Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I bought the clone for the same reason, original was extremely OVER PRICED. Tried the CLR coil with adapter, and had the tank dump all its juice. I figured if it leaked like that with a CLR, I would not want anymore frustration, so I shelved the Pico.
Clone for me as well but it works well w the clr

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Yeah, I'm running Calix V2, Phenomenon lite and KFMV3s right now and they are easy peasy and the flavor is stellar. I simply kept the Pico to run CLR coils when I feel like it and retired any building on it for all the reasons you point out above.

Clr are
Pretty good in here. Since I got s couple of the 1:2 clones and a ton of
Parts from a. Friend who was going to run them but didn't and sold me s gang of clr stuff for not much money. I will use that all for the same thing. I've tried a ton of disposable
Coils and none are s good as the clr. Their build is ok. Rebuild my way for me is great. I rewick right out of the box as their wick tastes awful to me.

How do
You find the kfmv3? I've been looking for
One used to run in a 19mm ego one battery (1100mah) but if I
Could find a decent mech that size
I'd jump On it. I even debated getting s clone to
Try which I
Don't so much any more. I guess there are some pretty good ones but I
Don't k ow which.

I don't really know
Much about the calls. Is that his or
Gg or ? Isn't that the one with the carto build inside? A friend has one but we've never discussed it.

FYI - if you run temp
Control or had a bad experience and gave up on it due to anemic vape. True he nife 48 from here. Best temp material I've used by far. Sounds like we have a similar vape style. I find nickel. Titanium. And SS of all grades to
Be a poor experience in temp
Control. Compared to w good kanthal build that never dries out.

NiFe48 - Zivipf Onlineshop

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I bought the clone for the same reason, original was extremely OVER PRICED. Tried the CLR coil with adapter, and had the tank dump all its juice. I figured if it leaked like that with a CLR, I would not want anymore frustration, so I shelved the Pico.

O ring issue. That's not a defiant thing. The gender adaptor is a little
Loose on the clone. If you got the 3f clone which included the gender changer you have to make sure you run the pico o ring not the clr o ring. The clr o ring goes inside the gender changer and pads it up the little extra it needs. If it keaks then it's either a wicking issue or a base seal. If it's coming out the air holes it's a wicking issue.

So

Pico thick o ring
Gender changer
Inside gender changer clr o ring.

I can post a picture if you want. Also
Make sure you close the AFC when you fill. It's a tiny tank that's pressurized. It will
Screw it up To
Fill with AFC open.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Clr are
Pretty good in here. Since I got s couple of the 1:2 clones and a ton of
Parts from a. Friend who was going to run them but didn't and sold me s gang of clr stuff for not much money. I will use that all for the same thing. I've tried a ton of disposable
Coils and none are s good as the clr. Their build is ok. Rebuild my way for me is great. I rewick right out of the box as their wick tastes awful to me.

How do
You find the kfmv3? I've been looking for
One used to run in a 19mm ego one battery (1100mah) but if I
Could find a decent mech that size
I'd jump On it. I even debated getting s clone to
Try which I
Don't so much any more. I guess there are some pretty good ones but I
Don't k ow which.

I don't really know
Much about the calls. Is that his or
Gg or ? Isn't that the one with the carto build inside? A friend has one but we've never discussed it.

FYI - if you run temp
Control or had a bad experience and gave up on it due to anemic vape. True he nife 48 from here. Best temp material I've used by far. Sounds like we have a similar vape style. I find nickel. Titanium. And SS of all grades to
Be a poor experience in temp
Control. Compared to w good kanthal build that never dries out.

NiFe48 - Zivipf Onlineshop

I buy a lot of clone stuff from FT but understand not everyone likes clone stuff.

I have the KFMV3 from there and it performs great. One of my favs at the moment and dirt cheap:
$10.41 Kayfun Mini V3 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The Calix V2 is an RTA and IS my fav at the moment. Great flavor and features. Also bought the clone of it:
$20.87 Calix V2 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / 304 stainless steel + PC / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I haven't done temp yet but have some SS coming in to try out. Some have said it performs well in the KFMV3 so going to try out. What is the material you are speaking about, I think some text got messed up via auto correct :)

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I buy a lot of clone stuff from FT but understand not everyone likes clone stuff.

I have the KFMV3 from there and it performs great. One of my favs at the moment and dirt cheap:
$10.41 Kayfun Mini V3 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The Calix V2 is an RTA and IS my fav at the moment. Great flavor and features. Also bought the clone of it:
$20.87 Calix V2 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / 304 stainless steel + PC / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I haven't done temp yet but have some SS coming in to try out. Some have said it performs well in the KFMV3 so going to try out. What is the material you are speaking about, I think some text got messed up via auto correct :)

Hmm
If You haven't had weird issues with those tanks I may get them to try then. The trouble is I have a bunch of authentics that are great. I'm not opposed to clones due to ethics or
Morality for others. What happened to
Me was I kept ordering clone after clone after clone. And I constantly had issues. I bought a taifun gt2 and t was so much nicer than the considered outstanding clone I decided I'd buy and sell authentics which doesn't really cost more
Outside of initial Purchase. If you buy sensibly. What ends up happening in reality is you don't sell stuff. You just keep buying more ;).

I bought three cloud one clones. I had an issue with one of them. I thought the other two had it. $75. Then I bought the authentic cuz I thought I had issues. They don't. Lol. Maybe I can sell two
Unused clones for $45 or something. Anyway a in that case the v2 is nicer than the v1 and the tank itself is so Good that I don't mind paying for it. Hell are you in the USA ? Maybe I'll send
You one Of them. To one of my favorite tanks
Right now. The clone is very good version of v1. And again one run and the good clone was gone. Parts are interchangeable from
The one to authentic and vice versa. As a result I'll buy a five
Pack of tanks.

So good clones I'm fine with. What gets old
Is Spending hundreds on stuff that sucks. I feel the quality of clones is on the rise big time. Due to
Returns and retailers having to send out fixes. They're demanding better. What I don't want is to even spend $10 on a tank that I then have to find I rings for. Or that has a juice fill that does t quite line up. Etc.

And honestly I'm getting to the point where I won't buy from Anyone - clones or authentic - if they don't contribute financially and intellectually to the vape community with advocacy. That would be one thing for me that would make me buy authentic or choose one brand over another.

Pm me if you're interested in a c1 clone. I sanitize and ultrasonic clean all the stuff j send out. The clones are $25 316 1:1 v1 - metal and plastic tank. The new c1 clones apparently aren't very good. Not sure about the FASTTECh ones. Maybe if you have other clones you no longer want we can do some clone swaps since we vape the same way and most don't !

My authentics list - you can see why I don't bother with clones unless they're great. And I will be selling some of these.

Cloud one v2
GP HnP - heron v2 and paps v4 "seamless" combo
GP piccoloid - spheroid v4 and paps 16 mm seamless combo
Mark bugs gem v1 and wae DNA 30
Mark bugs titanium gem
Taifun gt2
2x Mark bugs chalice v3 bfa
P3 kabuki
510 kabuki

The best clones so far are he c1 clones the origin v3 dripper for $8 on FASTTECh is amazing. And the bottom feed pin from the authentic ($15) fits. If you want a dripper or bfa and don't want to
Spend a lot get this combo.

If you have any recommendations for mech mods that are very very good ( smoke buttons good threads etc) please advise. I have a hard time
Paying $100+ for a metal tube but aside from
The lpg from
FASTTECh j have had horrible luck with poor threads. Weird shorting, slicing batteries. In aching for some good mech clones.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Hmm
If You haven't had weird issues with those tanks I may get them to try then. The trouble is I have a bunch of authentics that are great. I'm not opposed to clones due to ethics or
Morality for others. What happened to
Me was I kept ordering clone after clone after clone. And I constantly had issues. I bought a taifun gt2 and t was so much nicer than the considered outstanding clone I decided I'd buy and sell authentics which doesn't really cost more
Outside of initial Purchase. If you buy sensibly. What ends up happening in reality is you don't sell stuff. You just keep buying more ;).

Ha, I can imagine. I won't say the clones don't have issues. I've had to lube and work some crunchy threads but nothing over the top but that's just me and may bug the crap out of you :)

I bought three cloud one clones. I had an issue with one of them. I thought the other two had it. $75. Then I bought the authentic cuz I thought I had issues. They don't. Lol. Maybe I can sell two
Unused clones for $45 or something. Anyway a in that case the v2 is nicer than the v1 and the tank itself is so Good that I don't mind paying for it. Hell are you in the USA ? Maybe I'll send
You one Of them. To one of my favorite tanks
Right now. The clone is very good version of v1. And again one run and the good clone was gone. Parts are interchangeable from
The one to authentic and vice versa. As a result I'll buy a five
Pack of tanks.

Thanks for the heads up, hadn't heard of the CloudOne and definitely looks like my style of tank!

So good clones I'm fine with. What gets old
Is Spending hundreds on stuff that sucks. I feel the quality of clones is on the rise big time. Due to
Returns and retailers having to send out fixes. They're demanding better. What I don't want is to even spend $10 on a tank that I then have to find I rings for. Or that has a juice fill that does t quite line up. Etc.

And honestly I'm getting to the point where I won't buy from Anyone - clones or authentic - if they don't contribute financially and intellectually to the vape community with advocacy. That would be one thing for me that would make me buy authentic or choose one brand over another.

Word!

Pm me if you're interested in a c1 clone. I sanitize and ultrasonic clean all the stuff j send out. The clones are $25 316 1:1 v1 - metal and plastic tank. The new c1 clones apparently aren't very good. Not sure about the FASTTECh ones. Maybe if you have other clones you no longer want we can do some clone swaps since we vape the same way and most don't !

My authentics list - you can see why I don't bother with clones unless they're great. And I will be selling some of these.

Cloud one v2
GP HnP - heron v2 and paps v4 "seamless" combo
GP piccoloid - spheroid v4 and paps 16 mm seamless combo
Mark bugs gem v1 and wae DNA 30
Mark bugs titanium gem
Taifun gt2
2x Mark bugs chalice v3 bfa
P3 kabuki
510 kabuki

That is a great list. I had the Gem V1 clone and LOVED the vape off it but it started jumping ohms, found out it is a common issue with the clone which has a 510 pin that is too short and then the threads on the 510 base stripped out :(

The Heron V2 is one I would love to get a clone of to try out.

The best clones so far are he c1 clones the origin v3 dripper for $8 on FASTTECh is amazing. And the bottom feed pin from the authentic ($15) fits. If you want a dripper or bfa and don't want to
Spend a lot get this combo.

If you have any recommendations for mech mods that are very very good ( smoke buttons good threads etc) please advise. I have a hard time
Paying $100+ for a metal tube but aside from
The lpg from
FASTTECh j have had horrible luck with poor threads. Weird shorting, slicing batteries. In aching for some good mech clones.

Sadly no, mechs are not my expertise for sure. I've got a Turtleship clone coming from FT but I'm a regulated mod guy for the most part.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Ha, I can imagine. I won't say the clones don't have issues. I've had to lube and work some crunchy threads but nothing over the top but that's just me and may bug the crap out of you :)

Thanks for the heads up, hadn't heard of the CloudOne and definitely looks like my style of tank!

Word!

That is a great list. I had the Gem V1 clone and LOVED the vape off it but it started jumping ohms, found out it is a common issue with the clone which has a 510 pin that is too short and then the threads on the 510 base stripped out :(

The Heron V2 is one I would love to get a clone of to try out.

Sadly no, mechs are not my expertise for sure. I've got a Turtleship clone coming from FT but I'm a regulated mod guy for the most part.

I read s fix for the clone of the gem is s kayfun center pin. From the lite I believe.

The authentic gems have taken to the back of my list lately mom going to sell the ti and the always just died. Mark bugs have he worst support in he industry.

Glad you like my list

Gotta help out above. For anyone who bought one of these from 3F. Let him know. I'd send him line but I'm still experimenting. I know s lot of you bought them but didn't love them. Unfortunately the pico is s lot of trade offs and kind of s pain to build but they work slightly better with the clr adapter than the tiny ego tanks do.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois

Mine leaked also on initial filling of tank until i learned this from another forum member and its been leak free vaping exclusively for several weeks now.
This o-ring#1 must be put inside the clr top cap adapter and screwed down tight and when i did that the tank no longer leaked anything.
Your o-ring is probably clear and is the thicker one exact same as one under drip tip as there are a few thin ones in the bag that will not work .
pico.jpg

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Mine leaked also on initial filling of tank until i learned this from another forum member and its been leak free vaping exclusively for several weeks now.
This o-ring#1 must be put inside the clr top cap adapter and screwed down tight and when i did that the tank no longer leaked anything.
Your o-ring is probably clear and is the thicker one exact same as one under drip tip as there are a few thin ones in the bag that will not work .
View attachment 652931

I wrote that almost a year a go, thanks for the followup. So basically you are saying use the 2nd "spare" oring that is originally designed for the top of the little chamber adapter.

Hooligan's reply long a go, (top of this page) was to use the oring from the top of the CLR coil, the part you unscrew and not use. I never tried that.

My clone has "BLACK" oring, not clear. I saw a comparison video review, that showed a clear oring on top of the adapter, but that was on a newer updated version, the Pico "S"! My clone was from the original model, they changed a few things after some complaints and improved it, supposedly.

What I don't understand is why you would need a 2nd undocumented oring as a hack, when the CLR adapter screws on top of coil, I would assume the threads would make the seal. Not sure how a whole tank could dump its juice in that tight space between the threads of the coil and the inside of the adapter, but it's worth a try. THANKS!

Reactions: Dieseler

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
My pico-s dump all the e-liquid until i put that thick o-ring under the clr adapter believe me try it.
Have gone thru over 2 dozen tank fills and it does not leak because of it.
I thought the same that the threads would make the seal but its the o-ring that does and keeps the tank properly pressurized.

Try it and please post back afterwards , dont forget to close the ring on bottom before filling it then open it and be surprised as me what that o- ring does.

Reactions: Mactavish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread