ON SALE NOW!!! THE NEW CYCLONE EGO VORNADO 3ml Tank System with optional 3 stage dongle, VIDEO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
The primer is just VG, I think... I think what taste bad sometimes is stuff from the manufacturing that gets caught in the carto as it's being made. I may be wrong, of course.

I was just noticing though that I haven't had that taste in my new cartos in quite a while. I guess the manufacturing is getting cleaner...

Finally had a chance to try the dongle and vornado. Dongle is great but vornado is def not for me. Maybe I was spoiled by the stardust but the dry hits, burnt taste is enough for me to not use them. I also get oily primer taste from them which I can't imagine could be any good for you.

ckim111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2009
The primer is just VG, I think... I think what taste bad sometimes is stuff from the manufacturing that gets caught in the carto as it's being made. I may be wrong, of course.

I was just noticing though that I haven't had that taste in my new cartos in quite a while. I guess the manufacturing is getting cleaner...

I don't think it's vg though because it really tastes like mechanical oil. And that taste lingered in my mouth all night.

Mooninmyeyes

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
minnesota
a couple questions

you said you had it sitting and no leaks -i seen you had them standing up -will they leak laying down?

also does is there any leaks you get in your mouth. i love my stardust but once in a while it does leak in my mouth.

also what are you using to plug into the wall. because i found my comp is not alway comparable with pass throughs so i prefer to plug into the wall i just want to make sure i get a wall plug that is comparable -so is this on your site ?

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
Well, I've had my vornados a couple of weeks now, and I have to say I'm liking them more and more. The first couple days, I wasn't so sure about them, but then they got broken in really well and that's actually what I've been using on my ego as well as the dongle (I have a visions extreme giant on my lavatube clone). I have had no leaking whatsoever with the vornado, whether it is sitting upright, on its side, upside down, whatever. For the people saying they aren't happy with the wicking, if you haven't vaped on it for a couple days to break it in *really* well, it's worth a try. Once these things are going good, they rock.

jlinko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Ohio
I got mine 2 days ago (still on the first fill!!) and cannot WAIT until this cold goes away so I can see what the flavor is like on these. The only thing so far that I'm not crazy about is the inability to move the mouthpiece. It puts both my Ego and Riva in a wierd position for the button :( I'll live with it, but.....

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
I have to say that when these things work, they work really, really well. The one I am using now has nice pleasantly warm-ish vapor on the regular eGo. The wicking is good with 70% PG juice. Laying it down on the side between uses eliminates any minor flooding. No leaking. The taste is very good, right on par with the VEs, IMHO. The draw is fine. They look nice. I'm glad I gave these another try. :)

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
I got mine 2 days ago (still on the first fill!!) and cannot WAIT until this cold goes away so I can see what the flavor is like on these. The only thing so far that I'm not crazy about is the inability to move the mouthpiece. It puts both my Ego and Riva in a wierd position for the button :( I'll live with it, but.....

You can sorta adjust that by how much you tighten it on the batt... I leave them not very tight at all, and it ends up fairly well lined up. Keep in mind that because the inner tube is very fragile, leaving them not tight is better anyway, safer for the carto - I think Bad mentioned that in the intro...

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009

You can sorta adjust that by how much you tighten it on the batt... I leave them not very tight at all, and it ends up fairly well lined up. Keep in mind that because the inner tube is very fragile, leaving them not tight is better anyway, safer for the carto - I think Bad mentioned that in the intro...

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
not tooting the cyclone in anyway, i see some poeple dont like it and i understand but also be aware that these are bottom coiled, more wick is added so they need to be broken in, more wick means less juice gets to the coil when you first use them, it will work but doesnt rewet right away, so keep using them so that with use, the coil shrinks, the coil scruntches with also tightens the wick at the slits which in turn wll alllow them to break in and more jucie gets to the coil in a proper manner.

yes some will have issues regardless, this goes for any product, some more some less but iw ouldnt sell them if they didnt work, i cant control the QC they get until after they are used by the masses and i cant see any widespread issues until they are out there in peoples hands, this goes form batteries to cartos, there is only so many i cant test, then and only then i can take the info given by all of you and decide to have them improved or not, which if people want i can do like i have been, almost everything we sell and those same product that others have chosen to sell have been improved by me getting that done.

if someone has a really good way of improving something we sell they can tell me, ill field it and see what it does.

Last edited:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
not tooting the cyclone in anyway, i see some poeple dont like it and i understand but also be aware that these are bottom coiled, more wick is added so they need to be broken in, more wick means less juice gets to the coil when you first use them, it will work but doesnt rewet right away, so keep using them so that with use, the coil shrinks, the coil scruntches with also tightens the wick at the slits which in turn wll alllow them to break in and more jucie gets to the coil in a proper manner.

yes some will have issues regardless, this goes for any product, some more some less but iw ouldnt sell them if they didnt work, i cant control the QC they get until after they are used by the masses and i cant see any widespread issues until they are out there in peoples hands, this goes form batteries to cartos, there is only so many i cant test, then and only then i can take the info given by all of you and decide to have them improved or not, which if people want i can do like i have been, almost everything we sell and those same product that others have chosen to sell have been improved by me getting that done.

if someone has a really good way of improving something we sell they can tell me, ill field it and see what it does.

I've been thinking. What if you change the wick material, to something like the Vision's or Fluxo's use.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
i am going to give them another chance...mine leak to much, so when i place another order, im going to get one more to try. for the time that i had it going, i was very pleased with the vapor and TH. great flavor

I haven't had any leaking with mine. If you look at the top where the plugs go into the fill holes, does the plastic seal look twisted or broken in any way? I've seen some pictures of ones that were broken, and I think that is from over tightening it when you screw it in. If you twist it too far, I think that plastic seal can break.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
And, also, the inner tube can be cracked right at the bottom. It's usually a vertical crack, and you can see it if you look carefully. The crack can allow the juice to flood the coil, and then leak right out the bottom. Quickly.

That's the one and only problem with it, this inner tube. It's too fragile.

The one I am using right now has an intact inner tube, and it's really, really nice, no problems at all.

I haven't had any leaking with mine. If you look at the top where the plugs go into the fill holes, does the plastic seal look twisted or broken in any way? I've seen some pictures of ones that were broken, and I think that is from over tightening it when you screw it in. If you twist it too far, I think that plastic seal can break.

Hoosier65

Jan 13, 2012
Indiana
I'm on my second week of using these and they are getting better with each fill. I've run 4 different juices of varying consistencies and have had very little problems. As far as the tip position is concerned all I've been doing is as soon as I feel any resistence when threading it on is to continue the motion until the tip is where I want it to be, maybe another quarter turn and have had no problems. As far as leaking, I have encountered very brief leaking after refilling one and setting it down, it may leak a drop or two, I clean the inside where the threads are and the leaking usually has already stopped. Other than that, I've been using them almost exclusively with the dongle at its highest setting and also with my KGo's. Very nice warm vape from both and really can taste the flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread