OT posts from the "Senator seeks to halt..." thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dEFinitionofEPIC

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
NJ
I don't care if he's from Greece, or if he's from the dark side of the moon...if he's sending something to a United States SENATOR that could possibly HURT our cause, then something needs to be said, and the people on this forum from the U.S. have that right...

Yeah... you're right.... I actually heard the "SENATOR" (must capitalize the title of the almighty senator, eh?) is sitting down tonight after dinner to read ALL the letters he's received over the last couple of days (even ones from people on the dark side of the moon). The jolly fellow will be sipping a cup of tea and eating crumpets. A smile will be on his face as he satisfyingly rips open each and every envelope knowing that he is public servant and is doing what is best for the people. He's actually well known for basing his decisions on what people write to him in polite, quaint, and well worded letters. Letters are the #1 thing he refers to when making a decision.... NOT $128,000 in contribution money. So Down with the Grecian!
Please...

Nicole

Mar 6, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Yeah... you're right.... I actually heard the "SENATOR" (must capitalize the title of the almighty senator, eh?) is sitting down tonight after dinner to read ALL the letters he's received over the last couple of days (even ones from people on the dark side of the moon). The jolly fellow will be sipping a cup of tea and eating crumpets. A smile will be on his face as he satisfyingly rips open each and every envelope knowing that he is public servant and is doing what is best for the people. He's actually well known for basing his decisions on what people write to him in polite, quaint, and well worded letters. Letters are the #1 thing he refers to when making a decision.... NOT $128,000 in contribution money. So Down with the Grecian!
Please...

Wow...really??? :nah:

I think we're all aware that you're a bit of a conspiracy theorist, since you've made that pretty well known with some of your other political rants and nonsense. I'm aware we won't be friends anytime soon, so I'll go ahead and come right out and tell you to get over yourself. The "Grecian", as you so charmingly referred to him as, is not from the United States, and this isn't his fight, so if something he says might possibly in any way, shape or form affect something that affects ME and other people in this forum, then I can and will damn well say something about it.

Go back to your anti-government blog. Jerk. :mad:

dEFinitionofEPIC

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
NJ

I think we're all aware that you're a bit of a conspiracy theorist, since you've made that pretty well known with some of your other political rants and nonsense. I'm aware we won't be friends anytime soon, so I'll go ahead and come right out and tell you to get over yourself. The "Grecian", as you so charmingly referred to him as, is not from the United States, and this isn't his fight, so if something he says might possibly in any way, shape or form affect something that affects ME and other people in this forum, then I can and will damn well say something about it.

You go girl. You go on ahead and damned well tell me how it is. If you can damned well say anything you damn well please about any damn thing than so can any-damn-one. (.... even Greeks).

Go back to minding your own business. _____. (We'll leave this one to the imagination. :mad:

Lithium1330

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Mexico
If it affects me, it IS my business. If it doesn't affect someone from Greece, it's not his place to write to a senator in a country he doesn't live in, especially to rant and rave like a lunatic.

And you can leave it up to the imagination all you want. You apparently have quite a vivid one.

Sue him...

Perhaps any ban in any country affects every vaper in the world.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

I dont know anything about Definitionofepic but if he is an anti-government man then I am with him. I hate every kind of authority, but on the other hand I want the thinks to be placed right.

That means that I hate the authority as it is today. Big money, cars, boats, good life and the citizent sits to his house and see them like the movies on the cinema, eating his poor pop corn. Discusting. I just eat and feel gorge-rise and anger:evil:

So I want to say to you my friend that this senator (a few of them if no one is a good person) is a man with no brain. As my friend Sakis always says: "Think better"

It is not for you but for the senator (if he can do it)

So take off your hands from definitionofepic:)

Nicole

Mar 6, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Sue him...

Perhaps any ban in any country affects every vaper in the world.

Weren't you the one who JUST said that we shouldn't have a flame war? :confused:

There isn't a ban. Yet. So no, it doesn't "affect every vaper in the world." But, by all means, join Epic and his "anti-government, run us all, blah de blah blah" movement he has going on. That will help. Really.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
If it affects me, it IS my business. If it doesn't affect someone from Greece, it's not his place to write to a senator in a country he doesn't live in, especially to rant and rave like a lunatic.

And you can leave it up to the imagination all you want. You apparently have quite a vivid one.

Sorry for my try to help you:mad:. I will not do it again.

But SJ call us and I was there. Next time I will tell SJ, "its not my matter, sorry"

ps.....I eat 20' to write it in english and thats the thanks

Last edited:

Nicole

Mar 6, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Sorry for my try to help you:mad:. I will not do it again.

But SJ call us and I was there. Next time I will tell SJ, "its not my matter, sorry"

Look, I don't even have a problem with you. If you want to help, awesome, more power to you, it's appreciated. Ranting, however, isn't helping. It could possibly hurt the cause more than it can do anything else.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
ok...

Before I go off with my guns blazing, I'll say this.

The United States is a trend-setter. Many, MANY countries out there look to the U.S. to see what we do and then follow along with similar action so any of you who think that someone from another country has no stake in this because they're not American are dead wrong.

Here's a couple of things to remember:

1) This is a UK based forum...The owner is from the UK and the majority of the original members are from the UK.

2) The owner is one of those who is helping push people to stand in front of this issue in the U.S. Why don't you tell HIM this isn't any of his business?

3) It doesn't matter where an individual is from, they can still make an impact on the government and administrations of the U.S. It's called "international relations".

Honestly, all of this nonsense about someone from another country not having a stake in this and how they are going to damage the cause because their grammar and spelling are off...in a NON NATIVE LANGUAGE...smacks of elitism.

I think you people need to check yourselves and spend some time figuring out what it is you're looking for...Results or recognition?

dEFinitionofEPIC

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
NJ
Honestly, all of this nonsense about someone from another country not having a stake in this and how they are going to damage the cause because their grammar and spelling are off...in a NON NATIVE LANGUAGE...smacks of elitism.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Why rip a good intentioned person from a different country who is fighting for the same exact cause? ...and then I get ripped. Absolutely mind boggling. Why be surprised with the fact that people in government think they're above everyone else when even little forum peasants are running around with their dignified noses in the air....

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
ok...

The United States is a trend-setter. Many, MANY countries out there look to the U.S. to see what we do and then follow along with similar action so any of you who think that someone from another country has no stake in this because they're not American are dead wrong.

1) This is a UK based forum...The owner is from the UK and the majority of the original members are from the UK.

2) The owner is one of those who is helping push people to stand in front of this issue in the U.S. Why don't you tell HIM this isn't any of his business?

3) It doesn't matter where an individual is from, they can still make an impact on the government and administrations of the U.S. It's called "international relations".

I think you people need to check yourselves and spend some time figuring out what it is you're looking for...Results or recognition?

+1 on that sentiment.

Lithium1330

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Mexico
ok...

Thanks Terraphon exactly what I think and expressed in good english.

You know, if imeothanasis's communication to the Senator had been simply a voicing of opinion rather than a SCREAMING RANT, the spelling/grammar issue wouldn't even have come up. Communicating in ALL CAPS is generally considered screaming or yelling and rude.

My bad, I certainly couldn't write anything in Greek.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
You know, if imeothanasis's communication to the Senator had been simply a voicing of opinion rather than a SCREAMING RANT, the spelling/grammar issue wouldn't even have come up. Communicating in ALL CAPS is generally considered screaming or yelling and rude.

My bad, I certainly couldn't write anything in Greek.

People don't have the right to have a bit of a rant once in a while? My god you should see ME half the time. I rant CONSTANTLY!

No, I think the problem here is that people are trying to be too politically correct. You're in contact with a U.S. Senator so you can't use caps. You're in contact with a U.S. Senator so you have to use proper grammar. You're in contact with a U.S. Senator so you can't be aggressive. You're in contact with a U.S. Senator so you have to be American.

It's B.S.

People are going to be passionate about this issue and I, for one, would rather have someone show that passion in their own way than not act at all.

And telling someone they're doing it wrong when they're trying to help us here in the U.S. is just plain wrong...ESPECIALLY when their "dog is not even in this fight".

Maybe if MORE people would bother to stick their necks out, we'd all live in a better world...Of course, the second someone does, along comes the mob.

Good game, people...Good game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread