Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Don't recognize the XC-213, but kind of remember XC-116 and XC-132 as being associated with RxW from rba Supplies way back when (2013/2014). It's like Jeremy couldn't make up his mind what to call it, designation or size as 2mm also became 1.7mm, 3mm became 2.7mm, etc. But the 4mm remained 4mm AFAIK. My first bought came from his rba Supplies outfit, last was under a his new name Vapepour LLC, both in the greater Columbus area of Ohio.
XC-116 and XC-132, yes that’s what it was called.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
XC-116 and XC-132, yes that’s what it was called.
Sounds like you have either the 1.7mm or 2.7mm, or both. If their size of coils work for your vaping style they would probably work just fine for you in the Coral 2. My DL style dictates that I prefer big wick and big sub ohm coils, hence the 4mm RxW being my first choice. But the 2.7mm worked just fine for me in smaller footprint atty's as well way back when I used them..

• Informative
Reactions: madstabber

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Had a squonk mod back in 2014 and didn't care for the mess and sold it to a friend, but I've been following squonk threads off and on for quite a while on ECF and they seem to have improved quite a bit since then so started taking a serious look again.

This time my criteria is a bit different though. I need a pretty clean squonker and I need decent TC with SS316L. Since I've been using a couple of Picos as my workhorse mods for the last 2 years I have no doubt they did a reasonable job of regulation and TC. But the sales on this got me. How could I not get one in to satisfy my curiosity at that price right? Seems to me that most of the chatter here has been positive with the odd niggle thrown in, so I'm really looking forward to this mod. I'll give the Coral 2 a try and if not happy with it probably try the Drop Solo next. But all in all, pretty pumped to give this one a try and see.

I appreciate all the feedback here, especially the sales price posts that pushed me over the edge, but I have a quick question. Where can I get the bottle top SS hardware from, haven't had much luck finding them. I see bottles are easy to get , but it seems not so easy for the SS bottle parts. I'd really like about 4 spares sets for different flavors ready to go.

Maybe contact them a support@eleaf.com and see if they sell it as a replacement part.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I appreciate all the feedback here, especially the sales price posts that pushed me over the edge, but I have a quick question. Where can I get the bottle top SS hardware from, haven't had much luck finding them. I see bottles are easy to get , but it seems not so easy for the SS bottle parts. I'd really like about 4 spares sets for different flavors ready to go.

The bottles are proprietary where the top sleeve of the SS cap is offset from center of cap so as to not put any stress on the SS feed tube. The so called replacement SS parts for the Squeeze 2 I saw way back when are not 1:1 to the originals. Their caps top sleeve is centered. Other issues about them were mentioned but I don't remember what they were. FWIW.

Centered cap sleeve of so called replacements... the sleeve is off center and closer to the outside of the cap on the originals.
PS2clonecap.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: Eskie

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Sounds like you have either the 1.7mm or 2.7mm, or both. If their size of coils work for your vaping style they would probably work just fine for you in the Coral 2. My DL style dictates that I prefer big wick and big sub ohm coils, hence the 4mm RxW being my first choice. But the 2.7mm worked just fine for me in smaller footprint atty's as well way back when I used them..
I think I have the 2.7mm and I’m gonna try it out. If I do like it I will probably buy some 4mm to try that as well. Thanks for all the information about this stuff Spydie, much appreciated.

• Winner
Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I think I have the 2.7mm and I’m gonna try it out. If I do like it I will probably buy some 4mm to try that as well. Thanks for all the information about this stuff Spydie, much appreciated.

A little extra info that might be useful... There was always a lot of debate over what size anvil to wrap the coils on for RxW. Sized to assure a good solid contact between the coil/wick, but not so tight that it collapses the hollow center of the wick was the goal. RBA recommended a 2.78mm coil (7/64") for the 3mm/2.7mm version. But the general consensus of users for that size RxW varied from something between a 3/32" and 7/64" drill rod. And some simply used a Q-Tip shank and got by just fine. The smaller the anvil the harder it is to "screw" the braided wick into the coil without unraveling it. Pay attention to which direction the coils "threads" dictate as being to screw in verses screw out. You can help that along with a small piece of kitchen cling wrap that is wrapped around the end of the wick then twisted tight past the wick to make a longer point to feed it thru the coil with. Once threaded is easily slips off the wick. I also did my wicking with a long length of RxW, then cut it to the length needed for the atty after it was threaded into the coil.

Hope it works out for you as well as the 3mm & 4mm RxW always did for me.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Don't recognize the XC-213, but kind of remember XC-116 and XC-132 as being associated with RxW from RBA Supplies way back when (2013/2014). It's like Jeremy couldn't make up his mind what to call it, designation or size as 2mm also became 1.7mm, 3mm became 2.7mm, etc. But the 4mm remained 4mm AFAIK. My first bought came from his RBA Supplies outfit, last was under a his new name Vapepour LLC, both in the greater Columbus area of Ohio.

Sounds like Ready Wick to me. Tried that stuff and didn't care for it compared to cotton.
Maybe contact them a support@eleaf.com and see if they sell it as a replacement part.

I couldn't find any replacement parts for the bottle top parts even at eleaf's website so contacting their support is probably the best idea. I was just hoping that an easier solution was available.

I'll contact support and let you all know the outcome.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I couldn't find any replacement parts for the bottle top parts even at eleaf's website so contacting their support is probably the best idea. I was just hoping that an easier solution was available.

I'll contact support and let you all know the outcome.

Yeah, after your post I searched everywhere without luck. I wouldn't mind having a spare either. Please post what they come back with.

Also, anyone having an issue with residual taste in the bottles even with lots of washing? I'm reluctant to throw them in the UC as I know that can soften some bottles, and these are sorta soft to begin with. I tried a PGA soak but found whole reduced, it still seemed to be there. And I'm not one sensitive to that sorta stuff, it's my first time of having any issue.

Reactions: Jazzman

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Yeah, after your post I searched everywhere without luck. I wouldn't mind having a spare either. Please post what they come back with.

Also, anyone having an issue with residual taste in the bottles even with lots of washing? I'm reluctant to throw them in the UC as I know that can soften some bottles, and these are sorta soft to begin with. I tried a PGA soak but found whole reduced, it still seemed to be there. And I'm not one sensitive to that sorta stuff, it's my first time of having any issue.

The support@eleaf.com isn't a valid email apparently. The only contact address address I could find for them was service@eleafworld.com so that's where I sent my request. 2 days and no response so not hopeful at this point. Not a big deal I guess. I can always mod a different bottle in there. At least they give 2 bottles in the kit and spare bottles are easy to get and cheap as beans. Really wanted capped bottles with juice in them for quick changing, but I'm not going to complain about it. And if I really need it I can design and 3D print my own I guess, shouldn't be much work. And the 3D print would solve the issue of sealing the top opening since I would make a closed cap for it with a second cap that threads on the top ring part.

For the juice smell... in other bottles I have with the smell issue I have always just made a paste of baking soda with a touch of water and put just a small amount in the bottle and capped it off for a couple days then rinse thoroughly and ready for use. For this one, maybe some tape on the top for the cap. I haven't tried on a silicone bottle, but should work just as well. Worth a try anyway.

• Useful

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
As far as the replacement caps go....

I'm not looking to source any myself, but I have used the bottles for the Luxotic in mine and they work perfectly fine. Similar to the 'replacements' mentioned above, the hole in the cap is centered. The bottom of the bottle tends to angle out when you insert it, but it stays in place just fine an no leaks. I got the Luxotic bottles to use in the Squeeze OG (a silicone replacement), but they work fine in the Squeeze 2 as well.

I understand wanting the proper caps (so as to no put undue tension on the tube), but the centered ones do work just fine. I guess over time, it could put pressure on the tube, but I doubt this is any worse than what occurs when you squeeze the bottle hard and press on the tube.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
OK, been using this mod for a few hours now and thought I'd throw out a few thoughts on it. Disclaimer: I'm still in the "Honeymoon phase", so I reserve the right to change opinion later as I use it over the next few weeks. But first impressions are worth recording... even if they make me look foolish later.
TL;DR- I like it. I like it a lot.

I got the black model and the only surprise when I unboxed was the finish. I thought it would be more of a matte finish like my other Picos, but it's shiny like enamel paint. Looks great, it was just unexpected.

Building the Coral 2 was dead easy and performs surprisingly well. I used the supplied coil which measure 0.22 resistance. I like that the airflow hole is as high as they could reasonably get it. I don't care for the drip tip, just a bit short for my taste. Some others probably love it. Easy enough to add my own. I wicked it a bit fat and zero issues with dry hits even with chain vaping. Maybe not the best atty out there, but really good none the less.

I started with 60w and default settings throughout, even the party lights (not a fan). It has good flavor, heats quickly, and really good vapor production. In fact, the clouds were a bit much for me. I dialed down the watts to 35 and got the amount of vapor I wanted but it was a bit cool and crackled and popped until about halfway through the draw. I went through the settings then and got rid of the party lights first then spent the next half hour adjusting the pre-heat and duration. At 35w power setting I wound up with 65w pre-heat and 1sec duration which gave the right amount of vapor for me, good warmth, and quick heating. Very enjoyable vape... very.

The bottle took a bit getting used to. It is soft enough that I have to push and hold to squonk. Just a push isn't enough. I have to hold it after I push for 2 to 3 sec. to let the juice migrate through the tube to the atty. I guess the other sides of the bottle deforms a bit to compensate for the force I'm putting on the front side so I have to wait a bit for the pressure to reach the top of the tube. Dunno for sure, but it makes some sense. In a way it's good because it makes it much more difficult to over squonk and flood. So not a problem, just getting used to the bottle really.

I would have preferred a spaced rocker for the +/_ button, but I've adjusted easy enough and don't use it that much. This button rattles a bit too, which I don't like. I can hear the rattle if I shake the mod gently or if I tap the button with my finger.

I have refilled the bottle once, only put in about 3ml initially, and this guy drinks the juice quick. Glad I make my own. When I refilled the bottle I purposely set the mod sans bottle on the kitchen counter to see how much juice would leak out. Surpisingly none. There was one fat drop hanging on the end of the tube but it never dropped on the counter... surprising. I expected a small puddle. Even if that one drop did fall I would have said well done eLeaf. And I took my time with the refill, even to the point of waiting to reinstall the bottle just to see if the drop would fall. It didn't and reinstalled without losing a drop. Not sure if it will always be that way, but I hope so.

The fire button was harder to push than I expected, but not uncomfortable. Especially true since I'm firing with my thumb. I find it equally easy whether I fire with my right or left thumb. Lefties need not worry I think.

Tonight I'll setup another atty with SS316L and TC, which is my vaping preference. I'll see how that goes.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
As far as the replacement caps go....

I'm not looking to source any myself, but I have used the bottles for the Luxotic in mine and they work perfectly fine. Similar to the 'replacements' mentioned above, the hole in the cap is centered. The bottom of the bottle tends to angle out when you insert it, but it stays in place just fine an no leaks. I got the Luxotic bottles to use in the Squeeze OG (a silicone replacement), but they work fine in the Squeeze 2 as well.

I understand wanting the proper caps (so as to no put undue tension on the tube), but the centered ones do work just fine. I guess over time, it could put pressure on the tube, but I doubt this is any worse than what occurs when you squeeze the bottle hard and press on the tube.

That's good news @score69. Those are pretty easy to source and cheap for a 5pk too. I think it will work out just fine if I don't hear back from eLeaf. Thanks for the tip.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I never did hear back from eLeaf support on the availability of top pieces for the bottles, so I guess I'll take that as a no from them. Kind of sucks, but there you go.

Squeeze 2 5 day report: I still really like this device and haven't found any glaring issues to deal with and I'm still really liking it. I have tried a number of RDAs and think the Coral 2 is quite serviceable and gives a great vape but have migrated to the Drop Solo that seems just a very little bit better in flavor and ease of setup. They are so close as to not really matter and I would be happy with either one. I tried a couple of others, but the above 2 fit my needs and vaping preference better.

I also am now running in TC, which is my preferred style of vaping, and it has been very good and uneventful. It's a really good consistent, regulated TC vape. eLeaf did a good job on the TC software. Just for reference I'm using SS Clapton coil at .25ohm, 420deg, 45watt pre-heat. Very smooth vape with more than enough vapor to satisfy me.

It's clear squonking has gotten a whole lot better since I tried it years ago. The mess of juice I had back then turned me off to the idea of squonkers for a long time, but I now see that's really not an issue. I have 0 issues with juice leaking and the mod stays clean and shiny and no juice flavored hands from handling the mod. Probably the newer RDAs have a lot to do with that since there are so many of them available now with high air inlet holes and deep juice wells that just didn't exist 4 years ago. But there are no leaks at the juice bottle or the connection to the liquid tube also. Just no leaks anywhere even when I have the mod tilted for a vape.

I would recommend this inexpensive setup to anyone wanting to try a squonk mod or just add a beater squonk to their collection that is no big deal if it gets dropped or otherwise abused. Just a great experience for the price.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I never did hear back from eLeaf support on the availability of top pieces for the bottles, so I guess I'll take that as a no from them. Kind of sucks, but there you go.

Squeeze 2 5 day report: I still really like this device and haven't found any glaring issues to deal with and I'm still really liking it. I have tried a number of RDAs and think the Coral 2 is quite serviceable and gives a great vape but have migrated to the Drop Solo that seems just a very little bit better in flavor and ease of setup. They are so close as to not really matter and I would be happy with either one. I tried a couple of others, but the above 2 fit my needs and vaping preference better.

I also am now running in TC, which is my preferred style of vaping, and it has been very good and uneventful. It's a really good consistent, regulated TC vape. eLeaf did a good job on the TC software. Just for reference I'm using SS Clapton coil at .25ohm, 420deg, 45watt pre-heat. Very smooth vape with more than enough vapor to satisfy me.

It's clear squonking has gotten a whole lot better since I tried it years ago. The mess of juice I had back then turned me off to the idea of squonkers for a long time, but I now see that's really not an issue. I have 0 issues with juice leaking and the mod stays clean and shiny and no juice flavored hands from handling the mod. Probably the newer RDAs have a lot to do with that since there are so many of them available now with high air inlet holes and deep juice wells that just didn't exist 4 years ago. But there are no leaks at the juice bottle or the connection to the liquid tube also. Just no leaks anywhere even when I have the mod tilted for a vape.

I would recommend this inexpensive setup to anyone wanting to try a squonk mod or just add a beater squonk to their collection that is no big deal if it gets dropped or otherwise abused. Just a great experience for the price.
Are you running Artic Fox on your Pico Squeeze or just the stock firmware?

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Are you running Artic Fox on your Pico Squeeze or just the stock firmware?

I tried AF on Sat briefly. I DL'd AF 180913, NFE Tools, and the original firmware and flashed the AF firmware and spent about 20 minutes with it and NFE Toolbox. Not enough time to do much more than play with it and decided to return to the original FW because I had committed to come back here and give my impression of TC and what I thought of the Coral2 and whatever RDA I wound up using using for it. I figured AF wouldn't be a fair followup, but I do intend to re-flash AF and dive a little deeper.

What would you consider the benefits of AF besides the ability to real-time monitor the device when tethered to a computer? I haven't really read much about AF yet so I would like to get some opinions on this.

• Useful

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Just a quick update since I've been using this squonker for about a month now.

I know this is a very inexpensive mod, but from the looks, fit and finish, durability, and most important vape quality this mod has been an absolute winner. I've had no issues what so ever. No leaking or other problems like button rattle, loose door, finish wear on the mod, or just about anything else. Add to that the ability to use 21700 batteries for increased vape time on a charge and it's just a pleasure to use. I'm very surprised given the low cost of this device. And the Coral 2 turned out to be a good BF RDA. I'm still using the Drop Solo, but I did spend about a week with the Coral 2 and found it to be not bad at all.

I would recommend this mod to anyone wanting to give squonking a try with out a big cash outlay. A surprisingly good experience that I'm quite happy with. No buyer's remorse on this mod.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
I have to agree with jazzman. Got my Squeeze 2 at launch, and 63,000 puffs later it is still flawless. Absolutely zero issues of any kind. My Inbox quit after 60,000 puffs, but the Squeeze 2 is going strong. I got the mod without the atty as I use Speed Revolutions and Orgen Littles only so I cannot say anything about the included topper. I have the silver one, and the finish looks as it did when I took it out of the box. It is the kind of product I really like as I don't have to baby it, play around trying to improve it or even think about it.... I just use it.

It is my couch mod, and used about 50% of the time. I have 2 Simple EX's for walking around the house, outside and biking. I like the Simple EX as well (so much I bought a second one).....

This mod is fantastic value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread