• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
I've put a few posts in the general area, Redgirl has done the same, and JTurse posted in the Meets forum. They tend to fall back into the recesses fairly quickly, but they've all been seen, and they've all funneled traffic back here.

If you think there's a good place to post about it, feel free - no need to wait for permission! Just be sure to link back to THIS thread so people can see the latest news. It contains all the news and necessary contacts for anyone who wants to jump on board.

So you're going to be there, Aaron?

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
Lasttango,

I'll adopt you (and anyone else in Delaware)....you can pick me up on the way too. (I'm about 15 minutes north of you on I-95) :) Maybe we can get a small group to share a hotel room....

Do Delaware Vapers count or do we have to go to the Maryland/NJ meetup ;-)

someone needs to adopt delaware - I only know of 3 of us here

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
CASAA is the Consumer Advocates for Smokefree Alternatives Association.

It was formed in 2009 by members of this forum as an advocacy group, made up of both consumers and vendors, to raise awareness and protect our right to access reduced harm alternatives

(I copied and pasted, sorry I can be lazy at times) loxmthe ~All questions are appropriate on this forum.

Just out of curiosity since your occupation has you tinkering around quite a bit, have you thought about building your own mod?

Last edited:

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Funny you should ask - yes. My neighbor (retired gunsmith) and I are working out the details on a few mods - 1 that would fit on a key chain and a juice box sorta thing.
We were going to try to have them for the 31st - but decided we don't want to rush things. We are both a couple of perfectionists and will probably take us the rest of our lives to get them just right LOL.

All I have to say is great job spreading the word about the meet up guys. I am hoping to have many people but if not then we will still have a good time.

Just got some donations in from cignot. Nice gift pack they put together for giveaways. Two nice eGo kits!!!

Eliquidplanet is shipping out some juice samples for the group and a VORTEX kit!!!

Puresmoker is gonna send us some samples for the group.

LitecigUSA will be there in person with all of his gear if anyone wants to purchase anything hopefully he will be running some sweet deals. Plus he said he many also donate some gear to the giveaway.

Vaprlife is shipping out 2 PV's. Valued at $89.00 a piece.

Can't wait to see everyone. Keep spreading the word. Vape strong people.

Jeff
NEPAVAPORS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Ok bad news... My friend is the general manager at the Hampton Inn in Hazleton,,,, But and a Big BUT!! The nascar race is going on the same weekend... Their hotel is booked solid along with the majority of the hotels around Hazleton... If you do a search in this area you may come up with a ton of hotels.. Unfortunately I can't get discounted rates at those... Hopefully this doesn't kill the attendance....

Jeff
(NEPA VAPORS)

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
Ok bad news... My friend is the general manager at the Hampton Inn in Hazleton,,,, But and a Big BUT!! The nascar race is going on the same weekend... Their hotel is booked solid along with the majority of the hotels around Hazleton... If you do a search in this area you may come up with a ton of hotels.. Unfortunately I can't get discounted rates at those... Hopefully this doesn't kill the attendance....

Jeff
(NEPA VAPORS)

Ouch! (I'm sure to some). Any ideas please pass on to everyone, though I may just drive it back. How many confirmed RSVP's do you have not including vendors?

So far I have confirmed approx. 16-18 people... That is not including the local vapers that I have told... Can't wait to see and meet everyone.. Got some awesome packages waiting at the PO Box for the meetup... Just got two more emails about shipping on more gifts and giveaways...

We will be charging $5.00 at the door but that will get you 5 raffle tickets for the giveaways. We will also sell 10 raffle tickets for $10.00 additional... Any money raised will be put into a pot and we will do a 50/50 drawing. The rest of the money left over will go for a tip to the bartender or a donation to possibly the American Cancer Society or some other cause to be determined by the group the night of the event.

The Roads End Pub will be having a DJ on the 1st floor of the building so at least there will be some music. The one downfall is that the second floor is the smoking section. So all that means is maybe we will be able to convert some more people. The owner, Jimmy, was contacting his LCB contact to see if there was anything that prevented him from closing the second floor down to anyone not with our function. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED.... As we all know the PLCB SUCKS!!! Ok guys... All I can say now is count down has begun!!!!

T-MINUS 12 DAYS AND COUNTING...

JEFF
NEPAVAPORS

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
The rest of the money left over will go for a tip to the bartender or a donation to possibly the American Cancer Society or some other cause to be determined by the group the night of the event.

NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!! Anything but the American Cancer Society!

They have a hardline anti-ecig stance, as does the American Lung Association, and the AMA. They've filed friend of the court briefs in the FDA case, and they are 100% Not on our side.

In fact, The ALA has been sending hitmen to various states to try to get PVs banned. They were behind the ban attempts in New York and Illinois, and I'm sure others. I know that in Illinois, they basically wrote the legislation and put it in the representative's hand. That bill came close to passing! I refuse to support any group that tries to ban PVs by making false arguments and withholding facts.

Didn't mean to get all militant on ya, but I spend a lot of time looking at the e-cig news and campaigning sections. Those guys are trouble, and they sure aren't on our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread