Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I don't ususlly order from China but...they were there when I ordered and I got 10 of them. I think I heard what you're talking about...a suction noise when I let off the bottle. I'm not flooding it anymore. But whoever said LR's don't flood is koo-koo! Or maybe, my reference to flooding is different. If I put too much juice in the cart it ends up flowing out the connector holes in the atty and makes a terrible mess! I'm used to it now but it sucks. At least with the Drip tip there's nothing to hold and if it's dry you start to taste it.
I'll keep playing with it this weekend and see how I like it. I don't use the brass connectors, just a tight fit into the drip tip or cart...much easier!
Got company coming from outta town, so won't be able to mod (off Friday, maybe a little time)!

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
This will be interesting. When not thinking about it and under normal use, we'll see if it floods on ya. What size tubing are you using?

The only thing I don't like about the drip tip is how anything can get inside it due to its large opening. I always throw my Nico-Drip in my pocket when not in use. Well, now any pocket lint or items small enough will find their way into the mouthpiece. That would be the only reason I may stop using a drip tip on this mod. Yet, at the same time, it can be easily capped. The benefits certainly make it worth an effort to put a cap on it.

I believe my brother showed me a 901 cart cover the other day that fit on his.

Hmm... maybe a nice round MAGNET! Great excuse to buy more magnets!!!:w00t:

Last edited:

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
Hmm... maybe a nice round MAGNET! Great excuse to buy more magnets!!!:w00t:

I wonder if they make one of those round(with a hole in the center) magnets in a size that will fit in a cartomizer? That would make refilling a lot easier. Sorry, OT, but... Have you ever tried drilling a carto & making a juice feeder out of it?

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
I wonder if they make one of those round(with a hole in the center) magnets in a size that will fit in a cartomizer? That would make refilling a lot easier. Sorry, OT, but... Have you ever tried drilling a carto & making a juice feeder out of it?

No, I've never had a cartomizer.

I think I know what your describing though. A magnet shaped like a washer? Are cartomizers all metal?

You could try to magnetize a bolt washer and try right?

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I smell a safety issue...swallow a magnet! Opps, gulp! LOL I would think the cart caps would fit over it. I'll check when I get home. So, far I like it but when I first started with it, the juice actually spit up into my mouth. I see now how that would happen with a regular cart when it was flooded! Weird!

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
No, I've never had a cartomizer.

I think I know what your describing though. A magnet shaped like a washer? Are cartomizers all metal?

You could try to magnetize a bolt washer and try right?

One similar to these.
%21BYglfGQ%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl8jjFBKi%21oN%21H%21w%7E%7E_12.JPG

Use it in place of the plastic ring that always breaks apart.:?: A cartomizer is all metal with a paper(waxed?) wrapper around it. Picture a 901 atomizer with the filler built into the atty. The atty/cart are one piece.

I smell a safety issue...swallow a magnet! Opps, gulp! LOL I would think the cart caps would fit over it. I'll check when I get home. So, far I like it but when I first started with it, the juice actually spit up into my mouth. I see now how that would happen with a regular cart when it was flooded! Weird!

Hey, aren't magnets supposed to be good for you? It would be like wearing it on the inside. These puppies are strong! I don't think they would slip out. I've got the ones in the picture, I'll see if they fit when I get home.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Thank you, Sci. :)

I guess this thread is coming to an end when we venture as off topic as we've had the past few days. Well, actually not so off topic.... as experimental?

BUT!!!

I need to take a couple pictures and show a how-to on installing the brass tubing adapter into the box and a new generic how-to will be ready for it's own thread. I guess the biggest importance of a new how-to would be to eliminate the dropper tip as an adapter and show the brass one from the lighter.

I went through the pictures.... and in an hour.... re-did things.

It is downright scary what can be done, and so easily, with Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9. I don't think I'll ever trust another photo again! As everyone will understand when I post the new how-to in a seperate thread.

Another image program that I used and use a lot is a free one called Irfanview which can be download for free here:

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

It easily resizes photos, crops and can even install text. I've used it for years and is always one of the first things I install on my computers. Would be great for everyone in the modders forum here to download and use.

Anyone have any ideas or recommendations for the new how-to thread please advise!

Last edited:

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
Irfanview rocks! You can do a batch resize, resample, rename, re-bunch of other stuff, crop, create thumbnails, & a whole bunch of other stuff. If JASC uses filters with the 8BF extension, Irfanview can use those also. What I like is that it's portable. You can copy the files to a flash drive, someone else's computer, etc. I'm big on portable apps. 90% of the software I use is portable.

Good news/bad news about the batteries. Good news: they are just a hair smaller than the opening of an 808 carto/901/510, but would work if it weren't for the Bad news: they don't stick very well. I don't know what the cartos/attys are made of, but it's not a strong enough bond for me to inhale off of it. Bummer.

Could you use silicone caulking to make end caps for these? I mean, is it safe? I got a tube that is just begging to be used for something.:) The carto/cartridge condos are silicone aren't they? Surely, it can't be any worse than using hot glue or epoxy?

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Okay.... I'm asking this here because I worry and I'm sure others are wondering.

Where is Petercro? Last activity was on the 24'th?

My brother and I are speculating..... does Petercro work for BP? Is Petercro in the Gulf of Mexico and not far from me here in Florida? Is Petercro... (a resident major juice modder here at ECF).... working to stop the bottom feed in the Gulf oil gusher?!!

Petercro..... wherefore art thou Petercro?:confused:

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
Okay.... I'm asking this here because I worry and I'm sure others are wondering.

Where is Petercro? Last activity was on the 24'th?

My brother and I are speculating..... does Petercro work for BP? Is Petercro in the Gulf of Mexico and not far from me here in Florida? Is Petercro... (a resident major juice modder here at ECF).... working to stop the bottom feed in the Gulf oil gusher?!!

Petercro..... wherefore art thou Petercro?:confused:

Tune in next week's episode for the answers to these questions & more!

Wow, you need to be a mystery writer.:) I'm sure if he were there, it'd be fixed by now. They need to have you JB heavy hitters down there. You all know about controlling liquid flow & not letting it get out of hand.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Has Petercro wandered too close to the "Peening Zone"?

Is there freshly disturbed dirt in the vacant lot next to Dreamys?

Has there been any unusually large purchases of Clorox in Florida lately?

Most importantly...does Petercro's will give me all his vaping and modding stash?

...lights are flickering...give me a sign oh modding one...is that a YES to all of the above?

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Brough East Yorkshire, UK
Sorry Dreamy.

My work is keeping me rather busy of late!

I studied Marine Biology for a while.
So BP is not on my christmas card list.

I do however read threads by you, Storm, HP, Nicotime, Mike and Clumsy.
But I only post if I have somthing to say.

This thread is a teachers dream and should be here for ever.
But I do agree with you that when a thread loses direction, a new thread
should be started.
(I think it should be called "Dreamies Tutorials")

I have been occupied with UK Vapors forum, because of the UK Vapefest
and the up coming MHRA liquid nicotine reclassification.
The Vapefest was a great event and I will post the Video link on my MK3 thread for you to watch.

Peter............

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
So good to see Petercro is fine, just busy! We must remind ourselves that it is actually great to be busy.

See NicoTime....... you attacked me unfairly! :p ...... unfortunately the only fresh "mounds" are mounds of solder on my upcoming mods. I need a new soldering iron. :(..... I want Scis soldering iron..... I like how his works to create such neat little invisible solder points..... :blush:... err.... I could blame the artist but why do that when I can blame the paint and iron?!!!

Got my nights off coming up and some fresh new shiny pictures! Will finish the ones for this thread too.

Here's a preview:

NicoDrip5Vtease.jpg

What the...? 8-o....... damn these darned bananas... ruined a perfectly good picture ...:banana:...... got 'em running and gyrating all over the place now.... :-x ..... like some kind of ECF virus or bug or something. Well heck..... I'll just blame them on the solder and paint!!! :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread