PIF Mod Post Deletions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tranced

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
Grand Blanc, Michigan
but even in real life social groups the group has a say of who leads them, speaks for them, makes decisions for them....

and decisions are more often than not talked about within that group and discussed...

what we got here was a coup...

You've been here long enough to know what happened last time and the time before that. At the end of the day, when it's all said and done, does it really matter? New people will continue to show up and need a little boost to their offers, or some advise or whatnot - we can either help or ..... about how things are run - easy enough choice.

bluedove3

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Secret Santaville
I think it's important to remember that these mods are VOLUNTEERING their valuable time, energy and sometimes sanity to act as babysitters for grown people who should know to follow the rules.

I've been moderated! My infraction was out of ignorance rather than refusal to follow the rules, but I still regret that someone had to waste their precious time because I failed to read and abide by the rules.

I think we need to applaud them for putting up with us, rather than criticize... just my :2c:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
You've been here long enough to know what happened last time and the time before that. At the end of the day, when it's all said and done, does it really matter? New people will continue to show up and need a little boost to their offers, or some advise or whatnot - we can either help or ..... about how things are run - easy enough choice.

The pattern I see in the PIF group is that the owner and the mods get to a point where they have taken so much abuse, they get fed up and quit, leaving the group to someone else. Then those people have to go through the same thing. Not saying that every mod/owner that was chosen in the past was a great choice... that's not for me to say. But the group we have now is a good one, and I sincerely hope that you guys cut them some slack instead of driving them off, and rolling the dice on the next set of mods.

ToniAnne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I have stayed out of this just because I don't feel that we need to defend our actions, honestly. We wouldn't delete random things just for the heck of it or anything, so I am not sure why this became such a big ordeal. We don't do things in here without discussing it and we try our best to be fair to everyone and keep things in check when need be, and we have let everyone voice their opinions. All this going around and around is doing noone any good. We are all adults here, and as others have said, if you're unhappy with the way PIF is run, then you know what your next step should be. (this is not directed at anyone in particular, BTW, just in general)

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
The fact remains, only a few ppl here got together to create ecf..and we followed. No one here voted for the creation. We didn't choose the mods, nor do we in life. The mods were in place, and we chose to follow. Those that step up to take the job on are a select few for a reason. You can choose to follow that leadership or not. The door you came in is still there as an exit. Unless you have the skills to BE that mod and choose to step up, then sit back, know your role, and play nice. Its doing quite fine right now, and I trust our mod team.

tranced

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
Grand Blanc, Michigan
The pattern I see in the PIF group is that the owner and the mods get to a point where they have taken so much abuse, they get fed up and quit, leaving the group to someone else.
I could see how someone could think that

Then those people have to go through the same thing. Not saying that every mod/owner that was chosen in the past was a great choice... that's not for me to say. But the group we have now is a good one, and I sincerely hope that you guys cut them some slack instead of driving them off, and rolling the dice on the next set of mods.
I think adding the extra mods is definitely going to make the job more managable. It's a rough job full of hassles, I think that had a lot to do with the past issues. If we screw things up this time it'll be bad, not two week bad, not a month bad, but bad bad.... I don't think we'll get a better crew than we have now - I wouldn't put up with half the crap they deal with behind the scenes and neither would 99% of the the people here.

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
@OP
I have been at ECF over 2 years...lurked for several months before joining. You joined in September 2010. There is a history here that you were not privy to. There have been bumps and storms along the way. ECF has survived, much like the USA, because we have a constitution...a set of rules by which we abide by. It is a free will situation. There are other e-cig forums without such stringent moderation. Should you like that info, PM me. You have choices. I support the current mods as they are doing a job I have done elsewhere and it was no fun at all.
@Drozd
I adore you and miss you here. I also respect your sage wisdom and hope our friendship can survive and we can agree to disagree. We all carry our past experiences with us and they "color" our sight of a given situation. I would hope you would join the ones you support and make PIF strong and better. The mods are allowing us to voice our concerns and that in and of itself is admirable. They could just lock this thread and wash their hands. Of late, I feel I have been heard and that is a good thing, IMHO.
Thanks for reading my 2 cents worth
Bonnie

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
I've sent a PM...
I'll echo my concern here...
the drama we had in may followed the same course...
first threads that had no need to be deleted were...
then random posts deleted....
then complete threads...
then threads were started and quickly closed where no criticism was allowed only total agreement with the PIF mods...
then people were being censored and ejected from the group with no warning...
it became a total gestapo state...and there was no fun or joy in it...

we've already hit the same first 2 marks...are we going to allow it to happen again to this group?

I think I can honestly say I'd be one of the biggest opponents of this happening.....at any cost.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I think I can honestly say I'd be one of the biggest opponents of this happening.....at any cost.

Please dont play along with this Drama.We leave all these threads open and let everyone discuss things.We arent going around deleting every comment we dont like and we arent closing the doors and booting everyone for no reason.All we are doing is trying to see what everyone wants and keeping the peace so fights dont break out in the threads.Maybe deleting an insult or improper comment,but it needs to be done so someone isnt hurt or embarassed.Give us a break and a chance to get it worked out.We have had one head Mod that runs everything,now we have 4 equal voices to decide things fairly with everyones input and opinions being heard,Sounds like quite the improvement to me.Give it a chance.

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
Please dont play along with this Drama.We leave all these threads open and let everyone discuss things.We arent going around deleting every comment we dont like and we arent closing the doors and booting everyone for no reason.All we are doing is trying to see what everyone wants and keeping the peace so fights dont break out in the threads.Maybe deleting an insult or improper comment,but it needs to be done so someone isnt hurt or embarassed.Give us a break and a chance to get it worked out.We have had one head Mod that runs everything,now we have 4 equal voices to decide things fairly with everyones input and opinions being heard,Sounds like quite the improvement to me.Give it a chance.

Not playing along with anything at all. I've already addressed this with UT, and she has my permission to share my PM with the entire Mod squad if they wish to see it :)

With the exception of a few things, I like what PIF is (note I didn't say has) becoming, and I would very much like to see it pan out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread