PIF Mod Post Deletions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
In my home, there is no "freedom of speech". If someone comes into my private home and says something off-color or disrespectful, and refused to clean it up, then they are offered the right foot of fellowship... with enthusiasm. The same goes for here.

I haven't seen a post yet that said that personal attacks or disrespectful behavior shouldn't be moderated out. That isn't what this thread is about either. My whole point is that sometimes we can learn from the mistakes of others if they aren't swept under the rug. So many of the comments have missed the point and the spirit of the thread.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Just got back from lunch and noticed all of the moderator deleted posts. I must have missed something big, :?:. That said, why is there so much moderating going on in PIF lately? I think maintaining freedom of speech is important. My thought is that it is better to have less moderator involved editing and more community understanding. As long as there aren't personal attacks going on, isn't it better to work it out and learn from our mistakes? Sorry, not looking to hijack the forum or go off topic. Just my :2c:.

For those of you that don't want to read the whole thread, this ^^ was my initial post.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I haven't seen a post yet that said that personal attacks or disrespectful behavior shouldn't be moderated out. That isn't what this thread is about either. My whole point is that sometimes we can learn from the mistakes of others if they aren't swept under the rug. So many of the comments have missed the point and the spirit of the thread.

I believe in this case it is you who have missed the point, or at least missed a few posts in this thread. So one last time: There are times when a post is deleted and no reason is given it could be for several reasons

1. avoid embarrassing the member who posted
2. It's a private matter not for public consumption
3. The mod forgot to put a reason
4. some other reason I haven't thought of

You will have to accept the fact that there are many things that go on behind the scenes that you are not privy to. Many times for good reason. I hope this answers the question, if not, I'm out of answers.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina

When others make mistakes big enough to learn from, you will see posts pointing you to ammended rules. The small stuff is simply removed. It certainly shouldn't be this big of an ordeal.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
My whole point is that sometimes we can learn from the mistakes of others if they aren't swept under the rug.

As long as members read the rules they agree to abide by when they join the forum, and the PIF rules posted as a sticky in this forum, there is no need to leave rule violations here unmoderated. The rules are clearly stated, and violations of such will be dealt with in the appropriate manner, as they should be.

btngchck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2010
Gibraltar, MI
I believe in this case it is you who have missed the point, or at least missed a few posts in this thread. So one last time: There are times when a post is deleted and no reason is given it could be for several reasons

1. avoid embarrassing the member who posted
2. It's a private matter not for public consumption
3. The mod forgot to put a reason
4. some other reason I haven't thought of

You will have to accept the fact that there are many things that go on behind the scenes that you are not privy to. Many times for good reason. I hope this answers the question, if not, I'm out of answers.

My favorite post of this thread!

Not sure what all the back and forth is all about. Mods/Admins rule. Deal with it

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
but problems will arise...when you have people that agrees to rules...and then new mods come along that they had no say in while the original mods leave... and new rules are implimented or changed without input or discussion "for the good of the group"... what makes the new ones qualified to decide what's good for the overall group...
in my case thats 4 new mods from when I joined (near the very begining of group creation)...and only 2 of them I'd support...

we wouldn't accept that type of government in regular life...why is it ok here?

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
but problems will arise...when you have people that agrees to rules...and then new mods come along that they had no say in while the original mods leave... and new rules are implimented or changed without input or discussion "for the good of the group"... what makes the new ones qualified to decide what's good for the overall group...
in my case thats 4 new mods from when I joined (near the very begining of group creation)...and only 2 of them I'd support...

we wouldn't accept that type of government in regular life...why is it ok here?

This isn't a democracy, nor is it a government. It's a social group forum. Whoever owns the group makes the rules, just like every other social group. If you don't like it, you aren't required to participate.

It's a hard truth, but it is what it is.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
This isn't a democracy, nor is it a government. It's a social group forum. Whoever owns the group makes the rules, just like every other social group. If you don't like it, you aren't required to participate.

It's a hard truth, but it is what it is.

but even in real life social groups the group has a say of who leads them, speaks for them, makes decisions for them....

and decisions are more often than not talked about within that group and discussed...

what we got here was a coup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread