ON SALE NOW!!! THE NEW CYCLONE EGO VORNADO 3ml Tank System with optional 3 stage dongle, VIDEO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
As I said in my previous posts, I honestly think my problem was the juice I was using, not the product itself. VG is pretty thick gluey stuff, and it does not wick like PG does, or a mix that is mostly PG vs. mostly VG.

For folks who are having trouble with dry wick taste on the Vornado, taking them apart, fluffing the wick, and gently expanding the gap in the inner tube where it meets up against the wicking helps quite a bit. Yeah, they're a bit fiddly in that regard but that's the price you pay for vaping VG in my oh so humble aunt cranky opinion ;)

The guys at GV rock. They sell great quality products, and they're still my go-to vendor now for carts. I may actually buy another Vornado at some point if I get a juice that's 50% PG - I think it would work a whole lot better.

cheers!!

JesByChance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2011
NorCal
I decided to trim down the wick, and thin it out by gently pulling out a few strands. I didn't mod the tube this time. Hits even better. It isn't even leaking, which is amazing since I broke the tabs that the ring fits into. :D

LD:

Can you explain how you did this? Did you cut the opening a bit? Do you run straight VG in them? When I run straight VG, I lose flavor after three vapes...

Is a "dry hit" like getting the vapor but it your not getting any flavor or throat hit?

Thanks

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
LD:

Can you explain how you did this? Did you cut the opening a bit? Do you run straight VG in them? When I run straight VG, I lose flavor after three vapes...

Is a "dry hit" like getting the vapor but it your not getting any flavor or throat hit?

Thanks

Actually, a "dry hit", unfortunately, does give you "flavor" (if you can call it that) - it's the most God-awful taste you can imagine, and it burns your throat like needles. Blech. It's really bad.

JesByChance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2011
NorCal
Yep, that was it...but I definitely cut it too high...maybe wider? I know I cut it too high because the atty floods and now it's leaking all over but I was expecting (but hoping it wouldn't) for it to do that. The flavor, vape, throat hit? AWESOME and consistent. Chain vaping it, everything is consistent with the flavor, vapor and throat hit, so...100% VG definitely "stifles" the vornado which needs some tweaking to get it going. I'm going to try again with another. Cut it wider but not past the top edge. First time, I just increased the notch size to make it look from /\ to / \ but a little past the top (which is where I think it's causing the flooding. The liquid is getting inside from the top. Now I'm going to try (hopefully I can do this:

/ \
| |

So more of a wider cut. Wish me luck!

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
LD:

Thanks

Jess,

Sorry for the delay. I ended up falling asleep as soon as I got home last night, and just woke up. I must have really needed sleep!

Anyway, I didn't cut the opening at all. I noticed that one side of the wick was much shorter than the other. So, I cut the longer wick to match. Then, I took a pair of tweezers, and pulled a few strands of wick out. After that, no more dry hits.

A dry hit tastes like a little juice, and lots of atomizer. It is a foul, almost burnt metallic taste.

If I can stay awake tonight, maybe I will do a video and post it for you.

LD

JesByChance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2011
NorCal
Thanks LD...and glad you got some sleep!

Jess,

Sorry for the delay. I ended up falling asleep as soon as I got home last night, and just woke up. I must have really needed sleep!

Anyway, I didn't cut the opening at all. I noticed that one side of the wick was much shorter than the other. So, I cut the longer wick to match. Then, I took a pair of tweezers, and pulled a few strands of wick out. After that, no more dry hits.

A dry hit tastes like a little juice, and lots of atomizer. It is a foul, almost burnt metallic taste.

LD

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Sleep? They say it's good... :blink:

Video would be appreciated by me as well. I've had a bit of spookage with the Vornado - afraid to break the air tube - so instructions would be great to boost my confidence. I have one Vornado going good with PG juice right now, but the second one needs a bit of work...

Jess,

LD

Christopherdav1d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Milford, CT
So I got my Vornado and Dongle in the mail today. Was DEFINITELY rough going at first. I filled one up and it immediately started to leak. I then realized it runs like a CE3 in the sense if you don't put the top mouth piece plug back on there's no air pressure building and the juice will eventually leak out. So put the plug on and it stopped. Then I put it on the Dongle....nothing happened. So I took an ATTY out and put it on the dongle...again nothing. Looking at the dongle I immediately knew why, the center pin was pushed up so flush against the unit that there was no way to make contact. So, I took a needle and pulled out the middle pin slightly. I put the carto back on and it fired. So far, it works well. I haven't gotten any dry hits, or any leaking. I notice A LOT of condensation in the middle tube, but UNLIKE the CE3 the middle tube is FAT enough that it holds the condensation well without you having to suck it into your mouth. The cord is pretty strong, and has some give in it where it connects to the dongle. It's a little short for my taste, but I have it hooked to my lap top so it's not a big deal. I am going to do a review on these, but so far it is working well after the immediate fiddle process.

EDIT: Using 70/30 juice

Last edited:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com

Christopherdav1d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Milford, CT
Will the dongle fit an Ego-C atomizer, cone, and tank ? Please advise.
The dongle appears to accommodate anything. The only thing u may need to do is pull the middle post out a little on the dongle. Sometimes it goes in to far and won't make a connection. But that's a two second fix

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I know.......I'm just really frustrated.....I hate the ego tank crap. Always flooding and the battery timing out on me. Cartoze only seem to last me a couple days before they fizzle on me. Things have come along way since I started vapeing, but still havnt found the right tank system for me yet.

Had to laugh 'cos I love my ego tank crap! Even more, I'm loving the vornado on it! Funny old world, ain't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread