Old Rio-Mini just doesn't cut it any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
A wooden dowel with 5.5v on top.

Well I was trying to help rebar because if your not using AW IMR's it can make a huge difference. I know that the mini with good batts can make great vapor not as long as a mini 2.0 or a grand but great when charged. Different batts can make a huge difference with lr Atties.

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
Well I was trying to help rebar because if your not using AW IMR's it can make a huge difference. I know that the mini with good batts can make great vapor not as long as a mini 2.0 or a grand but great when charged. Different batts can make a huge difference with lr Atties.

Oh hey sorry Justice.. I'm serious about the 50mm wooden dowel. I have a copper contact on the top of the dowel I supply <5.5v to it Passthrough style when I'm at home.

Yes using good AW IMR's but now really notice the performance diminish quickly. I did take the mini back to work today after a year long hiatus. It outperformed the twist/ce4's I just received. I'm now wondering if I can find a atty hotter than the 1.7 306's Iv been using..

Can someone explain to me why, if one wanted more/hotter vaper. Why use higher voltage instead of lower ohms? Don't you achieve the same?

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh hey sorry Justice.. I'm serious about the 50mm wooden dowel. I have a copper contact on the top of the dowel I supply <5.5v to it Passthrough style when I'm at home.

Yes using good AW IMR's but now really notice the performance diminish quickly. I did take the mini back to work today after a year long hiatus. It outperformed the twist/ce4's I just received. I'm now wondering if I can find a atty hotter than the 1.7 306's Iv been using..

Can someone explain to me why, if one wanted more/hotter vaper. Why use higher voltage instead of lower ohms? Don't you achieve the same?

It achieve the same end result, although it was easier to get higher voltages than it was to find an atty lower than 1.5 ohms. Now that the rba's are so popular you can make a nice low ohm atty in about a min or so. Although using a ultra low ohm atty on a 14500 mod is going to yield very low vape times per charge and you will have to use a IMR battery doing so.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(

I'd make a guess your bats have gotten weak over time. Even if they come off charger showing a full charge they may not be holdin it as well. May be worth grabbing a new batt or two and trying them out. Now I get the dowel gig :lol:

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I never did that. I had it in pieces except for the atty fitting. Just possibly, juice is getting down between the aluminum and the brass fitting slowly adding resistance there. I dunno.

I just put everclear on the shopping list.

No never sent it back to Robert. Might do that if I can round up/fix a replacement. The center pin I'm not worried about. Its the outside sleeve which is pressed into the aluminum.. I think.. which might be creating resistance there.
Daughter borrowed my second Mini and Lost it along with a hand full of batteries. The boy borrowed moms egoT.. Gone. lol So I'm tempted to go shopping but I want a VV/VW bottomfeeder in the mini size for work. I could change batteries about anytime I needed. I might think about the 6v but adjusting ohms with different attys sounds like a pita and ancient at these times.

Iv got a few 14500's from april 2012. They perform just like my older batteries with off the charger volts at 4.1 or more. Loaded, the batteries drop to 3.7 or so. Does that sound like I need new batteries?

Just to be clear. My Mini is working. But it.. like the subject say.. Just doesn't cut it anymore. Vapor wise I should add.. I didn't say it wasn't the best built, most reliable , coolest looking hand hidin PV out there.
More than likely, it's probably my senses becoming dull with age and analogs or the juice. But if you watched me take multiple pulls holding the button for 10-15 seconds.. You'd probably laugh and recommend more watts.

I would seriously look into getting yorself a Hornet and build your own! You can make them hit like a cannon if you want! Couldn't imagine wanting more out of a mini with a Hornet wired at 1.0 ohms!!:evil:

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
The Surface is supposed to fit the Mini, also. Several of us will know soon as they are shipping this week from Germany. One REOnaut ChrisEU, who lives in Germany, will probably be the first to get his Surface in. Surface Verdampfer Selbstwickelverdampfer There is a thread here on Reosmods, ECF, about the Surface.

I got surface last week and yes it does in fact fit the mini. Same size as a boge carto in length.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Boy.. I'd like to hear a ornet/surface comparison.

I made some comments and comparisons on the Hornet has landed thread and the preorder surface thread.
It a nutshell:
Both work great, both well made.
Surface - well machined, very airy draw from bottom, Hornet tighter draw air from side, Surface same size as boge carto, liked the theaded top on Surface vs, Hornet pull off top, center feed system on Surface, center post feed system on Hornet which I like better, deep well on Surface which I found I over squonk and flood, Surface taller than Hornet, Hornet little easier to replace coils as it's a bit fatter, Surface thinner & taller. Surface about $30 less after shipping from Germany. Guess it depends on how it looks on your PV and if you want to spend extra money on Hornet. I personnally prefer the Hornet as it is very compact and I like the tighter draw.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Your welcome to send the mod to me I can test the unit under load. The mini is a great mod for some but to be honest I could never use a 14500 mod I would need 5 batteries to make it through a day . Its possible you have gone past the point a 14500 mod will give you what you need

I have to agree with this. A 14500 is very limiting, even IMR's. The 2.0 mini is only 4-5mm thicker, and allows for a 18mm battery. At least to me this make a big difference, I even uped the atty resistance from 1.5 to 1.7ohms with the larger battery.

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    I personally prefer the Hornet as it is very compact and I like the tighter draw.

Thanks. I just ordered the SS hornet.

My AW 14500 ICR's are dying out. My Trustfire's are dying out, but my Efest 14500's are kicking ....

I think you just need to get some better batteries, and maybe try an A7 Mini RBA from Empire Mods. Build a 1ohm coil, you'll love it.

I'm looking forward to that 1 ohm unprotected while aiming the door away from my face. I heard the Panasonic's were good while they were around.. Are Efest's batteries better than AW IMR's ?

I have to agree with this. A 14500 is very limiting, even IMR's. The 2.0 mini is only 4-5mm thicker, and allows for a 18mm battery. At least to me this make a big difference, I even uped the atty resistance from 1.5 to 1.7ohms with the larger battery.

Agreed on the 14500's. Not sure on which new mechanical I want yet as I just ordered a miniVari to mess around with. Has Robert ever been asked or said anything about adding a voltage booster to a reo? Or is/was VV a trend which wasn't really needed since the release of the genesis style low ohm rba?

Mudflap

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    Has Robert ever been asked or said anything about adding a voltage booster to a reo? Or is/was VV a trend which wasn't really needed since the release of the genesis style low ohm rba?

ReosMods LLC started selling the VV Grand last year.

It has a six ml bottle, uses two IMR 18350 batteries, and is adjustable from 3.3 to 5.5 volts.

Genesis atomizers aren't for everyone.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Every chart that I have looked at have said that eFest batteries outperform AW batteries at lower volts.
    At higher volts with a boost circuit variable voltage mod, AW batteries outperform the Efest bats slightly.
    I'm not really educated much on batteries but at 3.7v with a low resistance atomizer I think the Efest wins.
    But at higher voltage with low res atomizers, or even regular atomizers, I believe I read the AW bats win.
    Does anyone know if this is considered to be 100% accurate or not? This is what I took from the reviews.

Here is my question: Are those 14250 batteries safe to use in the Reo? Any more dangerous than 1 14500 bat?
    And I would need to buy a few pairs of them and a CR123 charger, right? No big bat chargers will work?

As for the Reo mini... I love mine a lot but it does need to be cleaned often. Is this true with most ALL mech mods?
    I think it was a combination of buying bad batteries off of ebay and the connection needing to be cleaned in my reo.
    They were very nice as soon as I posted about my batteries not firing, told me I could send it back to be checked.
    I think that offer still stands to this day. Which is way more than I can say about 95% of the mod market today...

Someday I will get a rebuildable that will work on my reo mini and then I'll REALLY be in business :)
    Until then, I'd really like to try using the 14250s... They sound really neat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread