Pen-style e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a Joye 302 & the atty has gone out. This is my only pen-style, but to my understanding the 302, 801, RN4072, BE112 & the M201 all interchange. Since my 302 atty lasted no time with very little use & really had spotty performance at best.
Which atty should I try next? I've got an 801 & a RN4072 sitting in a cart,but wanted some user feedback before I checked out.

Thanks in advance for your opinion.
NB

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Boge makes a 302, 4 hole and it is awesome. I have both Joye's 302 and Boge. Joye's is a 2 hole, and mine went pfttt pretty quick (I was using it to drip with on a Chuck).

I haven't tried a BE112 yet. I do have the RN4072 (low bridge, good long lasting attys some I've been running off and on for 5 months, the kit I started with). I also have SLB801 (high bridge) last long, but are problematic since they seem to flood and leak more.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I have a Joye 302 & the atty has gone out. This is my only pen-style, but to my understanding the 302, 801, RN4072, BE112 & the M201 all interchange. Since my 302 atty lasted no time with very little use & really had spotty performance at best.
Which atty should I try next? I've got an 801 & a RN4072 sitting in a cart,but wanted some user feedback before I checked out.

Thanks in advance for your opinion.
NB

The M201 is not compatible with any of the other penstyles. I believe that the DSE801, RN4072, and BE112 (which are compatible with each other) are compatible with the Joye302.

I have a lot of experience with the 801. At its best, I love its performance, but not its reliability. Some have lasted me a few weeks, some have been DOA, some have lasted only a few days, and others have just limped along. I've read that there are several versions: high bridge and low bridge, and 4-hole and 2-hole. [Puresmoker sells a 3-hole high bridge 801 ... and a 4-hole 4072 low bridge.]

I just tried that BE112 attys and I hate them. The big three (vapor, flavor, and throat hit) are quite diminished.

I now think I'll try the attys from e-smokeytreats.com. GrimmGreen has raved about them. Or, perhaps, those from EastMall. According to their website: "Our DSE801 Atomisers have 4 holes and are a little different from others, the resistance inside the Atomiser is lower which ensures great vapor production." Sounds good. And their marble-colored 801s are quite handsome. [Of course, their $15 shipping cost is a turn off.]

Or maybe, I'll go back to the Puresmoker 3-holes. They are more expensive than most, but probably worth it.

It is all so confusing!:confused:

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
I just tried that BE112 attys and I hate them. The big three (vapor, flavor, and throat hit) are quite diminished.

DonDaBoom, how many BE112's did you try? I am sort of in the same situation, use a prodigy at 5V with an 801 and have been so tempted to try the BE112's. Apparantly the difference is quite substantial?
But, then SunVapor and many others say they are awesome, so yes, very confusing!!

I am sort of happy right now though, my overall best tasting DSE801 atty was destined for the trash until I read the resurecting atty's post, (Basically poking a needle or paperclip in through the hole on the battery end in an attempt to realign the disks?), but wow, it continues to work wonderfully today - definitely worth a try.

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
The BE112 is, in my opinon after vaping with every 801 made over the last year, the best 801 on the market. Great draw, construction, and lifespan.

Sun

And Sun, how does the vapor production and throat hit of the BSE112 compare to the DSE801 in your opinion? I'm getting ready to place a big order with China, (big for me), but not sure if I wish to go with the standard DSE801's from Heaven Gifts or the BE112's from bestecig I believe it is.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
And Sun, how does the vapor production and throat hit of the BSE112 compare to the DSE801 in your opinion? I'm getting ready to place a big order with China, (big for me), but not sure if I wish to go with the standard DSE801's from Heaven Gifts or the BE112's from bestecig I believe it is.

For me VR--the draw, burn ratio, construction, thoat hit are all superior with the BE112 then any other Penstyle 801 I have ever used--and that is a all of them. I like them so much I have 400 of them for myself and they are not for sale and will never be for sale!!!

And there is not a dam think the FDA can do about that--!!!

Sun

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
And .. not to take the thread off track, but I've also been playing around with the ever so popular 510's but gosh, no matter what voltage I try, 3.7, 4.5, 5 or 6 I can't get even close to the oh so satisfying tasty, heavy cream like vapor I get with my 801 at 5V. Well, with most of my atty's that is :) That is the experience I wish to stay with and that DonDaBoom has me concerned about with the BE112's.

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
For me VR--the draw, burn ratio, construction, thoat hit are all superior with the BE112 then any other Penstyle 801 I have ever used--and that is a all of them. I like them so much I have 400 of them for myself and they are not for sale and will never be for sale!!!

And there is not a dam think the FDA can do about that--!!!

Sun

Ha ha. Ok, I guess I will just have to try them for myself. Sorry to sound semi wishy washy, I just try to order quite a few to offset the shipping cost. But if you have that many they can't be too horrible right? haha

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
And .. not to take the thread off track, but I've also been playing around with the ever so popular 510's but gosh, no matter what voltage I try, 3.7, 4.5, 5 or 6 I can't get even close to the oh so satisfying tasty, heavy cream like vapor I get with my 801 at 5V. Well, with most of my atty's that is :) That is the experience I wish to stay with and that DonDaBoom has me concerned about with the BE112's.

VR--Don is a nice fellow indead--but has not been vaping long enough to really know that (no strike against you Don--we like you buddy!!)--

But if you look at all the threads on Best BE112's --Don here is about the only one I ever saw saying they do not like them---Don must have had some nasty e-liquid;)

Sun

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Boge makes a 302, 4 hole and it is awesome. I have both Joye's 302 and Boge. Joye's is a 2 hole, and mine went pfttt pretty quick (I was using it to drip with on a Chuck).

I haven't tried a BE112 yet. I do have the RN4072 (low bridge, good long lasting attys some I've been running off and on for 5 months, the kit I started with). I also have SLB801 (high bridge) last long, but are problematic since they seem to flood and leak more.

Two questions for, Helen:
  1. Where can one buy a Boge 302?
  2. How would you describe (relative to other penstyles) the vapor, throat hit, and flavor of the RN4072 atty?
Thanks!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
VR--Don is a nice fellow indead--but has not been vaping long enough to really know that (no strike against you Don--we like you buddy!!)--

But if you look at all the threads on Best BE112's --Don here is about the only one I ever saw saying they do not like them---Don must have had some nasty e-liquid;)

Sun

I stepped away for an hour or so to watch some TV with my wife ... and I see this discussion has pitted my opinion against Sun's. In retrospect, I regret my bald statement that I hate the BE112 atty, especially without providing caveats.

[People who have read my Wonderful World of Vaping thread may have come to view me as some kind of expert. I'm just a tireless gatherer of the wisdom of others (and a singer of songs, of course:D). If I am any kind of expert, it is as generalist. The preparation of that guide gave me a fairly good overview of vaping, but my personal experience is as limited and jaundiced as anyone who has been vaping for five months.]

To clarify: I am quite disappointed with the three BE112 attys I received a few days ago. However, that is an extremely small sample. I suspect that I may have received a substandard batch - not of juice, which vapes great on my other models - but of attys. [I can't even be sure they are BE112 (there are no markings on the battery end, unlike the "SLB...BE...86379" engraved on an old DSE801 sitting on my desk).]

Sun is correct that I have less vaping experience than he ... especially with the BE112. On this issue, his opinion should be given more weight (certainly when he says such things as "Don is a nice fellow";)).

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Don--you know we all think the highest of you!!! Just check out the threads on here about the BE112--they also seem to do the best on the higher voltage 5-6 volt units as well. I hardly ever state my opinion on what people should buy---but when it comes to atomizers and all the work we have done in the Experimenting Section, I can not refrain from boasting the BE112.

Sun

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Two questions for, Helen:
  1. Where can one buy a Boge 302?
  2. How would you describe (relative to other penstyles) the vapor, throat hit, and flavor of the RN4072 atty?
Thanks!

Hi Don,
BTW, VaporSpot has BE112 for a good price ($6.50) Never ordered from them, so I have nooo idea about the company. It is possible you got a bad one the first time?
E-cigarette-BE112

I liked the RNs, but stopped looking for them when I found the 302. I ordered from Boge in bulk directly. You'd have to ask Suppliers who carry the 302 if they are 4 hole (Boge) or 2 hole (Joye) to determine what you are getting before you order.

Ask EastMall what atty they are carrying these days. The low bridge 4 hole (black with silver band) they sold months ago seems to be identical to my Boge attys (they are short, wide low bridge, 4 hole and no marks). Ask Di or Ed in their forum or at support@EastMall.net .

Totally Wicked's penstyle atty is low bridge and performs like a champ. They've lasted a long time and give good vapor. The 5 pack is a decent deal and there is a 7.5% discount coupon out there for their site. I'm not sure what they are (seem to be a RN?) and I think they are 3 hole (very small draw holes formed at the very top of the threads that are hard to see, may be 4 even) and no identification marks on them.

Hope that helps? Really, any low bridge for an 801 is pretty wonderful I think. However... I've yet to try a BE112 so that's next for me. Report back if you get them again. After Sun raving about them, makes me want to try a bunch!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Hi Don,
BTW, VaporSpot has BE112 for a good price ($6.50) Never ordered from them, so I have nooo idea about the company. It is possible you got a bad one the first time?
E-cigarette-BE112

I liked the RNs, but stopped looking for them when I found the 302. I ordered from Boge in bulk directly. You'd have to ask Suppliers who carry the 302 if they are 4 hole (Boge) or 2 hole (Joye) to determine what you are getting before you order.

Ask EastMall what atty they are carrying these days. The low bridge 4 hole (black with silver band) they sold months ago seems to be identical to my Boge attys (they are short, wide low bridge, 4 hole and no marks). Ask Di or Ed in their forum or at support@EastMall.net .

Totally Wicked's penstyle atty is low bridge and performs like a champ. They've lasted a long time and give good vapor. The 5 pack is a decent deal and there is a 7.5% discount coupon out there for their site. I'm not sure what they are (seem to be a RN?) and I think they are 3 hole (very small draw holes formed at the very top of the threads that are hard to see, may be 4 even) and no identification marks on them.

Hope that helps? Really, any low bridge for an 801 is pretty wonderful I think. However... I've yet to try a BE112 so that's next for me. Report back if you get them again. After Sun raving about them, makes me want to try a bunch!

Thank you, Helen, for your rapid and in-depth response!

Actually, the three attys were from VaporSpot. No complaint at all about her service and prices (excellent). The items received (including a BE112 passthrough) performed poorly. And her stock at the moment is barren (the announcement on the home page says she'll be getting a replenishment in a week).

My own experience with a 5-pack of 801 attys from TW was quite negative - 2 were DOA, the others pooped out quickly.

The next time I can scrape up enough cash to justify an order from EastMall, I'll try their 801 attys. [I'm lusting after their $75 five-pack of marble-colored complete ecigs (5 attys - 5 batts). Unfortunately that color is not offered in smaller quantities.]

In the meantime, I think I'll do one or more of:
  • Give e-smokeytreats attys a try. GrimmGreen has raved about them.
  • Order a 4-hole RN4072 atty and a 3-hole 801 atty from Puresmoker and compare.
  • Buy an M201 from LiteCigUSA. I've read good things about it. It's not compatible with the 801/4072/112/302 or with my Prodigy, but I've got these three BE112 attys to keep my 801 batts entertained.
  • Give up on the penstyle and stick with my new 510 (which I'm liking more and more).
Oh ... I don't know!:(

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Although most pen styles fit each, I've noticed on more than one occasion that certain batteries will block the airflow of certain atomizers. So if you can, check it out first.

Yep. Njoys NCIG (DSE801) attys and batts seems to have changed again. I got a new NCIG starter kit for someone and none of the older batteries work with the new attys. I only know this because I decided to pull a fast one and keep the new atty for myself as a "spare" and gave the batteries away to my pal plus an older NCIG atty which was fine. Well the new batteries won't work with an older NCIG atty so I had to give up my precious atty:mad: I tell you it's a minefield out there.
@Don: Get a M201. You'll be using the 801 as a back-up...it will end up on a dusty shelf. There is simply nothing like the consistent powerful throat hit and vapor from the M201. I'm a convert after vaping 801's for way too long. Now if only I could find a manual switch and a USB passthrough for that 201...but that's no biggie. I'm happy.

Last edited:

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
Just to chime in, and with no disrespect to DonDaBoom, who's intro to ecig smoking by the way, I found invaluable - I went ahead and ordered some BE112's from Bestecig. Figured the only way I will know for sure is to give them a try myself.

On a side note I am still impressed with the Jaxx's (sp?) method of resurrecting an atty. That one I was about to throw out a few days back is still going strong, and another that was drawing very hard, even after a good soak is now also back to normal. Must just be the disk alignment or something?

Anyhow, thanks for all the advice. This forum is just loaded with great stuff - great for vaping that is, horrible for the finances, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread