Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Just to chime in, and with no disrespect to DonDaBoom, who's intro to ecig smoking by the way, I found invaluable - I went ahead and ordered some BE112's from Bestecig. Figured the only way I will know for sure is to give them a try myself...

No disrespect taken. It certainly seems that my disappointing experience is the exception.

And thanks for the compliment!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Don--to tell you the truth--I do not think you got BE112's. Did you by direct from BEST or someone else.

Sun

I got them from The Vapor Spot, Sun. Deborah (aka BlueEyes) Kelly and her husband Michael have excellent prices and provide very good service. No complaints at all on that front. Their website describes them as "micro importer and retailer of Personal Vaporizers from the Chineese manufacturer bestecig.com."

So I would be quite surprised if what I received was not a Best ecig product. [FYI: There was nothing engraved on the battery end of the attys.]

My comparison has been to about 25 DSE801 attys from Rocky Mountain Vapor, Totally Wicked, and Puresmoker. The complaint I've had about those 801 attys has been their quality control: when they work, they work great (much better than the three BE112s I got), but I've had DOAs and poop outs after only a couple days.

Still in search of the "perfect" penstyle.

sachiaiko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
Rainier, WA
I dont remember who above mentioned wanting to purchase single marble 801's from Eastmall, but i figured i'd mention they ARE currently selling the Marble Color 801 Atty's at Eastmall individually, but i didn't notice any Batteries. The Marble would look really neat with a black bat maybe though, its a possibility.

Just thought i'd mention that :)

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
Well, I got my BE 112's from Best Ecig yesterday and I have to say, it does, in my opinion, definitely put out more vapor or better (stronger?) hit. I hate to talk them up too much yet as I've only tried the one and only for today ... but a noticeable difference to me.

A couple of observations, first my DSE801's are all from Heaven Gifts and they are stamped with "SLB BE 4873" on the battery end, (at least the one I got the reading glasses out for is :) ). As DonDaBoom stated, the BE 112's have no discern-able markings on them what so ever. Standing the two up on end the BE 112 is definitely shorter, maybe a millimeter or two at most but without a doubt shorter. Also, looking into the end, the actual atomizer (coil, bridge etc) are further down or closer to the battery with the BE 112 than with the DSE 801, (high bridge vs low bridge I guess?).

And, as others have pointed out the BE 112 has a harder draw to it, have not tried the Jaaxx method yet. Not a difficult draw but noticeably tighter.

But yes, I kept swapping back and forth between the two and without doubt the BE 112 consistently gave me a more solid hit. However, the jury is still out regarding pure flavor. I'm not saying the BE 112 has less, (or more), and of course this is completely subjective with so many varialbes but the BE 112 seemed almost closer to the 510 I'd been playing around with, not as harsh but ... with a more solid hit not as cool perhaps as the DSE 801. Perhaps in between I guess.

Well, this is of course just my opinion but I wanted to get back on this thread and let you guys know my first impressions. Obviously time will tell more but so far I like the BE 112's very much.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
VR--IMO--after using every 801 on the market and using the BE112 for over 9 months ---the BE112 is simply a better atomizer--draw, vapor, hit, life--you name it. I still think, although can not say for sure that Don actually got BE112's, but he is the only person on this board who I have ever see state that they did not like them.

Sun

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
VR--IMO--after using every 801 on the market and using the BE112 for over 9 months ---the BE112 is simply a better atomizer--draw, vapor, hit, life--you name it. I still think, although can not say for sure that Don actually got BE112's, but he is the only person on this board who I have ever see state that they did not like them.

Sun

Well, I am glad I have given them a try, I like them a lot so far. Without any markings it is hard to discern what you're really getting but that's why I tried to point out that at least my BE 112's are a bit shorter so that maybe Don can compare.

Yep, thanks for the referral :) they seem to hit the spot for sure. The only downside I have is they didn't come with whistle tips, durn it, haha. So, after shrinking a couple others in an IPA soak, (note to self: don't put the whistle tips in IPA!) I'm down to one between the three atty's I currently have going!

One other quick item, has anyone tried the Jaaxx method on the BE 112's? Not that I need too, (yet?), just curious as they ride much lower in the tube and my handy paper clip is bent to just the right length for the DSE 801's.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com

Sun

Sun is correct. For whatever reason, my limited experience with the BE112 is not typical. I shall retire from the field (i.e., I shan't be p*ssing and moaning about my couple BE112 attys anymore, but I will continue to mouth off on other topics.;)).

And I'd like to take this opportunity to praise Deborah Kelly at The Vapor Spot.:thumb: She spotted my tale of woe in this thread and wrote to me, offering to refund my money (without my ever asking her for it). Since I have been using and am continuing to use those attys, I declined her gracious offer for the atty portion of my purchase.

I did tell her that I wanted to return the BE112 passthrough (amazingly low priced), which performance was extrememly disappointing. But she wouldn't let me send it back. She's just going to refund the cost of it. Pretty special, huh?:)

So, to every penstyle user who is not DonDaBoomVape, go check out The Vapor Spot!

I dont remember who above mentioned wanting to purchase single marble 801's from Eastmall, but i figured i'd mention they ARE currently selling the Marble Color 801 Atty's at Eastmall individually, but i didn't notice any Batteries. The Marble would look really neat with a black bat maybe though, its a possibility.

Just thought i'd mention that :)

That was I*, Sachi. Thanks for the info! It's the total look I want. So unless/until they start offering individual marble batts, I'll save my pennies for the five-pack of compete 801s.
* That sounds stilted, doesn't it. It is correct English, you know. I just can't bring myself to say "that was me" in writing. [In speaking, I'm as colloquial as the next guy.]

Knock, knock. Who's there. It is I who am here.:cool: [My father taught me that one. He was even wierder than I (me?).]

lhaddix

Dec 13, 2009
Berea, Kentucky
My BE112's from Best E Cig came in today. Dang!!! is all I can say.
I'm a newbie and I've been vaping a 510 at 24mg and liking it for a couple weeks. I'm down to just a few analogs per day, but still using them. I thought crap, now I'm addicted to both. If I held my hits from the 510 and vaped for about 30 mins I could nearly satisfy my nic craving. I just tried the BE112 with an auto battery and 36mg MB juice, thinking this is going to taste like Chinese socks. I was surprised It vapes like a fog machine. Even if I hold the hits I stil get vapor out. Also at 36mg 10 minutes of vaping and I began to get a Nicotine headache. I looked at my cigs, gagged and threw them behind my desk. I know auto batteries aren't the rage, but I can tap on bang on this guy and not get an accidental discharge. This is going to be handy in the car. I just got 5 more bats and attys and adaptor for the SB I have coming. Can't wait to make 36mg coconut, caramel, or something less sock like. Even so the Best e Cig 36mg MB isn't too bad.

Dec 24, 2009
NV
  • Deleted by j0ker
  • Reason: Spammer

embryo

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
west of Ft. Worth, Texas, USA
One other quick item, has anyone tried the Jaaxx method on the BE 112's? Not that I need too, (yet?), just curious as they ride much lower in the tube and my handy paper clip is bent to just the right length for the DSE 801's.

I'd also be interested in hearing if this resurrection method works on a BE112 atty, and what (if any) differences there may be in the procedure.

anyone?....anyone?....Beuhler?

Oh...and the BE112 also is near to my heart for giving me a good enough alternative to analogues!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I know I replied on this thread last night. Apparently my brain is Gone with the Vapor and I closed the tab without posting.

Don, if you change your mind about the totally marble look, a black atty looks good with a marble batt. I got my starter kit at EastMall and knew I needed more than 1 atty but they only had marble as part of the kit. (Black with a red batt would probably also look nice.) Also, I don't see the 5/5/$75 offer there. Must be a thing of the past.

I spent most of yesterday reading about e-cigs and the more I learn, the more confused I get. Realizing that I need more than 2 batts and 4 attys, I finally figured out that I'm definitely buying additional batts & attys for my 801 plus a 501... unless I get only attys for the 801 and buy a Prodigy or Protege to power that plus the 501... or I could skip the 501 and buy both 801 batts and attys and a Prodigy/Protege.

Which brings me back to the subject of this thread -- compatibility with 801s. Are you all saying that, in theory at least, the Joy 302, DSE 801, RN 4072 and the BE 112 are interchangeable? I could make a Frankenstein's monster e-cig comprised of a 302 cart, a 112 atty, 801 adapter, a Prodigy and have spare parts from a 4072 hanging around to replace any of the above?

I think my head might finally explode from dealing with all the new variables in my purchasing decision but knowledge is good.

smoke.gif
==>
joint.gif

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
My BE112's from Best E Cig came in today. Dang!!! is all I can say.
I'm a newbie and I've been vaping a 510 at 24mg and liking it for a couple weeks. I'm down to just a few analogs per day, but still using them. I thought crap, now I'm addicted to both. If I held my hits from the 510 and vaped for about 30 mins I could nearly satisfy my nic craving. I just tried the BE112 with an auto battery and 36mg MB juice, thinking this is going to taste like Chinese socks. I was surprised It vapes like a fog machine.
You have just discovered the under-recognized wonders of the penstyle! I happen to prefer the DSE801 and M201 over the BE112 (but don't tell Sun, because he'll yell at me:oops:). And I've just placed an order for my first Joye302 (highly recommended by Hellen A Handbasket). But I'll vape any penstyle over any other atomizer (although GreenCig carts on a Kr8 battery are wonderful for my 0 nicotine, pacifier vaping).

...Don, if you change your mind about the totally marble look, a black atty looks good with a marble batt. I got my starter kit at EastMall and knew I needed more than 1 atty but they only had marble as part of the kit. (Black with a red batt would probably also look nice.) Also, I don't see the 5/5/$75 offer there. Must be a thing of the past.
Yep. It's now 3fers: 3 attys for $17.70 and 3 batts for $25.50; and I don't see any bulk prices on kits.

...Which brings me back to the subject of this thread -- compatibility with 801s. Are you all saying that, in theory at least, the Joy 302, DSE 801, RN 4072 and the BE 112 are interchangeable? I could make a Frankenstein's monster e-cig comprised of a 302 cart, a 112 atty, 801 adapter, a Prodigy and have spare parts from a 4072 hanging around to replace any of the above?
Forget "theory." All those models are compatible and interchangable. [The M201 atty is the only penstyle that won't work on those others batteries. Its battery works with their attys however.]

If you think that is a Frankenstein's monster, you should see my 801 atomizer + adapter + XL 380 mAh Kr8 battery! Now that is a long e-cig. Vapes like a champ though.

Extremeodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2009
Ive been using 6-7 be112s since march of 09, every single one still works to some extent. Some are unusable but will hiss and glow red hooked to a battery however they all work. I got 2 801s from some site (dont remeber which) one blew when my juice box shorted and stayed on until the coil blew (melted the box!!!) and the other I had got a horrible, horrible taste and I lost it in the 2 months of no use. Havent had one single analog since the end of march thanks to bestecig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread