• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK then sounds good....

NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!! Anything but the American Cancer Society!

They have a hardline anti-ecig stance, as does the American Lung Association, and the AMA. They've filed friend of the court briefs in the FDA case, and they are 100% Not on our side.

In fact, The ALA has been sending hitmen to various states to try to get PVs banned. They were behind the ban attempts in New York and Illinois, and I'm sure others. I know that in Illinois, they basically wrote the legislation and put it in the representative's hand. That bill came close to passing! I refuse to support any group that tries to ban PVs by making false arguments and withholding facts.

Didn't mean to get all militant on ya, but I spend a lot of time looking at the e-cig news and campaigning sections. Those guys are trouble, and they sure aren't on our side.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't know if this is something you want to do Jeff... but have you considered contacting a local newspaper about the meet? If they have advance notice, they may be interested in doing a "local color" piece about the event. It could be a chance to get ecigs out in front of the public a little.

If nothing else, they might be able to print it as an upcoming event blurb. Just a thought...

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I'm about 2 hours away.

It's so tempting... I would like to meet some people and buy some stuff, too (or at least look at it first hand), but... 2 hours.

I'm very tempted, but won't know for sure until it gets closer. Is there a deadline for RSVPing?

Yeah, just come. I have a little over a 2 hour drive too. It's not that far. You can stay at a hotel like I'm doing if you don't want to drive back that night.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I haven't heard from anyone regarding a possible carpool. Transportation wouldn't be an issue, other than driving back after hanging out at a bar all night :) (although I guess you didn't see that part of the tournament fee includes Free Picnic: FREE BEER, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Soda, Dessert, More FREE BEER!)

See you already know which to choose as the team isn't confirmed. Did you ever get any hits off others in your area commuting up with you? Is transportation a problem?

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
I haven't heard from anyone regarding a possible carpool. Transportation wouldn't be an issue, other than driving back after hanging out at a bar all night :) (although I guess you didn't see that part of the tournament fee includes Free Picnic: FREE BEER, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Soda, Dessert, More FREE BEER!)

Yeah but the tournament fee is $120.00 - in this part of Pa. that equals about:
120 draft beers.
40 or so bottles.
60 quarts of Yuengling.
:)
I will even buy you a beer so add 1 to any of the above.
:toast::toast:

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yeah but the tournament fee is $120.00 - in this part of Pa. that equals about:
120 draft beers.
40 or so bottles.
60 quarts of Yuengling.
:)
I will even buy you a beer so add 1 to any of the above.
:toast::toast:

Back in the 90s Rich and I took a trip down to D.C. for the weekend. We saw bars selling Yuengling at import prices! It was sort of a laugh, especially since he grew up a few blocks away from the brewery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread