Status
Not open for further replies.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
The first 5 minutes made me sick, I couldn't stomach any more of that snot filled, predisposed, drivel of a video.
The tobacco industry she refers to hasn't touched a single cent of mine in over 4 years...this coming from a guy who as a teenager would have thought nothing cooler than a camel tattoo to express my love of smoking. I would have walked ten miles for a camel 5 years ago...today those chains are broken.

Last edited:
The way I see it is its more of a power struggle. BT,BP, and the gov are seeing $$$ which equals power slipping from their grasp. I think this FDA crap is just a way to raise the price of playing the game for mod and juice makers. If they cant afford to get all their products approved(which is out of their price range), then they will end up selling the business to someone who can afford it.(ie BT). So in the end the FDA regs end up lessened but BT ends up buying all US producers and then we can continue to vape but BT still gets the profit. Just my opinion but I'd love to be wrong.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
The way I see it is its more of a power struggle. BT,BP, and the gov are seeing $$$ which equals power slipping from their grasp. I think this FDA crap is just a way to raise the price of playing the game for mod and juice makers. If they cant afford to get all their products approved(which is out of their price range), then they will end up selling the business to someone who can afford it.(ie BT). So in the end the FDA regs end up lessened but BT ends up buying all US producers and then we can continue to vape but BT still gets the profit. Just my opinion but I'd love to be wrong.

The only WRONG in all of this is the FDA ever sticking their collective Noses in our Business.:glare:

SammyS

Mar 4, 2015
MN
In listening to MPR they were interviewing an analyst from the Minnesota health organization responsible for this study. When they asked about e-cigs, the analyst said "The reduction is not from people switching to e-cigs, it is directly due to tobacco tax increases and very aggressive campaigns, if anything we are seeing more troubling evidence of kids starting to use e-cigs and then change to cigarettes." I'm moving to the UK! This is just crazy, I take part in as much advocacy as I am able to and I feel as if I am trying to feed a kid brussel sprouts for the first time. They look yucky therefore they are yucky... Flippn' politicians and ignorant people in control of my future. NOW THAT IS SCARY!

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario

Yeah, gotta agree. Once the larger US vape players with the most assets lose enough biz due to the regs. and have paid the most for PMTA's (that are denied or have stalled)the BT vultures will sweep in and pick up the best of the best at pennies on the dollar and save the day. Nice plan boys. Cheers.

Last edited:

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Saving grace in all this is that they cannot stop vaping because of the ingredients and parts these devices are made from. They would have to regulate Food, Beverage, and Flashlight companies. ;P

True, but anything and everything in a vape shop will be considered that vaping as the end use and as such a high bar is set for compliance of everything they sell.
Once most of the shops are closed it'll be just a wave of the wand to ban all advertising which will essentially kill online sales even if product could get past the border.
I'll be glad to be wrong on this.
Flavours and studies will all be moot at that point. Unlees of course you're BT.

Reactions: mountaingal

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
In listening to MPR they were interviewing an analyst from the Minnesota health organization responsible for this study. When they asked about e-cigs, the analyst said "The reduction is not from people switching to e-cigs, it is directly due to tobacco tax increases and very aggressive campaigns, if anything we are seeing more troubling evidence of kids starting to use e-cigs and then change to cigarettes." I'm moving to the UK! This is just crazy, I take part in as much advocacy as I am able to and I feel as if I am trying to feed a kid brussel sprouts for the first time. They look yucky therefore they are yucky... Flippn' politicians and ignorant people in control of my future. NOW THAT IS SCARY!

Is there any way to ask for his PROOF of that ??

Too much FUD being spread around to unsuspecting people that are being senselessly scared away from stopping cigarettes and using e-cigs.

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
I'm sick of all these so called health "experts" spouting all of their nonsense to put vaping in a bad light! I'd like to see a non-profit started whose sole purpose would be to advertise /advocate the truth about vaping on a NATIONAL LEVEL! Like, "New study shows smoking rates at an all time low. XXX thousand people have stopped smoking using vaping products in the past X years." Both statements together in USA Today or Time Mag. or ... On billoard in major cities! FDA couldn't say kwap! A way to change peoples perceptions. Companies and consumers coild support it. Try to find some wealthy individuals to help the cause! J Depp comes to mind :) other truths like Vaping ( e-cigs ) save lives! Royal C of Phsycians - 95%safer... We need to fight this dastardly naritive!

SammyS

Mar 4, 2015
MN
Is there any way to ask for his PROOF of that ??

Too much FUD being spread around to unsuspecting people that are being senselessly scared away from stopping cigarettes and using e-cigs.

You are exactly right, but the time when it would have had any impact was during the interview. The follow after is pointless as the lemmings done heard it on the internet, so it must be true. People live and die by 30 second blips from politicians and the like. Very few actually look into what they hear. Especially if they do not see how it impacts them specifically right now.

Example: Hurricane Sandy victims, people felt bad about what happened in the moment, but now three years later those same people should be raging at the government for allowing insurance companies to profit from the victims losses and leaving many of them still homeless and/or completely underwater on their existing mortgages because the insure companies shorted them on their compensation.

A bit extreme, but the point is valid...

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
"The reduction is not from people switching to e-cigs, it is directly due to tobacco tax increases and very aggressive campaigns, if anything we are seeing more troubling evidence of kids starting to use e-cigs and then change to cigarettes."

If kids are using e-cigs then we may consider where we leave nanny goats out to pasture. If they are meaning instead human children, then, we need to ask where are the children getting the money to but e-cigs or cigarettes?

:facepalm:

If and when big tobacco is the only remaining player in the ecig industry, they will quickly...
1.) Phase out production of ecigarettes because profit margain from regular tobacco cigs is higher.
2.) Figure out how to make ecigarettes more addictive (and toxic) through additives.

Many will not like the following but I think we need as many in the retail and manufacturing sector as possible, including consumers, to pitch in CA$H to air advertisements on TV and in magazines saying "Vaping has fewer toxins than smoking analogs. Go to your local Vape shop today to switch!" and hit BT & BP right in the wallet where it will really hurt.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Many will not like the following but I think we need as many in the retail and manufacturing sector as possible, including consumers, to pitch in CA$H to air advertisements on TV and in magazines...
I see this sentiment posted quite frequently...
But it's likely true that those posting it don't really understand the cost...

I agree that is the very best thing we could ever do.
But we simply can't afford to do it.

That's what happens when you take on Goliath.
And when your desired media outlets are Goliath's good friends.
:(

I see this sentiment posted quite frequently...
But it's likely true that those posting it don't really understand the cost...

I agree that is the very best thing we could ever do.
But we simply can't afford to do it.

That's what happens when you take on Goliath.
And when your desired media outlets are Goliath's good friends.
:(

Yep, money... well I say hit the news hour, and late night TV for a month. Advertising vaping on TV is legal right now. Soon it will be banned.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
If and when big tobacco is the only remaining player in the ecig industry, they will quickly...
1.) Phase out production of ecigarettes because profit margain from regular tobacco cigs is higher.
2.) Figure out how to make ecigarettes more addictive (and toxic) through additives.

This is why I will never, ever buy an ecig product that BT has had a hand in.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Made it a few more minutes into that 'deeming webinar clip'.

So mr Zeller is ticked off that vapes have been sunk as drug delivery devices. So they got hijacked into 'tobacco' products and blaming the vaping industry itself for that ... have to - grudgingly- admire the sheer chuzpah of that.

Especially since he knows bloody well that costs of a drug approval make the price tag on a PMTA look like a steal from the bargain bin. Getting it past the FDA as a 'drug delivery device' would have killed 99.9% of the industry. So now it rubs out a mere 99.0 % . Nice going indeed.

Maybe mr zeller doesn't mind who is a sycophant to ( BT or BP) as long as they have big d.. dollars that is.

Vaping dodged getting hung, don't expect it to stand still for getting shot.

It seems painfully obvious to me also that not a one of those politicians either has a child or has raised a child(nanny took care of that). Because what they are doing only makes things worse. To vilify something whether its an object or an activity only makes it more interesting. Putting some pressure on the parents of underage kids who purchase ecigs, or stiff penalties to a clerk or shop that sells them makes for more sense than attempting to remove them from existence. But in the interest of childrens safety lets just bubble wrap the world. Wait. What happens when a child chokes on the bubble wrap? Then what or who do we blame?

Side note. If they are worried that kids that vape MAY progress to cigs. What would those kids be smoking now if they didn't have a vape? Cigarettes!!

It seems painfully obvious to me also that not a one of those politicians either has a child or has raised a child(nanny took care of that). Because what they are doing only makes things worse. To vilify something whether its an object or an activity only makes it more interesting. Putting some pressure on the parents of underage kids who purchase ecigs, or stiff penalties to a clerk or shop that sells them makes for more sense than attempting to remove them from existence. But in the interest of childrens safety lets just bubble wrap the world. Wait. What happens when a child chokes on the bubble wrap? Then what or who do we blame?

Side note. If they are worried that kids that vape MAY progress to cigs. What would those kids be smoking now if they didn't have a vape? Cigarettes!!

I have to say, this reminded me that even at my age of 56, somehow my e cigarettes taste better now that I know they're getting banned. :rolleyes: Not that I wouldn't happily settle for a world where sanity in government policy and the health of it's citizens are valued more than profit though.

narak

Moved On
May 26, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread