Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Good afternoon and welcome to the weekend. I hope everyone is doing okay and it is so wonderful seeing some new faces. I have a question about cotton. I have been using the same package of Koh Gen Do that I bought at least 4 years ago. Out of a pack of 80 sheets I have 22 sheets left. Does anyone know of a brand of cotton, where I don't have to remove the top and bottom off of the sheets to use for wicking my coils? I'm having a bit of a problem peeling off the sheets. My fat fingers are not as nimble as they used to be. Stay safe and well.

Er, uh, no. Rayon. :)

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I really like cotn threads. Their like shoe laces but made for vaping. Works perfect in a 3 mm id coil. My hands shake and fingers have a mind of their own. I saw some on Amazon.
I noticed there are some Cotn Lace 2.5mm. I will have to think about these and see if I can find more opinions/reviews. It isn't anything I need to rush into at this time. I couldn't find anything on Amazon.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Someday I'm going to leave that top and bottom layer on and see if I even notice a difference.
    I’ve thought of that but haven’t done it. I got a big bag of cotton squares directly from Japan years ago. Still have plenty.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I noticed there are some Cotn Lace 2.5mm. I will have to think about these and see if I can find more opinions/reviews. It isn't anything I need to rush into at this time. I couldn't find anything on Amazon.

Fuzion cotton is my favorite for good pure flavor, a most excellent cotton! Blows JOC and KGD out of the water.

Armageddon Mods used to carry it but they stopped now. Still a U.S. site or two you can buy it from but none I've done business with so I can't exactly recommend a site, but maybe if you look it up there'll be one you know...

If you can get your hands on some though it's totally worth it in my honest opinion. Especially if your a flavor chaser.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Good afternoon and welcome to the weekend. I hope everyone is doing okay and it is so wonderful seeing some new faces. I have a question about cotton. I have been using the same package of Koh Gen Do that I bought at least 4 years ago. Out of a pack of 80 sheets I have 22 sheets left. Does anyone know of a brand of cotton, where I don't have to remove the top and bottom off of the sheets to use for wicking my coils? I'm having a bit of a problem peeling off the sheets. My fat fingers are not as nimble as they used to be. Stay safe and well.
    I have a bad habit of burning through cotton. So, I use rayon.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR

I've used cotton pads for years. But in 2019, Mount Baker Vaper had a clearance sale and I bought tons of boxes of shoelace cotton. I'd never tried it before, but love them. They make wicking really easy. You just have to make sure to get the size of the coils you use.

Here's a bunch of the shoelace cotton on Amazon:
    Amazon.com : shoelace cotton wick

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I don't take the top and bottom layer off when I use KGD. I just pull it apart into 2 pieces, cut what I need, and go.
    So you split it in half horizontally, leaving each half with an outer layer intact? (Sorry to be dense. My brain isn't working right today.)

Reactions: MikeE3
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread