Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
This is the problem with Provape fanboys, every time someone says something negative about one of their products, simply because it doesn't fit their needs, you ridicule them by making stupid comments like he can't afford one. Why do you take everything so personal? Does it really bother you that much that it doesn't fit the needs of every vaper out there? It's almost like Provape users feel like vaping has to be done the Provape way and everything else is bad. Well, it isn't. Different people have different needs when it comes to power, features and TC... deal with it.

happy_place.jpg

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Regardless of who pays for the forum, I'm pretty sure he can say what he wants on the topic of the Radius. This hyper-defensive fanboy thing is why people hate Provaris/Radius, not the mod itself. I'll say it again:

Sure, he can. But why would he? I guess I'm just completely different. I've never hung out in a dna thread touting why Provape is the mod for me. Just sayin'........

My issue is I leave nothing stock. lol

But it's a 2004 E55 AMG. She's my secondary......
12074947_1047837631922812_5541748498666722219_n.jpg

And my main girl.....2010 Audi S5...i'm sure i'll catch hate for the stance. lol
12036444_1039401189433123_4827267817220943730_n.jpg

That Audi is seriously hot!

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Regardless of who pays for the forum, I'm pretty sure he can say what he wants on the topic of the Radius. This hyper-defensive fanboy thing is why people hate Provaris/Radius, not the mod itself. I'll say it again:
It is actually about manners and being respectful - as unfortunately there are people who demonstrate a lack of.

If someone comes into your house and starts talking trash about you, your family and your choices, that is not respectful. It is one thing to politely disagree with your choices, but disrespectful to talk trash.

If that person wants to talk trash down at the local supermarket, that is entirely different - still not respectful, but it isn't in your house. You are correct that everyone has a right to their opinion, but the manner you voice your opinion speaks volumes about the type of person and to a lesser degree how they were raised.

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA
So, my understanding of the charging is that the lightening bolt is supposed to go away when it's done charging. Mine does not go away, nor is the bar totally full. It's hard to tell. So, I don't like the charge indicator, and I don't like that it is not apparent when charging.

I'm tending not to use my Radius too much, so I don't have to charge it.

Hello,

When the battery gets towards the end of the charge cycle it will slow to a trickle charge to top off, so while the battery meter shows its full graphically, it's still topping off that last little bit. Once the icon disappears is when it has completed the full charge cycle. :)

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
And just to set the record straight I have no issues with anyone here or the vaping choices they make. I haven't been here in years. Only showed up because someone mentioned my video got shared here and people were being defensive and talking smack. I don't care what anyone vapes on as long as it keeps them happy and off the stinkies. So don't think i'm here looking for trouble. I respect others opinions. But I guess that doesn't mean people have to respect mine. lol

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

And my main girl.....2010 Audi S5...i'm sure i'll catch hate for the stance. lol

trying to figure out your train of common sense here 420 ... you slam the Radius because you can buy 5 iSticks for the same price :blink:

with your line of thinking ... shouldn't you be a cheap Kia kinda of driver?

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
trying to figure out your train of common sense here 420 ... you slam the Radius because you can buy 5 iSticks for the same price :blink:

with your line of thinking ... shouldn't you be a cheap Kia kinda of driver?

The Kia would be the Radius for me. A DNA 200 device would be my Audi. Now if a Kia had all the features and power of my Audi for a 1/4th the price I would CERTAINLY jump on that! Maybe get a few. Get it?

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
It is actually about manners and being respectful - as unfortunately there are people who demonstrate a lack of.

If someone comes into your house and starts talking trash about you, your family and your choices, that is not respectful. It is one thing to politely disagree with your choices, but disrespectful to talk trash.

If that person wants to talk trash down at the local supermarket, that is entirely different - still not respectful, but it isn't in your house. You are correct that everyone has a right to their opinion, but the manner you voice your opinion speaks volumes about the type of person and to a lesser degree how they were raised.

I don't recall twisted talking trash, and it was someone else, not twisted, that posted his review in here. Even his review, while expletive-laden, wasn't talking trash. Maybe from a "Provape-can-do-no-wrong-they-are-perfect-and-anyone-who-disagrees-is-the-enemy", it was, but what I got from his review is that he thought the Radius was a solid mod, but didn't suit his vaping style, and he considered it overpriced. Those are valid opinions from his point of view, even if I don't personally agree with him. Hardly trash-talking.

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
I don't recall twisted talking trash, and it was someone else, not twisted, that posted his review in here. Even his review, while expletive-laden, wasn't talking trash. Maybe from a "Provape-can-do-no-wrong-they-are-perfect-and-anyone-who-disagrees-is-the-enemy", it was, but what I got from his review is that he thought the Radius was a solid mod, but didn't suit his vaping style, and he considered it overpriced. Those are valid opinions from his point of view, even if I don't personally agree with him. Hardly trash-talking.

Thank you so much for your unbiased understanding sir. I applaud you.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
So, my understanding of the charging is that the lightening bolt is supposed to go away when it's done charging. Mine does not go away, nor is the bar totally full. It's hard to tell. So, I don't like the charge indicator, and I don't like that it is not apparent when charging.

I'm tending not to use my Radius too much, so I don't have to charge it.
Have you updated it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DPLongo22

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

But it's a 2004 E55 AMG. She's my secondary......
12074947_1047837631922812_5541748498666722219_n.jpg

Those are Really Nice!!!

Thanks, Jim

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
The Kia would be the Radius for me. A DNA 200 device would be my Audi. Now if a Kia had all the features and power of my Audi for a 1/4th the price I would CERTAINLY jump on that! Maybe get a few. Get it?

not really ... I prefer the Corvette over an Audi :cool:

And I prefer them Stock as they come ... no need to dress em up :smokie:

z06_c7.jpg

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
not really ... I prefer the Corvette over an Audi :cool:

And I prefer them Stock as they come ... no need to dress em up :smokie:

View attachment 502616

Well that just comes down to preference. lol And you can get 3 of my Audi's for the price of a Z06. Another uneven comparison. lol

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
One thing I get stuck on is available. I don't like being forced to buy "New and Improved." In my experience New and Improved is rarely improved. About two years ago I bought a Vamo, I think it was a V2. I liked it okay, but I already had a ProVari that I liked better. (I bought the Vamo to see what all the hoopla for VW was about.) I didn't use it very much, so I PIF'd it. But what would happen if I really liked it and after all this time it broke down? Where could I get another one? Whatever version of Vamo they are selling now, isn't the device I liked, so I'd have to stalk the classifieds and hopes one turned up.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Different reviewers have different styles. I prefer people who focus on the product, regardless of whether they would buy it or not, and who read the manual prior to filming. That's why I don't watch some of them. While watching a video it becomes obvious pretty fast when a person isn't providing useful information and I move on. It's annoying when I'm really interested in a new product and don't learn anything from a video, but more will be posted - good and bad. I wish Mark Todd would come back.

Still, I give Twisted points for using the word ProVarinati. We Are Legion.
Where's Mark? Something happen? I can't imagine he quit Vaping!

Sent from my i6S+ using Tapatalk

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I downloaded the PDF and Programmer. I read the PDF but didn't see any mention of system requirements. Are the drivers, .net stuff, and actual program compatible w/ Windows XP?

I dug out my old laptop from 'bout 2005 and that's what it's OS is.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I downloaded the PDF and Programmer. I read the PDF but didn't see any mention of system requirements. Are the drivers, .net stuff, and actual program compatible w/ Windows XP?

I dug out my old laptop from 'bout 2005 and that's what it's OS is.
Good question!

Reactions: jwbnyc

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Where's Mark? Something happen? I can't imagine he quit Vaping!

Sent from my i6S+ using Tapatalk

No, he didn't quit vaping. He posted a vlog awhile back and said he was going to take a break from posting videos. I thought he was still on break, but he's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread