Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
'Assassination' is a subset of 'Murder.' An assassination is the murder of a public person or a hired-out murder. Importance of a person is generally irrelevant to the definitions' of either word.

But I think you were just being clever, ha.. thanks for the fun post :) I'll resist my strong philosophy-major urge to explain some of the others. Thanks again.

Waiting for my SI order with great anticipation, can't wait to put this tobacco down.

Yeah, me, too. Not a philosophy major, but about the strong urge to answer them. OK, a question. If assassination is the murder of a public person, doesn't being public make that person important? Unimportant isn't noticed, right?

I especially liked the question about why we had to sing the song. Like the writer of the questions knew we would. How predictable are we?

SO - Predictable . . . that this might make a great contest :D . . .

hint ;) - hiNT ;) ;) - HINT ;) ;) ;)

And would probably be quite Funny to See/Read all the different responces . . .

Take one line - respond . . .
Each Line/Answer is an Entry . . .
Then Random Draw . . .

What You Think "Imagine" :D

? ? ? WIN ? ? ? Me A Prize ;)

Last edited:

brianphrack

Jan 24, 2012
Philly
Yeah, me, too. Not a philosophy major, but about the strong urge to answer them. OK, a question. If assassination is the murder of a public person, doesn't being public make that person important? Unimportant isn't noticed, right?

I especially liked the question about why we had to sing the song. Like the writer of the questions knew we would. How predictable are we?

"..doesn't being public make that person important?"

That is another debate entirely, which mainly concerns itself to the definition of the word 'important.' And, honestly I'll say the word is subjective, similar to words like 'beautiful' or 'ugly'... or, let me work this in, whether an e-liquid flavor is 'good' or 'bad'. It's all up to the individual. The e-liquid flavor is neither 'good' nor 'bad' inherently. It needs to be observed by an individual first (tasted), then the individual makes her decision, which may not match another's decision. Though, one may argue that general opinion makes a truth. Ex: The smell of a skunk-spray is agreed to be 'bad' by the majority of the populous. But, I'll tell you, truthfully, to me, I enjoy the smell of a skunk; I really do. So the smell of a skunk is not 'bad.' Everyone on this forum may like a certain e-liquid, but SandySu may not.

Back to the direct topic:
Being important is irrelevant, public or not, as assassination pertains to a public person, not importance.
Even if we were to assume that all public figures are important (which I will still argue is subjective and more importantly irrelevant to the concept of assassination), but even if we were to put aside subjectivity and relevance to the concept we would be guilty of part-of-the-whole fallacy. Ex: All public people are important, but all important people are not necessarily public. In this instance public is a subset of important, just as assassination is a subset of murder. (Google fallacy of composition if you want more on part-of-the-whole fallacy, I've already taken up too much room, which I feel a bit bad about.)

I apologize if anyone feels I have blown-up the thread with this, sorry. ......but maybe I'll argue this post is relevant in explaining the importance of subjectivity in e-liquid flavors, lol :)

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Awww - Thanks! She IS irresistible. Still trying to figure out why she was abandoned at a shelter. It makes no sense to me. For any of you that may think that pound/rescue dogs are there for a good reason (they must have some huge issues), please reconsider. My Lexi is living proof. How many dogs do you know that can use their lip as a leg warmer?

A lot of Dane/Mastiff crosses wind up in rescue because they "got too big"
WTH? How big did you THINK a GIANT breed dog was gonna get?:facepalm:
and the "separation anxiety" issue Sandy mentioned.
Do you know how much stuffing is in an 8 foot long sofa? I do. It covers a 12 X 17 room to just above the ankles.;)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

"..doesn't being public make that person important?"

That is another debate entirely, which mainly concerns itself to the definition of the word 'important.' And, honestly I'll say the word is subjective, similar to words like 'beautiful' or 'ugly'... or, let me work this in, whether an e-liquid flavor is 'good' or 'bad'. It's all up to the individual. The e-liquid flavor is neither 'good' nor 'bad' inherently. It needs to be observed by an individual first (tasted), then the individual makes her decision, which may not match another's decision. Though, one may argue that general opinion makes a truth. Ex: The smell of a skunk-spray is agreed to be 'bad' by the majority of the populous. But, I'll tell you, truthfully, to me, I enjoy the smell of a skunk; I really do. So the smell of a skunk is not 'bad.' Everyone on this forum may like a certain e-liquid, but SandySu may not.

Back to the direct topic:
Being important is irrelevant, public or not, as assassination pertains to a public person, not importance.
Even if we were to assume that all public figures are important (which I will still argue is subjective and more importantly irrelevant to the concept of assassination), but even if we were to put aside subjectivity and relevance to the concept we would be guilty of part-of-the-whole fallacy. Ex: All public people are important, but all important people are not necessarily public. In this instance public is a subset of important, just as assassination is a subset of murder. (Google fallacy of composition if you want more on part-of-the-whole fallacy, I've already taken up too much room, which I feel a bit bad about.)

I apologize if anyone feels I have blown-up the thread with this, sorry. ......but maybe I'll argue this post is relevant in explaining the importance of subjectivity in e-liquid flavors, lol :)

Then It All Depends On and Comes Down to . . . :)

The "T" vs "t" (Truth/s) . . . & . . . "F" vs "f" (Fact/s). . . ;)

AND - Those that are . . . All Generalizable vs Individual . . . :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Thanks Rave - I really appreciate the comment about both, especially from "You" . . . :D

Just as an FYI: The New Avatars I am using are from "Boris Vallejo" , one of my favorite "Fantasy" Artist and I will be switching them up every now & then . . .

However, I maybe getting rid of the "title", particularly given all our New "Volties" abilities and more importantly, I can longer apply the "Fluff" like or as easily I use too . . . And also since "My" Uncle Smiley has been removed from "My" Signature and I was reprimanded for having it even though I asked and was given permission to use it by the previous Forum Manager . . . it seems I cannot use the "Uncle Smiley" in my signature line because it is animated . . .

"Forum Rules"

24. Signature (sigs)
a. No animated graphics are allowed in signatures and there are no exceptions.

As I mentioned to someone else . . . I thought the Uncle Smiley was perfect down there in the sig . . . Since it was always there and I didn't have to go off the ECF site . . to copy and paste it in every post . . . And to be honest with you - as I mentioned before, with my dyslexia problems, it takes me a long time to write, edit (check spelling/grammar, etc before/after posting), and then add smileys to any post I did . . And NOW it takes me double to triple time to do the exact same thing . . . I am so frustrated and upset - it is no longer any FUN at all for "Me" . . .

Although, some people have mentioned they miss them, a lot more people will be very happy I am no longer adding "Fluff" to my post . . . Matter of fact, could that be why I am having these problems - people complaining and reporting me to Moderators too ? ? ? ?

Uncle, now I'm upset too! :( I don't think you should change your name. You are the ORIGINAL "Mr. Fluff" and always will be!!! I don't think anyone would be glad if you were done posting smileys! Doesn't everyone love them? :D OK, not everyone, but I sure post a lot of them so if anyone didn't like yours then they don't like mine either! I'm so sorry to hear that posting has been hard for you lately. :( I am just glad you are here and will appreciate every one of your posts! (((Hugs))) Can you share your Uncle Smiley in a post so me and other new Volties can see what it looks like? I wish you could use it in your sig.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
the copper is rubberized.. the gold is not

Hi Imagine! I was just thinking something. i don't know if the white batteries are rubberized, but if they are maybe you could think about making them non-rubberized. I say this because i notice some people mentioning how they have to work at keeping their white batts clean or how they just look dirty, so maybe a non-rubberized batt would be easier to keep clean and clean if it got dirty?

sherlockholmes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
US
You never know when you may be desperately wishing that you had a power pack. A couple of years ago we had an ancient white oak keel over and simultaneously destroy our electrical pedestal, our propane tank, and our well! Of course, it was February and only 13 degrees outside. We had no power for several days because no one could work on the electrical pedestal with a busted propane tank so close by. That's the Bainbridge Volunteer Fire Department trying to figure out what to do in the pic. Eventually they decided that there were no options available other than reeaaalllly heavy equipment and refraining from smoking.

Winter2010006.jpg

If there's any way you can swing it - Get A Power Pack!! I have one that I purchased a few years ago and they are wonderful!

I don't know, Rave; smoking just might have eliminated the need for the heavy equipment. Is there a market for solid oak toothpicks? :D

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Just for everyone's entertainment... :2cool:

That was sooo funny! LOL I haven't been Bogarting my Volt lately because i bumped up my nicotine level to 18mg from 15. I just wasn't getting enough in my system to satisfy me so I dragged on it like my life depended on it! lol :D We'll see how it goes!

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
I had 2 danes growing up... they were sisters... one had to have surgery... we had to lock the healthy one up by herself so she could let her sister recover...

Well she obviously hated this and missed her sister... she actually ate through the window frame and almost through the house to get out .... haha

A lot of Dane/Mastiff crosses wind up in rescue because they "got too big"
WTH? How big did you THINK a GIANT breed dog was gonna get?:facepalm:
and the "separation anxiety" issue Sandy mentioned.
Do you know how much stuffing is in an 8 foot long sofa? I do. It covers a 12 X 17 room to just above the ankles.;)

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Whew!!! I've been reading through this thread, and fully admit I'll never make it through, so if this has been asked and answered, sorry.
I'd like to know which batts you Volters prefer, manual or auto, and why?

I love my auto! It's just great!!! I like not having to press a button and the autos have a longer cut-off time. They cut off after 7 seconds where the manuals cut off at five seconds.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
TY for the welcome CrBrown.
And I can't see your name here right now, but the multi-colored fluorescent light bulbs girl-Hello too! You are the cutest lil thing to read honey! :banana:
I think I'll get more automatics based on your like Cr. I'm only just over a month into this, and opinions more seasoned than mine are appreciated.
I'd also like to share a cute little picture with everyone...LOL
View attachment 75808
Guys, click for enlargement-this is one of those 'perfect timing' shots that had me roflmao!

Hi!! Thank you so much for your kind words!! :) I'm glad you're here! I really like your energy and posts!!!

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
And also BTW, my taste preference is whatever dessert I'm craving. The needing-to-imitate-a-menthol-cigarette thing lasted all of five days for me...which is great, cuz I haven't had to eat desserts for my crazy sweet tooth, and have lost about 30 pounds! (last 10 to go) :)

Congratulations on losing 30 pounds!!! Wow!!! Can you tell me some of your favorite dessert flavors and where you get them from? I have a big sweet tooth too! :D

WebMistress89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2011
Canada
www.rhiannagreene.com
Congratulations on losing 30 pounds!!! Wow!!! Can you tell me some of your favorite dessert flavors and where you get them from? I have a big sweet tooth too! :D

I would like to know too!!

I ordered a TON of diferent coffee flavours, because ilove coffe but i always have to put alot of chocolate or something in it.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Thank you, Imagine and SI for the point system. I ordered some stuff this morning and got a nice discount. I also found out you can't use the points discount AND a coupon on the same order. :oops: I didn't think you could, but had to try it. :laugh:

I love the point system too! last order I also got a nice discount!!

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Actually, Lexi is past the whole gas thang. I believe she was just nervous from being in a different environment. Don't think she'll ever lose speed bump status though. Sounds like some serious separation anxiety damage has occurred for PrincessDee and Imagine! WOW! Lexi is okay now when I leave a room for a short time now, but if I take too long she gets antsy. Today I was taking a bath and had to get out and let her in because she was crying. After I got back in the Jacuzzi she started to get into "I'm gonna jump" pose and I had to quickly tell her "NO!". That could've been bad ... :ohmy: :facepalm:

Nice idea for a new contest Uncle!! :thumbs:

Sherlockholmes - Dunno about oak toothpicks, but I did provide enough oak firewood for friends and neighbors to get all of us through the whole winter. fire.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread