Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I haven't started stockpiling anything yet besides buying juice in larger quantities. I want to wait until the last moment to purchase the mods and tanks I want if necessary. If as suggested, this doesn't really kick in for two years.. I want to be stocking up on newer equipment. I would rather not be stuck with antiquated gear during the e-cig apocalypse. ;)
First thing, states are passing laws in the meantime. One or two states already won't allow elquid to be imported into their state.

Second thing, has anyone noticed DIY wasn't mentioned? Was it because they're not worrying about that at this point? Or, is it because they have sneakier plans?

I would, above all, stock up on nic. I vape 12 mg/ml about 30 ml/wk. One liter of 100 mg/ml would last me 5 years. You can get 2 liters of 100 mg/ml for less than $100. Since nic is the most vulnerable point (for those that do use nic), it wouldn't hurt to get a 10 year supply out of the way right away.

Basically, make a list from most vulnerable to least. Then stock up on the most vulnerable first. Even if you can only buy one or two things at a time. That way, if they catch you by surprise, you have the most essential already covered.

First thing I stocked up on was nic. It's relatively cheap and available now. Wonderful for the peace of mind!

SpyderBite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Sedona, AZ
First thing, states are passing laws in the meantime. One or two states already won't allow elquid to be imported into their state.

Second thing, has anyone noticed DIY wasn't mentioned? Was it because they're not worrying about that at this point? Or, is it because they have sneakier plans?

I would, above all, stock up on nic. I vape 12 mg/ml about 30 ml/wk. One liter of 100 mg/ml would last me 5 years. You can get 2 liters of 100 mg/ml for less than $100. Since nic is the most vulnerable point (for those that do use nic), it wouldn't hurt to get a 10 year supply out of the way right away.

Basically, make a list from most vulnerable to least. Then stock up on the most vulnerable first. Even if you can only buy one or two things at a time. That way, if they catch you by surprise, you have the most essential already covered.

First thing I stocked up on was nic. It's relatively cheap and available now. Wonderful for the peace of mind!
What if D O G really spelled Cat?

Ogre - 1986

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Reactions: Jdurand

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Thats right. Stockpile NOW while you can.

Were not talking thousands of $

A good start.

3 extra mods
3 extra RDAs or RTAs
3 liters 100 mg/ml nic
500 feet Kanthal.
Flavors for ejuice.$500 will do that easily.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Wow thats controversial. Ive read articles saying its the last place to keep eliquids! whats your research?
He was referring to Nic base not finished liquids.Several people on this forum have stored base in the freezer for several years with no change at all to the base.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I hope to be at zero nic before too long. Not b/c I think there is anything wrong with it, or b/c I want to be no longer addicted. IMO, I will always be addicted to nic, whether I'm still inhaling it or not. I have 4 bottles @ 60 mil of 3.6% in freezer. One in the pantry that I'm currently working through. I've been making my juice to be 1% ml/mg for about the last 6 to 8 mo. If I had my druthers, I would stick with this small amount till death does us part. But since the news isn't so good these days, I will re-do all my recipes to .50%. I only do about 5 flavors these days. It's easier to do 5 flavors in bulk, the 10 flavors. My nic will last for some time, then I'll phase it out all together - not that I think its a health risk, mind you ! I do believe I'll pick up another Evic Mini or two. I have 4 now - a couple more would be bonus. I have several shelved mods, and rdas too. As long as VG/PG, kanthal, SS316L, and my fav flavors from TFA, CAP aren't going to be affected, I believe I may survive this vapapocolypse. I do use a couple Kanger ST a bit. I might pick up a couple more just I.C.E. They are nice to have when out and about when I don't want to take the time to drip... although enjoy dripping 100% more then tanks.

Reactions: bnrkwest

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Once i bring bottles out of the freezer they never go back in.
I store my nic in 125 ml bottles - a year+ supply for me. I take about 30 ml from a bottle and put it back in freezer. No bit deal, it will be gone in a year. Just do not open a bottle before it reaches a room temperature (to avoid condensation).

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Wow thats controversial. Ive read articles saying its the last place to keep eliquids! whats your research?

I did an experiment on a ready made 30ml bottle of my favorite liquid. I placed the bottle in the freezer (without opening, fresh from the mail) that was December 2014. I brought it out sometime around Christmas 2015. It looked exactly like a fresh bottle. I treated it like I would a fresh bottle. Took the cap off and let it breathe for a day. Capped it back up and let it age, like I do all my liquids as I get ready for them to be tapped into.

The aging process did not start until after I took that cap off. It tasted like all the other liquids that I did not freeze.

I call that a successful experiment :)

I am going to be placing a 100ml bottle in my freezer from every order.

Did I mention that this is a liquid that I vape every day, all day? Yeah, I just use one flavor. Have for a few years now. I know what it is supposed to taste like. There was no difference in flavor :thumbs:

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
I have been helping them ever since signing on ECF.

Posted plenty of messages how to get more use of their gear.

Wrote detailed reviews of the Kayfun nano, Goblin Mini. Orchid V3, Silverplay, Silverplay Nano, and others

Taught people how to rock a single coil on a dual coil RTA.

A detailed list of gear that was likely Yo be pulled off the market, and how a $500) Investment would let them vape for years

That is helping

You don't like the tough love necessary. Fine. I have the hide of a Rhino

If the FDA isnt pulled in check some gear msy go away in as little as 3 months. This may be their last chance to prepare.

I was telling them don't come crying to me when their vape or gear runs out.
Where's the list. I a one of those that never went past one box mod for going out. I love auto batteries, Iclear 16s and MOV juice. Well I don't see those lasting forever so I am ordering DIY juice stuff and I need a list for rebuild able stuff. So where's the list! I need it. Already spent a ton on what I like now I need to stockpile better things. Thank you in advance .

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I think some of us are already thinking along these lines...but really do we want liquid and its ingredients sitting two = years? technology changes in vaping all the time.. I only think stockpiling will have to wait till last minute and hope inventories will support demands.

problem is technology freezes in 90 days on 8/8/16, no new vape related anything after that is allowed into the market unless it passes FDA approval first so unless new technology happens in the next 90 days it is what it is now, period. There are also the states to consider... now that the FDA has deemed everything vape related a tobacco product they are going to move quickly to regulate and tax it as such which could include bans on internet sales and worse as some states have already done, and, there is nothing preventing the FDA from expanding regulations/restrictions in the next two years if they feel it is necessary... plus, we are already seeing some vendors price hiking..... I mean people can wait if they want to before stocking up but I think the timeline is much shorter than we think.

AKs0n-

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
New Jersey - Passaic County
I use all my mods as the mood strikes me. Putting them in an end of the world box just doesn't seem like fun!!!! :sneaky:
I disagree. I built an End of the World underground shelter for that moment and the joy I will have opening my treasure of untouched devices as The World Ends will be worth it!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I bought 18 120ml brown glass bottles to store the 2 liters of nic I have coming.. to add to what's already in the freezer. I'll add more as time goes by. I doubt I'll buy anything else with electronics.. I plan on my REOs to keep me going if it all goes south. I'll be purchasing spare parts and maybe more REOs plus extra bf attys. I have 6 kayfuns, several subtanks and a couple DIDs... which can all be used on my REOs if need be. Plus I plan to invest in more tube mechs. I'm in full vapeprepper mode but I'm trying to be smart about it.. stock piling stuff that is simple, repairable and will last for years. Plus 2 provaris that I'm hoping will really last forever ;)

I'm fortunate I got into rebuilding and diy years ago.

I did an experiment on a ready made 30ml bottle of my favorite liquid. I placed the bottle in the freezer (without opening, fresh from the mail) that was December 2014. I brought it out sometime around Christmas 2015. It looked exactly like a fresh bottle. I treated it like I would a fresh bottle. Took the cap off and let it breathe for a day. Capped it back up and let it age, like I do all my liquids as I get ready for them to be tapped into.

The aging process did not start until after I took that cap off. It tasted like all the other liquids that I did not freeze.

I call that a successful experiment :)

I am going to be placing a 100ml bottle in my freezer from every order.

Did I mention that this is a liquid that I vape every day, all day? Yeah, I just use one flavor. Have for a few years now. I know what it is supposed to taste like. There was no difference in flavor :thumbs:

What is this one flavor that you use?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I'm thinking those silicone packs, that you get inside boxes when you buy stuff, will start being saved. That should help. At least for a while I have money to buy stuff that has those things packed in there.
Oops! I ate all mine :oops:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Where's the list. I a one of those that never went past one box mod for going out. I love auto batteries, Iclear 16s and MOV juice. Well I don't see those lasting forever so I am ordering DIY juice stuff and I need a list for rebuild able stuff. So where's the list! I need it. Already spent a ton on what I like now I need to stockpile better things. Thank you in advance .

Keep your eyes open and save searches on eBay.

I found a steal. 500 feet Kanthal for $18.

Attys. You can get a Rogue RDA clo e o. EBay right now $7.99.

You can get a Silverplay Nano RTA o. Ebay right now for $12.51-15

I use a Kayfun Monster Mini V3 Atty AA my daily vape.$5.43 each at Fasttech

Save a search for eVic VTC Mini. You can get them for $40-45 each i got 3 Koopor Mini mods on eBay two months ago for $89.

Last week i got an eleaf istick Pico mod with the Melo Mini Atty on eBay for $36.

It isnt that hard. Save some searches and eBay will notify you daily on items listed in that search. When you see a hargain grab it.

The Perfumerers Apprentice, the flavors Apprentice, and High Desert Vapes sells flavors.

Keep an eye ob the DIY forum here. They will let you know when tge 100 mg/ml base is on sale.

Ive been a 0 mg/ml nic vapee since before the first of 2016

Last edited:

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
Keep your eyes open and save searches on eBay.

I found a steal. 500 feet Kanthal for $18.

Attys. You can get a Rogue RDA clo e o. EBay right now $7.99.

You can get a Silverplay Nano RTA o. Ebay right now for $12.51-15

I use a Kayfun Monster Mini V3 Atty AA my daily vape.$5.43 each at Fasttech

Save a search for eVic VTC Mini. You can get them for $40-45 each i got 3 Koopor Mini mods on eBay two months ago for $89.

Last week i got an eleaf istick Pico mod with the Melo Mini Atty on eBay for a mod and the Atty.

It isnt that hard. Save some searches and eBay will notify you daily on items listed in that search. When you see a hargain grab it.

The Perfumerers Apprentice, the flavors Apprentice, and High Desert Vapes sells flavors.

Keep an eye ob the DIY forum here. They will let you know when tge 100 mg/ml base is on sale.

Ive been a 0 mg/ml nic vapee since before the first of 2016
Thank you so much! I love ECF peeps.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
problem is technology freezes in 90 days on 8/8/16, no new vape related anything after that is allowed into the market unless it passes FDA approval first so unless new technology happens in the next 90 days it is what it is now, period. There are also the states to consider... now that the FDA has deemed everything vape related a tobacco product they are going to move quickly to regulate and tax it as such which could include bans on internet sales and worse as some states have already done, and, there is nothing preventing the FDA from expanding regulations/restrictions in the next two years if they feel it is necessary... plus, we are already seeing some vendors price hiking..... I mean people can wait if they want to before stocking up but I think the timeline is much shorter than we think.

If they are ever going to prepare NOW IS THE TIME.

you can vape unflavored eJuice. So the Cost of stockpiling goes down or buy more nicotine base.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thank you so much! I love ECF peeps.
Glad to help. Thats why i'm here.

If you only prep things likely to be pulled off the market.

Nicotine base
Mods
Attys
A few hundred feet wire
and flavors for ejuice.

Watching your pennies you can vape for years on $500.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have told about my Kayfun Monster Mini V3 RTA.

$5.43 each

5 extra tanks for $6

10 spare screws for Kayfuns. .80
3 spare barrels $1.87 if memory serves. All at Fasttech.

For about $25 you can get three attys, 6 of 7 tanks. Spare screws, and spare barrels that goes over tge build

By watching your pennies abd buying clone attys, three authentic attys like Istick Pico, eVic VTC Mini, Koopor Mini, and 500 feet Kanthal you can pick that up for $200 or less.

$100-130 will get you 3 liters nicotine. A few months ago they picked up 3 liters of 100 mg/ml base for $80 plus shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread