Oh no, Provape is gone. I have been missing for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I took a look to see if there was anything new at Provape and now I see that they are gone. This makes me kind of sad. Who is filling the role that Provape used to fill?
Provape closing was indeed sad. You might want to stop in the Lounge and meet up with those of us still loving our Provape beauties!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I took a look to see if there was anything new at Provape and now I see that they are gone. This makes me kind of sad. Who is filling the role that Provape used to fill?

The ProVari killer never happened ... and they never made a ProVape quality cigalike either.

cheers JJOOHHNN:party: :tumble:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Provape closing was indeed sad. You might want to stop in the Lounge and meet up with those of us still loving our Provape beauties!

I will have to do that. I have a bunch of 2.0 and 2.5's and was thinking it was time to get the latest from Provape then found the bad news.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
The ProVari killer never happened ... and they never made a ProVape quality cigalike either.

cheers JJOOHHNN:party: :tumble:

Did someone buy the tooling from Provape? I would like to see them come back.

A cigalike still makes up about 1 percent of my usage. I need to see if anyone has made a better one. I only use a cigalike when I need both hands.

Reactions: stols001

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Did someone buy the tooling from Provape? I would like to see them come back.

A cigalike still makes up about 1 percent of my usage. I need to see if anyone has made a better one. I only use a cigalike when I need both hands.

Zen from House of Hybrids tried to buy ProVape at the end, but it fell through ... the owners basically just closed shop and retired.

ProVariBeach.jpg

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014

If you are looking for something with equivalent, or better, quality..

look here:

Tube Mods - dicodes-mods.com

The basic dicodes have reasonably low power, and fixed pins, very similar to the 2.5, in alot of ways.

Reactions: stols001

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
If you are looking for something with equivalent, or better, quality..

look here:

Tube Mods - dicodes-mods.com

The basic dicodes have reasonably low power, and fixed pins, very similar to the 2.5, in alot of ways.

I have plenty of 2.5's. I would have like to have seen how things at Provape would progress over time. If I knew they were going to have to close I would have grabbed some P3's and a couple of Radius. I am aware of dicodes and may someday get a V3 Extreme but to me it will not be the same.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
No one really... A lot of folks liking provape have moved on to the Jac B, I think it is?

You might check out this thread: JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w
I'm one of those folks. :) I still have a couple of 2.5's and a P3, but alas my vaping style changed a couple of years ago. I needed more wattage.

I purchased a JAC Vapour SeriesB DNA 75W a couple of months ago based on the recommendations of my friends in the above thread and the excellent reviews of all the You Tube reviewers. I can't say that I have been disappointed.

The form factor is perfect -- a hybrid cross between a box and tube mod; feels like holding a Mini Provari. The DNA chip is as fine as the one Provape made. Build quality is as good as a Provape product. The single :nah: is the rubberized paint finish; I put the JAC in a coat pocket which had my car keys and the paint finish became scratched --- my bad :grr:. I've read there are protective skins available which I will likely get in the future.

Last edited:

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I contacted Bill at Provari Repair in August about warranty work on two Provaris I purchased right before they closed. He informed me that Provape was no longer honoring the warranties, and and repairs would be at full cost. I was under the impression that Provape was going to honor the warranties, but they decided not to do so.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I contacted Bill at Provari Repair in August about warranty work on two Provaris I purchased right before they closed. He informed me that Provape was no longer honoring the warranties, and and repairs would be at full cost. I was under the impression that Provape was going to honor the warranties, but they decided not to do so.
If Provari Repairs is just a name (not part of Provape) they don't have to honor an out of business company warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread