The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

P & p

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ecosnige

ecosnige Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2009
    UK
    I think the problem here is its a device sorta aimed at a novice user BUT price will be high and also a rebuildable atty slapped on top which is not for a novice.So advanced users are going to be disappointed with 3.6 volt and a new user is going to be a bit dazzled with building coils etc.I dont see who this device is aimed at? the more i hear about it the more im disappointed and put off at the same time :(

Seems to me this is a step backward for the gg fans, plz tell me ive missed something?

2. urquidezj

urquidezj Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2010
    Tucson AZ
    they are for the ladies guys, they need a sexy mod too,

3. keighles

keighles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2011
    Maryland
    Put me down for one of each. Payment ready!!

......sent from my phone.

4. Bigmike228

Bigmike228 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Sachse , TX
    It will fill a niche in all things vape related. Although I'm not too crazy about 14500's. I'll probably end up buying one myself. Lol

5. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Philadelphia Burbs
    They will be perfect for being out and about and a nice option to have if you don't have or don't like the size of the TS. Like everything else GG, I'm sure that GGPP will stand on it's own and have a loyal following.

I'm dying to see how they are engraved.... the Slims are so beautiful I can't imagine topping them aesthetically. Will be a classy "little G" for dinner parties and the like.

6. MrKrinkle

MrKrinkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Yes I agree as I plan to use my GGPP when I attend the Opera or a Broadway show.... wait a minute ... am I saying like I go to the Opera or Broadway hahaha thats funny made myself laugh anyway.... but seriously its a GG itll be awesome and unique no matter what...

7. Stormynights

Stormynights Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2009
    Bristow, Ok.
    I just had a giggle thinking about Cheech and Chong vaping at the opera. :) :) :)

8. Zogem

Zogem Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2011
    Atlanta
    Concur.. I've no interest in a 3.x device no matter how pretty it may be.

-Z

9. Torqueguy

Torqueguy Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

May 14, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Led Zeppelin, man, thats Mr Krinkle. First guy to reach out to me and teach me how to build iatty coils.

I'll be forever in his debt putting up with my ceaseless questions on kanthal and wick and ceramic this and silver that.

Thanks Krink

10. CaptSteve

CaptSteve Airborn ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    Guys I recall Imeo saying something about having ready made "drop in" coils of various resistance ohms available for Penelope.
    A GG is a GG and I'm sure this new GGPP will have the appeal they all have. I for one will certainly get one just for the sake of expanding my GG collection although irrespective of voltage, knowing Imeo it's gonna be a great vape.
    I don't agree with ruling out a PV purely because it operates at 3.6-3.7 volts, given the correct resistance coil and wick it can be a great vape.
    I have a Slim which I don't use much because of the 10440 but I wouldn't dream of selling it, it's a piece of art like all GG products.
    Rest assured that if Penelope and Proteus were not both a satisfying vape and an aesthetically pleasing combination they would never make Imeo's production floor. The man has proved to us time and time again that he would never put his name to something that is not worth it's weight in gold.

11. Torqueguy

Torqueguy Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

May 14, 2011
    Central Virginia
    I was a dyed in the wool HV'er but since the Ody, I've been venturing more and more into the LR world. 1.3-1.4 ohms at full 4.2v kicks some serious butt. If it wasn't going to be a winner, Imeo wouldn't release it. He's a HV'er himself so he knows all about throat hit requirements

12. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    My-my,fully adjustable like a Storm in 14500 batteries...nice.

Oh,and did I said that it should be about the width of a telescope...yes I did!

#1 will probably go to BigBuyer museum guys...dont dream.

But I`d take the prototype Imeo!!! :laugh:

13. Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Lakeland Florida
    Pardon me... Do you happen to have any Grey Poupon?

Sign me up Imeo, I'm in!

14. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    Let me start by saying it is a GG so it will be sold and probably sold out. That being said I believe this is more for a less in your face vape. Slim and short enough to be semi stealth but enough capacity to still have a reasonable lifespan.

15. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    6 inches long and shiney like the moon aint that stealth :)

BTW Imeo,not sure if you mentioned the type of connection between P and P...

510?
    Proprietary UFS-style?
    Will we be able to screw std attys on it?

16. ecosnige
    This message by ecosnige has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 17, 2012.
    Mar 17, 2012
  17. silentt

silentt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2011
    Virginia
    The trick of having a 3.6v device is how you build your atomizer. Anything can be satisfying, just close your eyes and use imagination. :lol:

18. thejager

thejager Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just gotta learn to wrap a coil to make the 3.6 purr is all...

Imeo....will the penlope connection be a 510 connection to the Proteus? If so...awesome. If not, can you maek an adapter? I think the Penelope will be great for use on my Darwin too (hopefully letting it close)

19. CaptSteve

CaptSteve Airborn ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    Imeo just said that he's vaping Penelope on an eGo battery jager.

20. FunkyVapes

FunkyVapes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2011
    Niagara Falls, Canada
    I don't care if Imeo invented it or a factory in China...I call it like I see it.

The way I see it is that GGs are completely user-serviceable, all the parts are replaceable and have.lifetime warranties.

This doesn't take into account that you can use almost any battery, any atty without aftermarket adapters plus revolutionary air control; and juice flow and air control on the tanks.

It's all mechanical, machined to perfection and sturdy as a dwarf. A precise is a stainless steel tube, some megalodons are stainless steel tubes, etc... The GG line is optimal performace that looks like art.

And in regards to being a 3.6V device...tons of us use it at 3.6,4.2,5.0,6.0, 6.4 & 7.4 volts depending on batteries and our mood.

Just my two cents while I lay in bed with my phone

Sent from my Galaxy

21. MrKrinkle

MrKrinkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I'm gonna Vape till the fat lady sings..... maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!

Awwwww puddums no need to thank me man always happy to help out when I can if I can.... its how we do what we do...

The 0.9 Dual Ohm Coil with 32g Kanthal A1 @ 4.2v fresh charged AW IMR is pretty friggen awesome and I dont hafta stack batts anymore... I find it as close to HV as you can get without stacking batts and I find the flavor to be better and the TH a little smoother than HV... but then again anything is smoother than 8.4v @ 2.5ohm's

but of course... anything less would be uncivilized....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.