The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Oh no, Provape is gone. I have been missing for awhile.

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by JJOOHHNN, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JJOOHHNN

JJOOHHNN Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I took a look to see if there was anything new at Provape and now I see that they are gone. This makes me kind of sad. Who is filling the role that Provape used to fill?

• Like Like x 2
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    No one really... A lot of folks liking provape have moved on to the Jac B, I think it is?

You might check out this thread: JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 57chilicat

57chilicat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2011
    McKinney, TX
    Provape closing was indeed sad. You might want to stop in the Lounge and meet up with those of us still loving our Provape beauties!

• Like Like x 2
  4. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    The ProVari killer never happened ... and they never made a ProVape quality cigalike either.

cheers JJOOHHNN:party: :tumble:

• Like Like x 2
  5. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I will have to do that. I have a bunch of 2.0 and 2.5's and was thinking it was time to get the latest from Provape then found the bad news.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    Did someone buy the tooling from Provape? I would like to see them come back.

A cigalike still makes up about 1 percent of my usage. I need to see if anyone has made a better one. I only use a cigalike when I need both hands.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WillyZee

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    Zen from House of Hybrids tried to buy ProVape at the end, but it fell through ... the owners basically just closed shop and retired.

ProVariBeach.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. wheelie

wheelie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    Must be nice to close shop and retire. My wife has me on a retirement plan and mine is "Freedom 95" :(

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    Do you know what happened to the tooling?

• Like Like x 1
  10. WillyZee

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    it might be with Bill at ProVari Fuel E-Liquid

he is still doing repairs and honouring the 1 year warranties on the last units ProVape sold.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Just Me

Just Me Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2010
    Guard them with your life!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I now wish I would have picked up a few P3's and a couple of Radius. I was going to wait for the next generation of Provape products.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Just Me

Just Me Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2010
    Hindsight is 20/20. I wasn't interested in the P3s or the Radius, but I wish I had bought more 2.5s when they were $30-$50. It was really a shock when they just shut their doors overnight...

• Like Like x 2
  14. jwbnyc

jwbnyc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 4, 2014

If you are looking for something with equivalent, or better, quality..

look here:

Tube Mods - dicodes-mods.com

The basic dicodes have reasonably low power, and fixed pins, very similar to the 2.5, in alot of ways.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I have plenty of 2.5's. I would have like to have seen how things at Provape would progress over time. If I knew they were going to have to close I would have grabbed some P3's and a couple of Radius. I am aware of dicodes and may someday get a V3 Extreme but to me it will not be the same.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jwbnyc

jwbnyc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 4, 2014
    ProVaris, of various stripes, do turn up, in the forum classies, from time to time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I'm one of those folks. :) I still have a couple of 2.5's and a P3, but alas my vaping style changed a couple of years ago. I needed more wattage.

I purchased a JAC Vapour SeriesB DNA 75W a couple of months ago based on the recommendations of my friends in the above thread and the excellent reviews of all the You Tube reviewers. I can't say that I have been disappointed.

The form factor is perfect -- a hybrid cross between a box and tube mod; feels like holding a Mini Provari. The DNA chip is as fine as the one Provape made. Build quality is as good as a Provape product. The single :nah: is the rubberized paint finish; I put the JAC in a coat pocket which had my car keys and the paint finish became scratched --- my bad :grr:. I've read there are protective skins available which I will likely get in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. TraderX

TraderX Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2015
    Philly Suburbs
    I contacted Bill at Provari Repair in August about warranty work on two Provaris I purchased right before they closed. He informed me that Provape was no longer honoring the warranties, and and repairs would be at full cost. I was under the impression that Provape was going to honor the warranties, but they decided not to do so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    Now THIS is surprising considering the close relationship they shared.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    If Provari Repairs is just a name (not part of Provape) they don't have to honor an out of business company warranty.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.