The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pa meetup july 31

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Vapers' started by Jturse, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jturse

Jturse Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

OK then sounds good....

2. loxmythe

loxmythe Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Jeff
    What is the parking situation? Do they have a lot?

Is there anything you need help with? I am only about 20 minutes away.

3. Jturse

street parking available

4. Stephra

Stephra Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    Pennsylvania
  5. Stephra

Feb 12, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I don't know if this is something you want to do Jeff... but have you considered contacting a local newspaper about the meet? If they have advance notice, they may be interested in doing a "local color" piece about the event. It could be a chance to get ecigs out in front of the public a little.

If nothing else, they might be able to print it as an upcoming event blurb. Just a thought...

6. Jturse

The bar owners daughter is a reporter and she will be there. Hahahahaha. Already thought of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Tachion

Tachion Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2010
    Northeast
    I'm about 2 hours away.

It's so tempting... I would like to meet some people and buy some stuff, too (or at least look at it first hand), but... 2 hours.

I'm very tempted, but won't know for sure until it gets closer. Is there a deadline for RSVPing?

8. AaronB

AaronB Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Awe come on two hours isn't that bad... Okay I'm used to commuting an hour an a half everyday with traffic.

9. Stephra

Feb 12, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I've got an hour and a half at least, and I'm making it a day trip (ie. not staying over in a hotel). And I have work the next day, too.

Besides, there will be goodies to sample and chance to win a spanking new PV. Remember, the more the merrier!

10. redgirl

redgirl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2009
    Brunswick, MD
    Yeah, just come. I have a little over a 2 hour drive too. It's not that far. You can stay at a hotel like I'm doing if you don't want to drive back that night.

11. maureengill

maureengill Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2009
    Trainer PA
  12. AaronB

AaronB Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

See you already know which to choose as the team isn't confirmed. Did you ever get any hits off others in your area commuting up with you? Is transportation a problem?

13. maureengill

maureengill Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2009
    Trainer PA
    I haven't heard from anyone regarding a possible carpool. Transportation wouldn't be an issue, other than driving back after hanging out at a bar all night :) (although I guess you didn't see that part of the tournament fee includes Free Picnic: FREE BEER, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Soda, Dessert, More FREE BEER!)

14. Jturse

Well all that would be great if this was the PA beer fest but we are talking PV and juice baby!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. keveck

keveck Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2010
    aaa
    The possibility of me showing up has increased greatly...I need a new air intake + housing (the bolts on mine won't come off so I can't change the air filter) for my car and that huge junkyard in hazleton would be a great excuse to come down there.

As long as you guys don't mind me being a little dirty when I get there!

16. Stephra

Feb 12, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I for one welcome all the dirty vapers!

I can't speak for anyone else though. Anyone have a problem with a dirty Keveck?

17. loxmythe

loxmythe Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Yeah but the tournament fee is $120.00 - in this part of Pa. that equals about:
    120 draft beers.
    40 or so bottles.
    60 quarts of Yuengling.
    :)
    I will even buy you a beer so add 1 to any of the above.
    :toast::toast:

18. Stephra

Feb 12, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Back in the 90s Rich and I took a trip down to D.C. for the weekend. We saw bars selling Yuengling at import prices! It was sort of a laugh, especially since he grew up a few blocks away from the brewery.

19. keveck

keveck Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2010
    aaa
    Fixed. :)

20. thibbit

thibbit Full Member

Jul 14, 2010
    pa. usa
    any one near bradford (16701) want to carpool? I would like to go depending on the babysitter situation so it's still a maybe for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.