Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.

Doberz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
NW Indiana
www.facebook.com
As was said earlier, this isn't our forum. The mods and admin can do whatever they want to our posts or accounts. I've been on tons of forums and that's how it always goes. I only post on one forum that has no mods, and everyone can post whatever they want... Needless to say it's the most obscene and racist forum EVER. lol We don't need that here at ECF. The mods and admin do a very good job here of keeping arguments and conflicts at bay.

If you see a post deleted. Don't worry about it. Not our problem.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I can only echo what Angus has said. If you have an issue with the operation of the PIF group or ECF in general take it off line via PM with me and we candiscuss that way.

Every community has a set of standards that it tries to operate by. If ours are too restrictive for your taste, I understand. That is your choice to participate within the established boundries, or not. But i will not allow the PIF mods to take abuse over it. You can take it up with me.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
I can only echo what Angus has said. If you have an issue with the operation of the PIF group or ECF in general take it off line via PM with me and we candiscuss that way.

Every community has a set of standards that it tries to operate by. If ours are too restrictive for your taste, I understand. That is your choice to participate within the established boundries, or not. But i will not allow the PIF mods to take abuse over it. You can take it up with me.

Again, please read what I have posted. No one was being "abused" and I don't appreciate being accused publicly of such. In fact, all opinions that I have voiced have been fair and respectful yet it appears as though I cannot come to expect the same in return. No one has to agree with my point of view. I'm ok with that. I understand the rules of both ECF and PIF and have abided by them for as long as I have been a member. If anything, this has shown me that perhaps this is not as welcoming a community as I thought. I have been generous on PIF wants and the treasure chest and I have received positive feedback for the things I have been a part of. I am highly disappointed with the lack of understanding in this thread. I have not, however, done anything to deserve the reproaches from mods and members alike. This is very sad indeed. If you want to continue the discussion you can PM me or apologize publicly for accusing me of abusing mods when I have never, nor will I ever, do any such thing.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I've sent a PM...
I'll echo my concern here...
the drama we had in may followed the same course...
first threads that had no need to be deleted were...
then random posts deleted....
then complete threads...
then threads were started and quickly closed where no criticism was allowed only total agreement with the PIF mods...
then people were being censored and ejected from the group with no warning...
it became a total gestapo state...and there was no fun or joy in it...

we've already hit the same first 2 marks...are we going to allow it to happen again to this group?

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Your ego makes the assumption that my post was directed at only you, or at you at all.

You see, I can appreciate your PM and that was something that would have been nice to see in public. This is not about ego, I made an assumption as many comments were directed against my posts. If my assumption was wrong and it was not directed at me, I apologize.

EDIT: My mistake, the welcomed and respectful PM was not from the user quoted above.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
You see, I can appreciate your PM and that was something that would have been nice to see in public. This is not about ego, I made an assumption as many comments were directed against my posts. If my assumption was wrong and it was not directed at me, I apologize.

EDIT: My mistake, the welcomed and respectful PM was not from the user quoted above.

user???? Try Mod, bud.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Oh, stop making drama where there is none. PIF is in a heck of a lot better state then it has been in quite some time. A few posts get deleted for valid reasons, and all of a sudden it's a police state?

Seriously?

not saying that it is...saying that it's following that same trend as before...so does it get headed off and stopped or allowed to continue...I'd rather see it get stopped now that's all I'm saying...
we've already seen the closing of threads that didn't need closed like before...
now the deleting of posts without explaination....
some other stuff as well but I won't post them here...if you really want to discuss it feel free to PM

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Sorry Drozd, but I just don't see it. I'm not involved with PIF, mostly because the last time I did, I almost closed it down because everyone was causing so much drama I felt it was too much of a disruption to let it continue.

But I have kept an eye on things, and I see what's going on behind the scenes, where you do not. PIF now has a good group of mods who are doing a great job. I was sorry to see Jules go, but that had nothing to do with anything but a few members giving her issues.

I think you are seeing problems where they don't exist. PIF will always have little problems here and there, but that has more to do with the members of PIF than the moderators.

And I will reiterate... the PIF mods don't have to give explanations for every decision they make, just as the ECF forum staff don't. If I had to explain every action I take around here, I would never get anything done. That being said, I think they've done a great job of letting the members know of the major things they are doing, hence the thread about "re-purposing" the Needs thread.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Sorry Drozd, but I just don't see it. I'm not involved with PIF, mostly because the last time I did, I almost closed it down because everyone was causing so much drama I felt it was too much of a disruption to let it continue.

But I have kept an eye on things, and I see what's going on behind the scenes, where you do not. PIF now has a good group of mods who are doing a great job. I was sorry to see Jules go, but that had nothing to do with anything but a few members giving her issues.

I think you are seeing problems where they don't exist. PIF will always have little problems here and there, but that has more to do with the members of PIF than the moderators.

And I will reiterate... the PIF mods don't have to give explanations for every decision they make, just as the ECF forum staff don't. If I had to explain every action I take around here, I would never get anything done. That being said, I think they've done a great job of letting the members know of the major things they are doing, hence the thread about "re-purposing" the Needs thread.

I will reply to this in a quick PM as I don't really feel it appropriate for open forum....

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow, that's just about the worst response I've ever seen. Nothing personal but I cannot believe that was actually posted. I understand that the legal view of it doesn't apply in a private forum and I wasn't saying that it did. That said, it is still something that we can and should consider when making proper personal judgment calls. This isn't China or North Korea (to name a few) afterall.

I agree with Rose. Let's let the mods to what they are here to do. Just because we don't know why they are doing something doesn't mean we can't trust them. This IS a private forum. And when we come here, we follow the rules or we are asked to leave. In my home, there is no "freedom of speech". If someone comes into my private home and says something off-color or disrespectful, and refused to clean it up, then they are offered the right foot of fellowship... with enthusiasm. The same goes for here.

Sethari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2010
Binghamton, NY
This thread is not fun, so for now on it’s about Eeyore, the patron saint of PIF.

images.jpg

Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread