PHOENiX™ BC XL 1.5ml stop working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
I have the PHOENiX™ BottomCoil XL 1.5ml Cartomizer 2.4-2.6ohm -808's. Really prefer them to the FLüXomizer™ CE2 SUPREME CLEAR 808's 2.8-3.0. Much cooler.
BUT
I vape at 60:40. Just cleaned my first batch of 4 by soaking in PGA. Two of the four won't vape:mad:, two work OK. :)
One other NEW carto quit with liquid well above the coil/wick.:(
That's 3 out 0f 5 went bad. Anyone else having these problems?

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
I have not had them go bad on me....are you positive the bottom connector pin is not out of position? I had to jostle one a bit to get it to work on the itaste. Would not fire at all until I moved the pin. Still using mine from the original box.

Thanks, but I don't understand. I tore one apart but didn't see a connector pin. There's a base with the coil, a tube that pushes into that and that's it. The coil is firmly attached to the base, like a filament of a light bulb, not a press fit.

Turning the head upside down, the center piece, which has a screw head appearance, seems to be tight with no movement. The tube is a press fit into the base and is/was seated so no movement there. When you said "jostle" I thought the coil might actually plug into the base, but, after pulling a coil out of the base, I see it is firmly attached. The coil actually unravels to the point the wick slides easily through the remaining wind of the destroyed coil.

After reading another post, I tried to scuff up the screw looking center where it makes contact with the battery center post. No help.

Houston, perhaps we have a problem in the manufacturing. At $1.79 each I guess its to be expected, but, is a drag(pun intended) to fill, then have to drain good ejuice, then disassemble, poke around, re-assemble, fill with PG and try again.. Messy too. As these are new, for 808's, I hope they will get better. I have 4 other boxes to go through! If this continues to be the failure rate, I will need to find another product!

View attachment 110756

Additional thoughts:

I FlavorPuff a lot, like smoking a pipe. Maybe I am over heating the coil and need to change either to the higher ohm coil or change my method of smoking. Higher ohm coils might handle more current /heat.

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
@paddymx,

I'm going to reword what reez_az just said...

Turn your Phoenix upside down so you are looking at the bottom connector that you screw into the PV. The center that I believe you described as having a screw appearance... is the connector pin also refered to as a post by some. This pin should be extended from the base slightly in order that it makes a connection, these can get pushed in too much or it is also possible that the connection on your PV may be sitting to low .... both situations can result in the vaporizer ( atty/carto/clearo/tank ) not firing for lack of a connection.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
Today, 12:28 AM

REET_AZ &rdsok.....Thanks!

Houston, we have lift off!
:cool:

Upon reflection, I get a lot of condensation on my Batt. post so I am wiping it a lot. The constant screwing/un-screwing must be pushing in the cart center post. Just added this to my arsenal of tricks. Thanks Again !

EDIT: at least I only destroyed one cart. This forum rocks!:thumbs:

EDIT: Thought I'd add a picture for others:
View attachment 110816
Here's a link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread