Parents dont let me vape, help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarfcat

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Grand Rapids MI
My parents are open to vaping but curious/cautious about it. When we went home to visit last weekend I broke out the vamo and explained it to them and showed them how it worked, talked about risk reduction and my overall plan to step down my nic intake. My mother (always was a worrier) had alot of questions but ultimately I vaped on it the entire visit with no complaints. They seemed pretty pleased with the fact I wasnt smoking anymore and were curious.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Abstractcousin, thanks for sharing. Truthfully, it was heart-breaking on all sides. Anyone behaving as such has to be experiencing a lot of fear. I imagine at least some of that fear comes from all the stories we hear coming out of California about the wasted lives and lost ones. I know they're all over the world but it seems more concentrated and gets more notoriety there and is probably a more frequent topic among parents. I know some of the most extreme measures regarding vaping are coming from there and have no doubt the fear of drug use is part of that.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
I'm from the UK first thing we learn growing up is pick your battles this is not a battle you want to get into you stand to lose a lot and only gain vape convenience. With every parent child dynamic there is that line In the sand that a parent won't back down from they usually make no sense have little connection with logic and cannot be overcome. Let them have this one and walk your backside where ever you have to for you to vape and them to be happy. I get the feeling in this instance you trying to educate them or "prove your point" will be akin to striking a match in a puddle of gas. I also think you hoped you'd find an answer coming to a vaping forum you got many and it's upto you if you listen to any of them and we can say what we want it won't be us who have to deal with any consequences of our advice and certainly won't be paying to support you if it all goes wrong. Play safe do as they ask finish your education get a decent job and buy/rent your own house then you make the rules.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Man, I didn't smoke in front of my dad until I was in my late thirties. Even after that, whenever we were toghether he asked me not to light up in front of him. I respected that.

I'm 48 and have never smoked in front of my father, or any of my former baseball coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread