One Drop Flavors (brand) review amd discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I haven't had time to do any mixing really. We're having our Easter dinner today so I'll be too busy to really do much until tomorrow.

I did mix some OD Strawberry at 4% into my (pre-made, pre-steeped) Vanilla Milkshake base. It's good but 4% was just a tad weak for me so I'll try 5% next time.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Grape is the only one I have tried yet. Its a pretty realistic grape juice. Not as candied as I thought it would be. I tried it solo at 7% and in a mix (grack juice) at 4%. Think I like it better than the INW grape in that recipe. It does have a slight throat hit for the first couple of days but it subsides.
I really like RF grape. I already had this flavor in the vg version but I had to use it @ 15% since it wasn't concentrated. Have it in rotation now. Will be interested to try these and see how they compare.

:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
This is the only company I've bought flavorings from...whose bottles have Directions on them for recommended # of drops to add to already made eliquid and/or mLs to use per ounce of eliquid you're making from scratch. They also show a Best By date on each one. Both things are especially good for DIY newbies, IMO.

Blitz00

Mar 26, 2018
This is the only company I've bought flavorings from...whose bottles have Directions on them for recommended # of drops to add to already made eliquid and/or mLs to use per ounce of eliquid you're making from scratch. They also show a Best By date on each one. Both things are especially good for DIY newbies, IMO.

Most places just buy bulk and resell it. Best way to go on recommended %s is to look on a recipe site like ATF and see the average mixing amount. Some vendors list %s on their websites as well.

Good luck going forward in the world of DIY.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Most places just buy bulk and resell it. Best way to go on recommended %s is to look on a recipe site like ATF and see the average mixing amount. Some vendors list %s on their websites as well.

Good luck going forward in the world of DIY.

Thanks for the explanation and good wishes. In looking back at my post, I can see how someone might have thought I'm a newbie to DIY. But, I've been DIYing for 2+ years for myself and others. I often help local vapers and some online, too, learn how to DIY and get them started with it. :)

Blitz00

Mar 26, 2018
Thanks for the explanation and good wishes. In looking back at my post, I can see how someone might have thought I'm a newbie to DIY. But, I've been DIYing for 2+ years for myself and others. I often help local vapers and some online, too, learn how to DIY and get them started with it. :)

I read that all kinds of wrong, I thought you were asking whose bottles have directions on them... It's crazy how much I've had to use of these flavors. It's like they named their company with sarcasm in mind. %3 is hardly noticeable to me.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I read that all kinds of wrong, I thought you were asking whose bottles have directions on them

No harm, no foul. We're good. :thumbs:

It's crazy how much I've had to use of these flavors. It's like they named their company with sarcasm in mind. %3 is hardly noticeable to me.

Is that 3% what you're adding as a "booster" to an already made eliquid...and it's hardly noticeable to you? Or what you're using in a batch you're making from scratch?

I haven't tried using any of mine I got yet. But I already expect that some of the following will affect how much I'll need to use, to be noticeable to me, when I try them as a "booster" and in eliquid I make from scratch.

When I'm using 1 as a "booster", how much it'll take for me will probably depend on at least 3 things. (1) How strong the flavor(s) are in the eliquid I begin with, (2) How strong the ODF is that I'll be adding to it, and (3) How sensitive my taste buds are to those flavors. For example, I like using just TFA Peppermint at 3% in a single flavor eliquid, @7mg nic, and a ratio of 60VG/40PG. It's plenty strong for me even at that 3%. I'm thinking I may want to try the Chocolate ODF in it, but I already know that because of how potent the Peppermint is...I'll likely need to use quite a bit more than just the recommended 1-2 drops of the Chocolate. If I use the Chocolate in a less potent eliquid (ie. a vanilla milkshake maybe), I have no doubt that I'll be able to use less of it.

When I'm making an eliquid from scratch, with a ODF at their recommended 2mL-3mL per ounce...I may need between 4mL-6mL of the flavoring to make my 60mL bottle of eliquid. That's 6.67%-10%, which is pretty usual for a one shot flavoring or concentrate, IMO. Some I may use less of, and some more though, depending on how potent the flavoring I'm using is, to me.

So, if the 3% that you're talking about, is in a made-from-scratch eliquid...that's less than 1/2 of even the low end 6.67% they recommend. Maybe that's why it's barely noticeable to you? Or maybe your nic mg is pretty high, so it would take a higher % of their flavoring to be noticeable? I'm just throwing out ideas here, because I may end up having to consider other factors, too, when I make mine.

Last edited:

Blitz00

Mar 26, 2018
So, if the 3% that you're talking about, is in a made-from-scratch eliquid...that's less than 1/2 of even the low end 6.67% they recommend. Maybe that's why it's barely noticeable to you? Or maybe your nic mg is pretty high, so it would take a higher % of their flavoring to be noticeable? I'm just throwing out ideas here, because I may end up having to consider other factors, too, when I make mine.
I was going by how much I use of other brands, I never use more than %5 of most flavors. I use like %1-%3 of most fruit flavors in a mix. But with these it's more than double. It just feels it's not on par with the other companies I have used.

But yeah at least they warned us with the recommended percentage. Just seems if your motto is that one drop will make a difference, then it should be more concentrated.

I honestly haven't tried it to boost other mixes, but I will and report back!

Thanks for your reply. I hope you let us know what you think after you make some.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I’m confused ... so is this a flavor boost or a one shot type deal or it’s trying to be both?
It is Real Flavors PG line of flavors for boosting a flavor in an existing juice or for mixing recipes with. None of their flavors so far sound like anything I would use as a one shot. Based on preliminary reviews so far I will be sticking with their SC line which has 200+ flavors, many of which are great as stand alone one shot* recipes, and can be used at far lower lower percentages.

*I just finished off a 100ml mix of the RF SC Pumpkin Pie and 100ml of Deep Fried Spongecake mixed at 4% with 0.5% of Now Glycerite Stevia for a little extra sweetness.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I haven't mixed the testers yet. but did use a couple for boosters. Put 4 drops of the orange in a 30ml meh orange mix and after 3 days I love it. 3 drops probably would have been enough. I'll try the sb biscuit one I boosted tomorrow when I change my wick. Love that recipe but the TFA sb ripe faded. Added 2 drops of OD sb to what's left.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
I haven't mixed the testers yet. but did use a couple for boosters. Put 4 drops of the orange in a 30ml meh orange mix and after 3 days I love it. # drops probably would have been enough. I'll try the sb biscuit one I boosted tomorrow when I change my wick. Love that recipe but the TFA sb ripe faded. Added 2 drops of OD sb to what's left.

I haven't gotten anywhere yet either, I just haven't had the time. One thing I noticed though, that test of 4% OD Strawberry I did back about 10 days ago (added to my vanilla milkshake base) has faded away to almost nothing. Not happy about that but then strawberry is a notorious fader so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I haven't gotten anywhere yet either, I just haven't had the time. One thing I noticed though, that test of 4% OD Strawberry I did back about 10 days ago (added to my vanilla milkshake base) has faded away to almost nothing. Not happy about that but then strawberry is a notorious fader so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
I hear the FLV alpine sb doesn't fade but I just won't pay $17+ for a 15ml bottle.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
I hear the FLV alpine sb doesn't fade but I just won't pay $17+ for a 15ml bottle.

Meh, me neither. I use a lot of INW Shisha Strawberry which I find has very little fade even after 2 months.

If I end up using these flavors as boosters I'm good with that anyway. :D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Meh, me neither. I use a lot of INW Shisha Strawberry which I find has very little fade even after 2 months.

If I end up using these flavors as boosters I'm good with that anyway. :D
The shisha is in my v2 recipe. I'm like you, if they perform well as boosters only it's all good.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
An orange creamscle that works

In a 30 ml 50/50 base

3ml OD custard
3ml OD vanilla
1.5 ml OD orange (May want to start at 1ml and work up but 1.5 works for my taste)
1.5ml sweetener, Likely to burn the hell out of my coils but we'll see. using a dripper right now.

Used a heated magnetic stirrer for 2 hours @ 140F and I must say this is a keeper. Has a nice thickness (custard) with that perfect sweet orange/vanilla creaminess.

Hint: The lower the Nicotine content the smoother it will be. Mine is at 6mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread