones were the hardest for me to get right, so some of them are a tiny bit wonky and don't line up perfectly with the points and the holes in the metal. I erred to line up the points rather than the hole so the sticker wouldn't peel.

Do the body first, and line up the oval for the button section and then work it over the speed bump by the window. After the body is wrapped, you can use it as a guide to get the strips for the metal sides.

I would recommend a plain clear one over a dark color radius. The clear printed ones will look best on the ghost. I was not as happy with the application of the foiled sparkle one because that wrap was much stiffer with the foil.

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
It is a jwrap, and I think it lines up very well. The bottom ones were the hardest for me to get right, so some of them are a tiny bit wonky and don't line up perfectly with the points and the holes in the metal. I erred to line up the points rather than the hole so the sticker wouldn't peel.

Do the body first, and line up the oval for the button section and then work it over the speed bump by the window. After the body is wrapped, you can use it as a guide to get the strips for the metal sides.

I would recommend a plain clear one over a dark color radius. The clear printed ones will look best on the ghost. I was not as happy with the application of the foiled sparkle one because that wrap was much stiffer with the foil.

Thanks for the info! I have a ghost and and all black. I might get one for the all black. So when you say a plain clear one over the dark is that the regular printed ones?

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Thanks for the info! I have a ghost and and all black. I might get one for the all black. So when you say a plain clear one over the dark is that the regular printed ones?
The plain clear is crystal clear and shiny so the body and metal will show through. The printed clear is what I put on the ghost and needs light color behind it to show the design. Printed clear is more like a stained glass window compared to regular window if that makes sense. When I get my others back from Provape I will post some pics.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
so peoples solutions are to wait several hours, or use multiple devices.

really now.
Yes really. Not my idea of a fun time, lem'me tell you!!!
The Radius takes forever to charge & that bound 'n determined chorus of folks singing "dont take the battery out" is singing to their own choir. Just because ProVape designed it that way doesn't make it a realistic option for all users.

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
The plain clear is crystal clear and shiny so the body and metal will show through. The printed clear is what I put on the ghost and needs light color behind in to show the design. Printed clear is more like a stained glass window compared to regular window if that makes sense. When I get my others back from Provape I will post some pics.

Great would love to see those pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread