Older Folks and Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

williegntx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
Central Texas
MissMcVayp...About the big tanks vs small tanks; like someone else said...the SIZE of the tank is not the issue, it's more to do with the resistance of the coil. Low res. coils heat faster and will drain your battery quicker. There are some advantages to low res. coils...my preference, BTW, other than the disadvantage of draining the battery quicker. The key is to have enough battery/ies to get you thru the day. :)

Just trying to be helpful. :toast:

williegntx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
Central Texas
Well, you can find guaranteed pure 100% cotton in Texas. However, in Wisconsin, I can't just go out to a nearby field and get some. Now, if you want cranberries------

Cotton, organic, steril, etc. it's still cotton. :D Cranberries...yall make those up yonder? :confused:

Hope you can/will rebuild your own coils and get away from the silica. :)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Well, you can find guaranteed pure 100% cotton in Texas. However, in Wisconsin, I can't just go out to a nearby field and get some. Now, if you want cranberries------

Ya'll got organic/free range sheep up yonder (aka eco-wool), don't ya? Just kiddin'...

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I liked the top coils until the EVOD showed up then went on to the ProTanks, Aspires and waiting for the Nautilus to arrive (probably another month).

Sounds like me during the first 5 months of my "vaping adventures"...always on the search for the next, best clearomizer.

Then a month ago I decided to try a cartotank from IBTanked. It was everything I was looking for (but didn't even realize it).

Now I've given up following the Aspire and Nautilus threads, thinking about rebuilding heads, etc.etc.etc.

[Someone (this thread I think) said cartotanks are hard to learn and maintain. I knew nothing about cartotanks but the instructions IBTanked included explained everything. Best 35 guacamoles (cartotank + 5 cartos + Refilling Drip Tip) I ever spent!!!]

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Though for a second opinion on cartos, I tried them, I did understand the directions, I watched the videos. I still don't like them. I do find them harder to fill and fussy, and I don't think that the flavor is any better. So it may be worth trying, but there are people who just find clearomizers better. It's another case of individual preference.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Ya'll got organic/free range sheep up yonder (aka eco-wool), don't ya? Just kiddin'...
We got plenty of organic farms in this area, but they just haven't gotten cotten to grow. As for organic wool, I will pass on that. :facepalm: I'll get some drug store cotton in lieu of ekowool.

$35 for a cartotank? NO!! I like rotating my 24 flavors in cheap clearos, thank you anyway.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
It was everything I was looking for (but didn't even realize it).

Seriously, I've tried all too many devices in my quest (list too long to list). I still go back to da dance partner dat tripped my heart/t-buds (carto-tanks)!
banana_zpse29ccfa0.gif

ETA: OK, off to get a front row in da renovated porches!

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

OK - I've just worked out the closing time of the old threads. They will be closed on Saturday. If there's anything you want to search for and move to the new threads do it before Saturday.

Please make any new posts to the new threads even though the old ones will remain open for 2 more days.

If you want to move a post from old to new thread - here's a tip.

Find the post
Do a reply-with-quote
Copy the text in the dialogue box including the [Quote ] ..... [/Quote ] markers
Paste it all to the new post in the new thread

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
A quick copy/paste tip for those who might not know:

Once you have the to-be-quoted text in the "repy" box, make sure the blinking cursor is in the box, then hold "Ctrl" and hit the "a" key. This will select all text in the box.

Still holding the "Ctrl" key and tap the "c" key. This will copy all selected text to the clipboard.

Go to where you want to paste, click in the box, hold "Ctrl" key and tap the "v" key. This will paste the clipboard text into the new box.

To me, this is quicker and easier than using the mouse.

Now I'm off to check out the new thread!

Dibs on the rocker with the squeak... I like a little rhythm with my vape, relaxes me. :D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
And, if you wait too long and the thread is already closed, just select and copy the text you want.

Then paste it in the other thread, select it again, and use the little quote cloud to the far right on the bar above the post you're editing. That will put it in a quote bubble for you.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
And, if you wait too long and the thread is already closed, just select and copy the text you want.

Then paste it in the other thread, select it again, and use the little quote cloud to the far right on the bar above the post you're editing. That will put it in a quote bubble for you.

Whoa! Never knew that! I've been here for over 2 years. OK Mike, stop laughing, I know I'm technology challenged, but that's so simple. Thanks DH.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Janet Said:
Whoa! Never knew that! I've been here for over 2 years. OK Mike, stop laughing, I know I'm technology challenged, but that's so simple. Thanks DH.

Mike Said:
No laughing here - I never knew about that little bubble 'thingie' either.

LOL You two!! :facepalm: There are times when I really wonder if you are as bright as I first thought!!!

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I'm going to break the related to vaping rule now. I just saw a news story about another chimney fire nearby where the family ended up having to jump out of the second floor windows to escape, and they wouldn't have had that opportunity if one of them hadn't had to go to the bathroom and seen the smoke. So, a brief public service announcement:

CHECK YOUR SMOKE ALARMS NOW!!

We had good working smoke alarms, and we, the fire department, the insurance company, and our friends and families are very glad that we did.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread