Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekc57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Oregon
Wow this has a lot more open draw. and puts out lots of vapor. No problems so far will turn it up soon. I like vaping around 8.2-8.4 Not a high power vapor. Have to go to town for a few will give you a report later. I take it these don't work on vacuum where you close the air slightly to get more juice right the juice is gravity fed. Right?
You shouldn't need more juice. The new design delivers plenty if the wick is right and it sounds like you have it working for you!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
The P3 ohm cut off is .7 I beleive.

It is. I've found that higher resistance seems to provide more flavor, though ... And I'm not terribly interested in clouds (except when I'm sitting on the back porch, looking at them!). So probably, something in the 1.8 - 2.0 range is what I'm thinking. Safer!

I think it will be here on Weds or Thurs. Perhaps I'll head over to my local vape store for the first build :)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Has anyone been having problems with ECF not taking you to the correct place when going to the first unread post?

This has been happening to me off and on for a few days. It'll take me to the middle of a post instead of the beginning. And, sometimes I'll see a post quoted that I hadn't seen before. So, I'll have to go back several post to find the spot that was REALLY the first unread post.

mekc57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Oregon
It is. I've found that higher resistance seems to provide more flavor, though ... And I'm not terribly interested in clouds (except when I'm sitting on the back porch, looking at them!). So probably, something in the 1.8 - 2.0 range is what I'm thinking. Safer!

I think it will be here on Weds or Thurs. Perhaps I'll head over to my local vape store for the first build :)
Provape is very into safety and the built in limits won't let you get into unsafe zones. It's the mech mods where most of the problems happen! Anywhere between 1.5 and 2 ohms are good to go.

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
Provape is very into safety and the built in limits won't let you get into unsafe zones. It's the mech mods where most of the problems happen! Anywhere between 1.5 and 2 ohms are good to go.

I think you meant, "It's between some people's ears where most of the problems happen." I was just reading a post yesterday by a guy who has been on here for several months who was talking about what a great vape he was getting at .1 Ohms. He should definitely know better than that. There's no amount of quality engineering that can combat that type of willful ignorance. (Getting back off my soapbox, now).

holimakaru

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
And you slept in today of all days. :ohmy:

Yup, checked back in to see who won and had to read 10+ pages vil-rigole.gif
Congrats to the winners!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Here’s some of the headlines today.

Study offers support for the notion of e-cigarettes as a gateway drug

Worst Fears About Teen E-Cigarette Use Justified, New Data Suggest

E-cigarette use by Hawaii teens is nearly triple the national average

E-Cigarettes Are 'Gateway Drug' For Teens, New Study Suggests

E-Cigarettes May Lure Teens into Traditional Smoking

E-Cigarettes: Teens Are Major Market

Here’s what really happened.

E-cigarette use by Hawaii teens is nearly triple the national average ( :lol: ) Mnoa: E-cigarette use by Hawaii teens is nearly triple the national average | University of Hawaii News

Has anyone been having problems with ECF not taking you to the correct place when going to the first unread post?

This has been happening to me off and on for a few days. It'll take me to the middle of a post instead of the beginning. And, sometimes I'll see a post quoted that I hadn't seen before. So, I'll have to go back several post to find the spot that was REALLY the first unread post.

The site has been doing really weird stuff, including crashing on me for 20 minutes or so today. It's latest thing is to take me to the middle of a page. If you look at the quote in this post, you will see a blue square with two arrow-type thingies in it. Click on that and it will take you to the quoted post.

Now El Whacko is taking me for a walk before the heavens open up again. :)

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas

Here’s what really happened.

E-cigarette use by Hawaii teens is nearly triple the national average ( :lol: ) Mnoa: E-cigarette use by Hawaii teens is nearly triple the national average | University of Hawaii News

The site has been doing really weird stuff, including crashing on me for 20 minutes or so today. It's latest thing is to take me to the middle of a page. If you look at the quote in this post, you will see a blue square with two arrow-type thingies in it. Click on that and it will take you to the quoted post.

Now El Whacko is taking me for a walk before the heavens open up again. :)
Copulating bovine feces

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Thanks for the uplifting news. I'll turn on the TV news, thanks, if I need cheering up. :D

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Warning - caution - notice - whatever :facepalm:

I'm off to the construction site to put up our new porch. I'll be back here to post a link when the paint on the steps is dry.

I'll ask Classy to close this one tomorrow morning. That should give time for any of you that want to 'move' a post(s) from here to the new porch.

When I link to the new post I encourage you to start using it for new topics. Also I think it would be fun to search up your intro post here and repost it on the front porch.

Anyway - off to work I go.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
It is excellent news, but no one will listen. This was the sensational (and very tragic) story a couple of days ago. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-after-drinking-liquid-nicotine-9924229.html From the article:

Reported incidents of exposure to liquid nicotine have risen in the US from 271 in 2011 to 3,638 this year to 30 November. In a statement released on Friday, the American Association of Poison Control centers expressed concern that there are “currently no standards set in place that require child-proof packaging”.

But no one pays attention to this Laundry detergent pods are 'real risk' to poison kids - CNN.com And from this:

In the period of about a year, 17,230 children under the age of 6 have been accidentally poisoned by the packets, according to a new study in the journal Pediatrics. That's about one child every hour between March 2012 and April 2013. Of those cases, 4.4% of the children were hospitalized, and 7.5% experienced a "moderate or major medical outcome."

Yet today we’re back to the same old …. E-Cigs Appeal to Teens Who Otherwise Wouldn't Smoke, Study Says No mention if they are even using nic or not.

Anybody seen politicians, or anyone else, up in arms about laundry soap?

Should I break the links?

People have to be careful about "studies" and statistics, like what specific questions are asked and the choices for answers and how many people are asked etc. There was one report awhile ago about the huge number of calls coming into the poison control centers related to vaping juices. The total number of calls was included even if there was no problem, just concerns about possible problems. The statistics make it seem like 1/2 the kids in the U.S. were trying to drink the stuff. And along with the reports, there is no context. Sure kids could try to drink it (or eat cigarettes) if people leave it laying around, but they're also known to try to drink cotton candy or mango flavored vodka, or cleaning supplies, or medications.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
OMG!! (No, not you, 0mg ;) )

This part especially noteworthy:

“This study demonstrates exactly why e-cigarettes and vapor products have become so popular among smokers looking to quit. For smokers looking to quit, vaping is undeniably a viable option. Additionally, research continues to show that vaping is especially helpful for smokers who have tried and failed to quit multiple times with government-approved methods like the nicotine patch, gum, and lozenge. Genuine public health advocates should cheer this new study.

“We remain very concerned that the public health benefits of vaping could be squashed by improper and excessive FDA regulation. If approved, the FDA’s proposed deeming regulation would act as a de facto ban on over 99% of e-cigarette products currently available on the market. Dramatically decreasing product variety will hinder, not help, the FDA’s goal of reducing tobacco-related disease and death.

We continue to call on House and Senate leadership to introduce a bill in 2015 that would substantially alter the FDA’s authority over e-cigarette products already on the market.

Unfortunately, that quote is from the American Vaping Association. I did get through to the abstract for the actual study, so I have something to send the ND Quits folks this month. I try to confuse them with facts every month or so.:D

mekc57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Oregon
Well Mek we must've done this right. I'm not up to my regular power yet but that is how I break them in I'm down a half a tank not a dry hit in the batch. I took an extra with me just in case but no need. Vapin like a wild man.
I'm glad your up and running in good stile! I hope I was of some help to you! Off to the new site.
Happy vaping :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread