Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
My convoy S4 came in today so did my AW 1600's.

Running my 1 year old AW 2000s in it and I like it :)
YKSYcam.jpg

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Fenix makes great lights. I have a PD35 that I carry every day at work and on the go, clipped to my left pocket. I'm using a protected eagletac 18650 battery on it. The light has 5 brightness levels, almost too many because I have to actually count the levels as I'm adjusting them to keep track because they are fairly close to the same level as you increase them. It puts out 850 lumens and if you press and hold the side button (also adjusts the brightness) it will strobe like crazy. I don't have 18650s for my provari yet, I just swap 18490s fairly frequently. And I've heard the the Provari doesn't do so hot with protected 18650s. I'm not sure if AW IMR's would do real well in the light though. As my protected battery starts dying, the light prevents you from increasing the brightness to the max and will later automatically lower the brightness since the chip senses that the battery can't keep up.

Fenix PD35 ....

Eagletac D25 series lights are super nice too

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Fenix makes great lights. I have a PD35 that I carry every day at work and on the go, clipped to my left pocket. I'm using a protected eagletac 18650 battery on it. The light has 5 brightness levels, almost too many because I have to actually count the levels as I'm adjusting them to keep track because they are fairly close to the same level as you increase them. It puts out 850 lumens and if you press and hold the side button (also adjusts the brightness) it will strobe like crazy. I don't have 18650s for my provari yet, I just swap 18490s fairly frequently. And I've heard the the Provari doesn't do so hot with protected 18650s. I'm not sure if AW IMR's would do real well in the light though. As my protected battery starts dying, the light prevents you from increasing the brightness to the max and will later automatically lower the brightness since the chip senses that the battery can't keep up.

Fenix PD35 ....

Eagletac D25 series lights are super nice too
I was looking at both of those and the Tx25c2, not sure which one yet, for when the bank account recovers after the 28th

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Please be careful with the Convoys - they usually have no way to vent a runaway battery. Blow into the tube and you'll see what I mean.
Other than that, yes, 18650 lights everywhere in this house =)

Edit: That's in reply to Super_X - somehow my quoting didnt work
Interesting. wouldn't this be the case with any IPX-8 waterproof light?

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
Interesting. wouldn't this be the case with any IPX-8 waterproof light?
Yes, exactly. That's why the "protected" batteries were born a couple of years ago.

I personally value my safety more than the waterproofness of a flashlight - and drill a hole in the tube.
Now if anyone really needs a waterproof flashlight, for illuminating the bathtub or whatever, just use protected batteries for at least some additional safety.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Any of you 18650 lights guys know if this one lives up to the hype?

NiteCore SRT7 Revenger Cree XM-L2 LED Flashlight

I watched some YouTube shootouts and read some great reviews.

How could it be worth 4-8x the price of some of the decent cheaper lights?

I'll probably get one of the cheaper lights but looking for input on this one.

EDIT - I forgot to mention that I need a dependable highly adjustable beam light for hiking.
I don't necessarily need a ton of features such as different colors.
Dependability, light weight, adjustability, efficiency & 18650 are necessary though.
Any suggestions for good lights fitting my guidelines?

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread