Older People - 55 years and up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
I'm at 18mg on SI's RY4 as well --- and now she's got me wondering too. :unsure: Crud. That's all I needed was another thing in my Shopping Cart. :laugh:

You know, that's the thing. I can't imagine anyone in this thread saving money. Just as you order and receive that thing or things you had to get, someone posts something that really sounds good. And it's back to the shopping cart.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    OK, a lil' help and a major rant...

Do not skip MC Part B. Go to your local federal MC office and drill 'em as to what you can and won't get! Damnit, that's what they're paid to do! Don't leave until ALL your questions are answered and the options are clear to you!

WARNING: MAJOR RANT MODE ON-

I'm a retired 20 year USAF 'Nam ('67-68, Da Nang, RVN) vet. And it slays me when I see the current public ads asking for public support for disabled vets and their families!!! What a totally (Edit)shame that this country asks for the sacrifice and won't take care of their own!!! How many federal senators and representatives use a podunk VA hospital for medical care?!?! Ummm...

I've had service buds and neighbors that wasted away while the pols argued whether Agent Orange, and later on, the Gulf War experimental inoculations were the medical causes for our vets sufferings!!! That's not even counting the battle trauma suffered by soooo many!!!

Fortunately, through Divine intervention, I'm in one piece and can at least type my fury!!! So for me, the LAST words I want to hear is "We're from the government, and we're here to help you".

Rant mode off-

Monday, I converted (16th) another young buck to the joys of an eGo batt and eMDCC!
    thumbsup.gif

I too am a Viet Nam AF vet (Bien Hoa 63-64), plus my daughter is an AF "lifer" and flies Aeromedical evac. So I will say that the system is better now than it has been in the past. But, still falls short of what it should be for vets. The fact that some vets come home with "life long" medical conditions still seems to be forgotten all to often.
    However I will say that some vets tend to abuse/overload the system when they would be doing us all a favor by just going to their local medical clinic when they need a bottle of cough medicine, etc,etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluesman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2012
    PA USA
    You know, I feel like a vaping maniac. I have a variable voltage Ego battery on loan from a friend until Saturday. So, I'm playing around with that. I have a couple Volt X2 Clearomizers that I'm trying out on my X2 batteries. And, call me stupid, but I love the vape I get from a Volt 78mm battery.

Plus, I'm using the new taste testers Rave taught us to make. Yes, folks, I have the fire department and emergency responders on alert as I practice DIY.

Semiretired, I came up with something pretty good. (Imagine that!) Coffee e-liquid with a touch of Capella's Double Chocolate and TFA Black Cherry.

Bluesman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2012
    PA USA
    tj99959, it's always nice to meet another Viet Nam vet. Perhaps under different circumstances I would feel differently about the whole military/government/american people thing. But, I only have the circumstances that I and many other vets experienced during that time. I have an anger that has never gone away or even lessened. I will be the first to admit that I should let it go and stop being angry. But, the changes to my physical and mental state are everlasting. And therefore, hard to forget.

It is good to see that things have gotten better. But as you and Iffy eluded to, it's still not even close to what it should be.

wendallb

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 21, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    wendallbphoto.com
    You know, that's the thing. I can't imagine anyone in this thread saving money. Just as you order and receive that thing or things you had to get, someone posts something that really sounds good. And it's back to the shopping cart.

Self control, I spend about 30 a month vaping and I am happy as a lark..I have a PV that works for me so don't need to have the latest and greatest that may or may not work for me.

Call me Scrooge

daisygirlie

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2012
    SE Ohio
    Just a note. I'm not coordinated enough for 5 fast button clicks with these fingers. But I eventually get it. Someone with better fingers would do fine.

By the way, I'm not saying anyone should buy one or saying it's the greatest thing. I'm just sharing something I'm trying. No one is probably interested, but I thought Semiretired would because he uses Ego gear.

I think they give you 5 seconds to hit it five times, the Leo/Lea is only a three tap so it's nicer - but you only get 3 seconds. I have to repeat it a lot, lol!

You folks' storage systems are so cool and organized....I am soooooo happy the wife and I settled on one juice with the only deviation being my DIY attempts which I finally combined altogether and spiked them with enough Desert Ship to get them close to Desert Ship. I cut one of those bottles with 25% JC Tennessee Cure and it is truly fantastic; the closest I've found to a real tobacco taste. Anyhow, I outgrew our storage system over a month ago and Plan D is in the works.

It's sad to read of all my new friends here that are suffering through health problems and you're in our thoughts and prayers. I feel a sense of guilt that I'm considerably older than some of you and though I've really abused my body I'm in great shape. All that's currently on my plate are left foot neuropathy, high triglycerides, and essential tremors; the last one is really aggravating as it requires an extreme act of will to write anywhere near legibly. I'm waiting on a neurology appointment. However, considering my past I expect something serious to come along any day and I won't be shocked.

Don't know if I've mentioned this, but Colin has a VP shunt - he's got hydrocephalus. We've had a royal B--- of a time finding him a Dr who isn't either confused by all his tubing (he's had 20+ surgeries from head to stomach) or one who isn't a total jerk - and he's having problems right now. He was suffering terrible headaches, all the time for the first 2 years he was here with me, as well as in Alaska. I finally asked our family Dr to try him on Topomax (migraine preventative) and after 3 months and a few side effects that went away - so did the headaches. The problem we have now, is that the shunt is moving around...this shouldn't happen. We are *finally* going to get him a referral to the Cleveland Clinc. They do extensive shunt work on both children and adults - and our Dr is going to move earth to get us to the Dr we were recommended to by a good friend of Colin's who went down there for years from Michigan. It's going to take a while to get the referral - but our Dr said he WILL get it. Megan, Colin's friend, said she's also going to contact the Hydro Dr because he was hers for so long, he'll listen to her. So at least we have a two pronged attack/attempt. Colin has some neuro issues from the hydro - his hands shake, he couldn't tie his own shoes till he was 18, and he can't tell left from right most times - but we persevere! He takes care of me & the house - I take care of him :) I can understand, trust me, how hard it can be to find the right neurologist and/or neurosurgeon!

I'm dying to get/find a memory card for my phone so I can take pictures of all my pretty babies! I bought the stupid card months ago. But, the directions on the package made it sound so complicated that I put it away to do later. Guess what? I can't find it anywhere!

I should have done what my daughter said, just put the darn card in and don't worry about it. But, unfortunately, I tend to read directions and make things overly complicated.

I once went 10 years without cutting or trimming my hair (I overreacted to my grandmother cutting it really, really short one time.). I never measured it. But, it was just shy of my knees when I finally cut it.

My son was allergic to disposable diapers (There weren't very many kinds to choose from back in those days.). So, I was having to rinse out cloth diapers in the toilet. I was always braiding my hair, wrapping it around my neck, and stuffing it down my shirt to get it out of the way.

It got to be just habit. I still find my hair braided sometimes with no memory of having done it.

Isn't it wonderful to be free!

My brain can't handle a multi-quote on this post so in order:

For your cellphone, you need to find a micro sd card with an adapter. They're everywhere. There are some good ones cheap on Amazon, or if you're afraid to find your own do this: Go to Radio Shack. I hate their prices, but they know their phone stuff. They'll know how much memory your phone can take on a micro sd and they'll tell you exactly what to buy. At that point, if they're having a sale - buy what they recommend. If they don't - whip out the old maiden in distress and have them write down exactly what you need and say you need to talk to someone else before buying anything - then go to Amazon, lol! There will be a slot (sometimes in the side, sometimes in the battery compartment) where you put it - luckily the RS folks will show you exactly where! Tadaa! You put your lil card in the phone, and when you're ready to put the photos on your computer, you simply slip it into the adapter, which simply looks like a normal SD card, and put it in the slot in your computer. Unless your computer is over 5-6 years old, you'll have an SD slot :) If you have problems with that - PM me - I'll find it for you once I know what computer you're using!

The hair - We didn't get it measured yet because I only got 4 hours of sleep and then we ran a million errands and I crashed for like 18 hours, which is why everyone got a respite from my rambling yesterday! I'm wanting to reach what's called "classic length" in the world of long hair boards (yep, I belong to a long hair forum!) and that's basically tush length. I'm probably rebelling from the time my mom said I was getting a trim - and had ALL my hair cut off...I looked like a boy and swore I'd never have short hair again. Of course things changed and so did the length, but for 5 years now I've been working at this. I've had some major cuts due to splits (I had a foot cut off in 2008) and since then it's been just growing it out, and then that last cut in 2/09. I'm ready to lose about 4 inches if I have to - but no more! It's getting to the point that I have to consciously move it too - and I find it in a bun when I wake up some mornings - or as you said, braided with no recollection because it's such habit, lol! I think the buns happen because I don't need a pin or band or anything to keep a bun rock solidly in place on my head - it's simply due to the length, lol!

I got it last September and couldn't remember what I got. My wife says I have A, B, and D (prescription plan). What surprised me is - there is something money can't buy - private insurance if your 65+. Once you hit 65 the only game in town is medicare. in my naive mind, I thought if you had enough money you could buy something besides medicare. Nope - no insurance carriers sell any plan besides medicare to old folks. Not that I'm a well-off retired person that could afford it - it was just an eye opener.

My only advice is if you regularly take meds, make sure they are covered by the plan you take. Not all meds are covered for us old folks. The government excludes certain classes of meds/drugs from being covered, like my anti-anxiety meds. I guess old folks aren't allowed to have anxiety.

Couple things here: Check out United HealthCare - I had UHC for years and they were great, and a lot of seniors seem to like their plans and they're supported by AARP if that is a recommendation that you respect.

If you find yourself needing a medication you can't afford, even with your Part D, etc. go to pparx.org and fill out the forms. They'll help out with medications even if you have insurance, but can't afford it - most people don't know that!

Sams Club Plus members get 40% off any generic that isn't in their $4/10 programs. It saves me at least $30 over my "ohiosbestrx" prescription card prices, which are usually pretty amazing on just *1* medication. The $100 vs $40 membership pays for itself! And, the pharamcists will always check multiple prices if they think their price will be better. I've never experienced better pharmacy staff than at my Sams Club! They also handle regular scrips if you aren't using expressscrips (which is what my parents use). Their prices are going to be the same as Walmart, unless you do the Plus plan. I never thought I'd plug a store or something that costs more money, but it's saved us hundreds in the last 2 years!

I used Medicare a couple of times but I normally use the VA being as we have a local clinic that has everything except hopital beds. The VA has really improved their care for vets the last few years. We can now get glasses and hearing aids too. I went in for an eye exam yesterday and it was the most thorough exam I've ever had. It will take a couple of months to get them but I will get them. They are way behind because it is a new benefit and they are really overwhelmed right now. Great and friendly people at the VA too. I like to go down just to BS with the oldtimers.

My psychiatrist just left to work at the VA. We have a local VA hospital - big one - and he was Air Force but didn't stay in the full time. Working at the VA will assure his pension and he loves working out there - but dang I miss him!! The vets out there that need some mental help will love him, so I'm glad that it's a two way thing where he'll be happy and so will his patients :)

I gained some insight into how doctors and hospitals are scamming Medicare.

I got that eye-opener when I was told a knee brace I needed was $800 bucks and that I'd better have the money for it or they weren't going to let me have it - it was paid for by the hospital itself, though, because I fell on their watch in the hospital (a step up that I wasn't warned about = floor splat)

I looked up the same brace online? It costs $85 retail. Even less on ebay. When I questioned the cost at the Dr's office, the in house company that handles their bracing services said, "it's because that's what medicare negotiated to pay us for them." I nearly fell over! 10x the cost, because that's what medicare will pay - I'm starting to lose hope that there will be medicare when I'm old enough!

Thank you for your service Iffy. I get upset every time I see the ads for Wounded Warrior. They should be the very first to get ALL the care they need from our gov. No questions asked. My husband spent more time than he cares to talk about over there and my brother is suffering to this day from the time he spent there. At least they are finally sorta admitting that agent orange did effect our boys during that time.

Here's the part of the post where I have to say something, because I carry a huge weight on my shoulders about it and it's hard for me to talk about.

My grandfather helped develop and implement Agent Orange. He died of brain cancer - it got him too. Every time I meet someone who's been hurt by it, I feel bad...I can't help it. But grandpa always said they had no idea it would do what it did, in the end. They never thought it would have the impact it did. I'm sure somewhere in the studies, people knew about it, but as they wanted to keep the development going - they didn't tell the scientists.

I know I didn't have to share that, but I feel worse when I don't. I understand the impact that it's had on many of your lives, as well as mine, and if my disclosure of this impacts your desire to have anything to do with me, I'm OK with that - I get it.

daisy

Last edited:

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Texas
    PurpleParallel, I have only vaped RY4 at 18mg. Now you have me wondering what it's like at a lower strength. I think in my next order I might have to throw a pack of lower strength RY4 cartos in my cart. What strength do you use?

It's just not been my day where computers are concerned. Went to work, was all caught up, so thought I'd drop in on ECF and our fun-bunch! Welllll, I didn't have my laptop with me, so I had to use the court's. Nothing but problems connecting to the net. Gave up. Got off at 5, came home, hit the power button on this one (my gamer), let the dog out, came back to find "Your computer was unable to start". :( Thing couldn't repair itself and shut down. Restarted it and ... no problemo! Good grief. Oh, well. I'm here n.o.w.!!! And I'll sick my resident techy (aka my daughter) on it when she comes home. :)

To answer your question, Bluesman: I have 18 and 12. I don't know ... maybe it's just me and my weirdness ... but the flavor in the 12 seems more pronounced than in the 18. Could be just a diff in the carts, but I doubt it. SI seems like a pretty good company with good QC. What the heck, trying it out is what? less than $10, right? LOL When in doubt ... ORDER ORDER ORDER. LOL That's my motto or seems to be getting to be my motto at a fast clip. (I've been smacking my own hands to stop from surfing over to ProVape. :blush:

On a totally unrelated note: A truly heartfelt thank you to all of the vets on this board for your service. My dad had it tough enough (he's was Pacific Theater, WWII); but I think if he was here, he'd say he feels the guys from VN (my generation - lost a cousin/classmate over there) had it worse in many ways. Especially psychologically. Hang in there.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    I'm going crazy! My vv mod broke. I have two 3.7 batteries that are old, and the charge doesn't last long. Waiting for Eric from Discount Vapers to send me a replacement for a mod I got that was D.O.A.

I think because I am using the 1.25 ohm dual coil cartos, I need a lower mg. nic. Not sure why, but 6 mg. is plenty for me.

My daughter's friend was over today with HIS mod! I tried his - he had a V2, whatever that is, a skinny automatic. He had Cowboy cartos in it. Very tasty :)

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Texas
    As to Medicare: I'm on it. Have A & B (I was automatically enrolled at age 65 because I've been drawing my late husband's SS since I turned 60. He died at age 52, so he never drew a dime of what he'd paid in since age 16).

I recently (just before the 6 month guaranteed acceptance end-date) took out a supplemental with Mutual of Omaha. Medicare A is free of course. Medicare B costs me $115/mo.

Supplemental plans offered by any company anywhere MUST offer the same thing. In other words: Any plan labeled "G" must offer the same benefits as any other insurance company's plan labeled "G"; the same thing with all supplemental plans. Mine runs about $120 a month. Personally, I think it just depends on what you already have wrong with ya, for one thing. And whether you can actually afford it is another. The primary difference in Plan F from __________ company and Plan F from some other company is price.

I got lucky. What went wrong (and I've been phenomenally healthy all my life) happened right after Medicare kicked in. I hadn't had health ins. in years because my employers didn't offer it and I couldn't afford to buy it privately. I purchased the supplemental because it's highly likely I'll be in the hospital pretty often and the chance of blood transfusions is high, too. (I have a pretty rare blood-related disorder called "Cold Agglutin Disease"). The supplemental pays my hospital stay deductible and also the blood deductible. Danged blood costs more than the hospital stay unless you can get people to donate to replace it.

Then you can get off into the other "private insurance" that you can get instead of Medicare A/B, but it has to offer at least what regular Medicare does ... and I think you may be able to get extras on that kind. But, it's sort of like an HMO, as best I understand it. You don't get to choose your doctor, necessarily. Well, you don't with Medicare, either ... because not all of them will accept Medicare. I'm very fortunate. My primary care physician does and so does my specialist (who is as good as it gets for my problem in this part of the world).

Honestly? If I had questions and a few months yet to go before My Medicare Birthday .... I'd call Medicare up and ask as many questions as I had. You should be getting a booklet in the mail called "Medicare and You" (I think that was the name of it)... it answers a lot of questions. I think it may be downloadable from medicare.gov, too.

Then, if I was still unsure of what I wanted, I'd get a consultant to help explain it and guide me toward what I need and what I can afford. (It's usually a balancing act, isn't it?)

Good luck!

Last edited:

Bluesman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2012
    PA USA
    Wendallb, you're not a scrooge. You are the smart one of this bunch.

PP, I'm going to throw a 12mg box of RY4 in my cart next time. I may very well like it as well.

Sandy, over a year ago, a friend decided to quit smoking and he bought a V2 kit with Cowboy cartos. To this day he still uses a V2 with Cowboy cartos and never even tried anything else. He's not smoking cigarettes and he's happy with what he has.

Are you PV-less? Chicago should go into a state of emergency if you are.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern Michigan
    "I've been smacking my own hands to stop from surfing over to ProVape. "

LOL....I've been there a dozen times and filled the shopping cart. My current justification is that I'm waiting for the blue LED to come back. (then the devil on my shoulder tells me the red LED is nice too). I think the biggest thing stopping me is I can't decide if I want the V2 or the Mini.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern Michigan
    As to Medicare: I'm on it. Have A & B (I was automatically enrolled at age 65 because I've been drawing my late husband's SS since I turned 60. He died at age 52, so he never drew a dime of what he'd paid in since age 16).

I recently (just before the 6 month guaranteed acceptance end-date) took out a supplemental with Mutual of Omaha. Medicare A is free of course. Medicare B costs me $115/mo.

Supplemental plans offered by any company anywhere MUST offer the same thing. In other words: Any plan labeled "G" must offer the same benefits as any other insurance company's plan labeled "G"; the same thing with all supplemental plans. Mine runs about $120 a month. Personally, I think it just depends on what you already have wrong with ya, for one thing. And whether you can actually afford it is another. The primary difference in Plan F from __________ company and Plan F from some other company is price.

I got lucky. What went wrong (and I've been phenomenally healthy all my life) happened right after Medicare kicked in. I hadn't had health ins. in years because my employers didn't offer it and I couldn't afford to buy it privately. I purchased the supplemental because it's highly likely I'll be in the hospital pretty often and the chance of blood transfusions is high, too. (I have a pretty rare blood-related disorder called "Cold Agglutin Disease"). The supplemental pays my hospital stay deductible and also the blood deductible. Danged blood costs more than the hospital stay unless you can get people to donate to replace it.

Then you can get off into the other "private insurance" that you can get instead of Medicare A/B, but it has to offer at least what regular Medicare does ... and I think you may be able to get extras on that kind. But, it's sort of like an HMO, as best I understand it. You don't get to choose your doctor, necessarily. Well, you don't with Medicare, either ... because not all of them will accept Medicare. I'm very fortunate. My primary care physician does and so does my specialist (who is as good as it gets for my problem in this part of the world).

Honestly? If I had questions and a few months yet to go before My Medicare Birthday .... I'd call Medicare up and ask as many questions as I had. You should be getting a booklet in the mail called "Medicare and You" (I think that was the name of it)... it answers a lot of questions. I think it may be downloadable from medicare.gov, too.

Then, if I was still unsure of what I wanted, I'd get a consultant to help explain it and guide me toward what I need and what I can afford. (It's usually a balancing act, isn't it?)

Good luck!

Now I'm really confused....LOL. I know A is the free part, and thought the only other thing was B...which costs => $100, and is supposed to cover the stuff A doesn't pay. F??? I never heard of F.

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Texas
    "I've been smacking my own hands to stop from surfing over to ProVape. "

LOL....I've been there a dozen times and filled the shopping cart. My current justification is that I'm waiting for the blue LED to come back. (then the devil on my shoulder tells me the red LED is nice too). I think the biggest thing stopping me is I can't decide if I want the V2 or the Mini.

Have you been peeking into my head, Hd???? ROFL ... good-gosh-gertrude, you just described my exact experience. I'm worried that my indecision will cause me to bust-the-budget big time because eventually I could have one of my (not nearly rare enough) "what the hell" moments and buy 'em both. Noooooooooo!, cries my checkbook. :laugh:

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Texas
    Now I'm really confused....LOL. I know A is the free part, and thought the only other thing was B...which costs => $100, and is supposed to cover the stuff A doesn't pay. F??? I never heard of F.

You're correct and I'm a foregetful ol' heifer. LOL Medicare B cost $115 LAST YEAR; this year it is less than $100 ($97 something, I think, without having to go look).

F & G (and some others) are the designations put on "Medicare Supplemental Plans". You don't get these through the government, but through individual insurance companies. (Although, the government DOES tell the insurance companies exactly what must be offered in each designated plan). These "supplemental plans" are just what it sounds like from the name: they supplement what Medicare doesn't pay in many cases.

Like, for instance: Let's say you have your Medicare A (which covers stuff like hospital stays). You go into the hospital on Jan 1 and are released on Jan 5. There's a deductible for the hospital stay which Medicare does not cover & that you have to pay.(it's about $1140 I think). Well, ok ... if you have a supplemental plan (which should pay this deductible so you don't have to!) ... and your supplemental plan costs $120/mo., you'd be losing money, right? ($120/mo X 12mo = $1440/yr .... AND $1440 - $1140 = $300 you spent more than the hospital deductible, right?)

The thing is, you won't owe another hospital deductible that year so long as your next hospital stay has an admission date within 60 days of the release date of your last hospital stay. If you were released from the hospital on Jan 5 and you get admitted again on, let's say, May 1 ... you have another $1140 deductible. At that point, having that supplemental plan is a pretty good deal.

There's lots of other stuff (like my blood tranfusions, which cost me something like $1500 last November for 3 units; medicare doesn't pay for the first 3 units in any given year) that a supplemental will pay.

I know ... it's awfully complicated, in a lot of ways. I remember when my mom was on medicare back in the 80s and 90s and I took care of a lot of her paperwork ... lordy, it was sooooo much simpler than it is now.

Here's a good place to start (and you have to do a lot of looking to find what all is there, but they do have downloads of nearly everything you could get in the mail):
    Medicare.gov

And the closer you get, the more companies will be send you "Please do business with us" information on supplemental plans. They actually explain it pretty well, too.

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia
    I am with Wendalb... I have my 78's from SI and I have a couple of 650mah batts - one from SI and two 510 Joye's. Basically, it is like having 3 different vapes with the same juice. The Joye at 3.3v is the coolest vape and is the best with my coffee vapes. The 78's are good with the coffee, but the nic level needs to be lower, which is a good thing, but then I vape more so maybe it is not better and the 650mah SI with the clearomizers does not agree with the coffee flavors, but is fantastic tobacco and fruity flavors.

So as I play with these I grab which ever battery goes best with what ever I feel like vaping - kind of cool situation. If I vape the same flavor on each batt it taste different on each one. Each brings out different parts of the flavors. I am assuming it is due to the volts and the heat being produced with the resistance levels. More experimenting to do, but this could make DIY more challenging and I like it simple or I get used to flavors changing all the time...

I have learned one thing for sure, at least for me, the higher voltages require a lower nic or I get an overload or I vape less - hmmmm...

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia
    I too, use the VA, but only for my disabilities. If I have a cold etc. I go to my regular doc (shorter lines and that is just the right thing to do - at least for me)... Some in the VA system are great to deal with, but others are difficult. The more you know about the system the better it works and that is a lot to learn...

Tiny

ECF Veteran
    Mar 24, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Self control, I spend about 30 a month vaping and I am happy as a lark..I have a PV that works for me so don't need to have the latest and greatest that may or may not work for me.

I hope I get to that point, my PV has gotten me this far but it doesn't seem like a long term solution. Hoping my new one will be a permanent solution (and that it gets here soon).

I think I may have found a nice combination of juices. I bought some RY4 a couple of weeks ago from a local Brick and Mortar and didn't care for it, I would add a couple of drops to carto once in a while to give a different flavor a bit of a kick. This morning I mixed a healthy portion of it with some caramel and vanilla put it in a carto and added a drop of cherry, I haven't been able to put it down all day. It's really terrific, nice TH, a rich flavor, and a good vapor cloud. I guess I found the value of steeping a juice for a while.

Tiny

ECF Veteran
    Mar 24, 2012
    Wisconsin
    To all you Vets, you have my admiration and respect. I was never in the service, so there is no way I could imagine what you guys went through in places like Viet Nam.

The U.S. is a great country but it's not perfect, how vets returning from the war were treated by the public and the government is an embarrassment and you deserved better. It's nice to see that they are trying to improve VA centers, but it seems to me to be to little too late. I hope you can find some peace.

Take Care.

Gadd

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2010
    ARKANSAS
    Discussion of and comments about the killing and maiming of animals is upsetting to me. I did not start this thread nor do I continue to contribute to this thread for that reason. If that is the path of this thread, I am out of here. I will politely ask those who are making those posts to go start another thread for those discussions. I do not own this thread or this forum so I pose it as a request.
    If I offended, I apologize. I do not apologize for being a hunter. That is who I am and what I do. I do agree that this is not the proper venue for hunting posts even though many other posts (off topic) flow freely. In the spirit of peace I will refrain from further comments concerning my hunting activities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread