Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
@Drozd
I adore you and miss you here. I also respect your sage wisdom and hope our friendship can survive and we can agree to disagree. We all carry our past experiences with us and they "color" our sight of a given situation. I would hope you would join the ones you support and make PIF strong and better. The mods are allowing us to voice our concerns and that in and of itself is admirable. They could just lock this thread and wash their hands. Of late, I feel I have been heard and that is a good thing, IMHO.
Thanks for reading my 2 cents worth
Bonnie

Thanks bonnie....sometimes we just have to stand up for what we believe is right...

Please dont play along with this Drama.We leave all these threads open and let everyone discuss things.We arent going around deleting every comment we dont like and we arent closing the doors and booting everyone for no reason.All we are doing is trying to see what everyone wants and keeping the peace so fights dont break out in the threads.Maybe deleting an insult or improper comment,but it needs to be done so someone isnt hurt or embarassed.Give us a break and a chance to get it worked out.We have had one head mod that runs everything,now we have 4 equal voices to decide things fairly with everyones input and opinions being heard,Sounds like quite the improvement to me.Give it a chance.

I'm just calling it like I see it... the closing of the needs thread...it was going to get done no matter what people wanted...other options were presented and discussed...
and after a post on that...then I get a PM ....not discussing things rationally...but turning things personal....insisting that that's all I do and ever do is cause drama, that it's all I contribute to the group...and why don't I just leave.... this is not the behavior I expect from a mod... nor is it someone that I would trust or respect as a mod... nor is it a person that I would ever take an issue to...
then the newly started thread that was replacing it got closed "for safety reasons"
and then the deleting of posts came...
it smacked of before...
I realize that a reason doesn't always have to be given...and that sometimes posts have to be deleted... but when you see a long string of deleted posts a cut and paste job of "see PIF rule X" would be nice...

Last edited:

DLite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
CA
www.vapealiciousjuice.com
IMO I think people should just leave the decisions that the mods make alone trust that it is in the best interest of everyone and go about their Vaping and trolling the threads. Or maybe ask yourself if you were in their shoes would you do the same thing to keep the peace amongst ourselves. Were all adults and yet we all arent going to get along all the time we shouldnt act like children and jump on a mod for doing there jobs they are here to do a job their not here to act as our mommies and daddies.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I would like to see a LOT less wild assumptions being thrown around and a LOT less gossip. Gossip leads to rumors, and rumors typically bear little truth. Once the rumors start, they spread like fire.

I think most of us would like to see an end to these things. And also the end of calling out people in threads, being rude to new members or embarassing them when they make the slightest error. When I see or hear the words Pay It Forward, I think of sharing, caring, a helping hand...and it makes me feel warm and happy. Gossip, calling out and being rude are NOT what paying it forward is about. Let's keep that in mind.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
I think most of us would like to see an end to these things. And also the end of calling out people in threads, being rude to new members or embarassing them when they make the slightest error. When I see or hear the words Pay It Forward, I think of sharing, caring, a helping hand...and it makes me feel warm and happy. Gossip, calling out and being rude are NOT what paying it forward is about. Let's keep that in mind.

Exactly. I've seen people being called out and openly bashed, even though they try to be cryptic about it (i.e. "person A" or "noobie A" as they like to call ME).

Such things should be handled in PMs, especially if assumptions are made, this way misunderstandings are clarified in private before making their way into public. There's nothing worse than being slandered over a misunderstanding, rumors, gossip, or assumptions.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Actually they should only be handled by PM'ing a PIF Moderator for them to make a decision. It is not appropriate to PM another member to complain to them about the quality of their offer.

Most of the problems are created by those members who want to act as mods, but are not. We have four fine moderators and all concerns should be routed through them. They will then decide the appropriate action, if any, to be taken.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Actually they should only be handled by PM'ing a PIF Moderator for them to make a decision. It is not appropriate to PM another member to complain to them about the quality of their offer.

Most of the problems are created by those members who want to act as mods, but are not. We have four fine moderators and all concerns should be routed through them. They will then decide the appropriate action, if any, to be taken.

I stand corrected. This is the appropriate action to take and should be done more often. A lot of confusion would be eliminated by having a moderator contacted and the issue discussed.

I would only hope that the moderator would then contact the person who is accused in order to hear their side of things, before making a decision. It's never happened to me, I'm just saying.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
No S#$%! Why on God's green earth is this still being talked about? Mods mod, pm them when you feel something's a-kilter, end of story, no more complaining!!! They do a great job with little reward, Jeez!!!

I think the mods should have form letters for the ever-so-common conflicts/problems, too!!!:laugh:

I'd also like to see an end to the conflicts on earth, a congress that cares about the people without money, and religous leaders who care about their flock and don't do it for money and power -- and yet I remain optimistic -- PEACE!!!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread