Pink Ribbon/Breast Cancer Awareness Contest from SmokeStik....kit and custom lanyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi friends,

You may or may not know, I am known for my "un-fun" contests. There is just no way I could think of a fun way to have a contest that was about breast cancer. But I did finally come up with a way to at least HAVE a contest that wasn't too heart wrenching. So here it is. The Rulz:

ANYONE can enter if they currently are being touched by this disease with the following requirements:

The person is still smoking OR already vaping but needs something simple and pretty for whatever reason, to help them stay off analogs.

The person may be yourself or someone you love. Blood family ties are NOT a requirement.

The person may be a man or a woman. If the person is a man.....(men DO get breast cancer) they will get a Pitbull Kit and I will custom make a masculine lanyard for them...unless they want the pink one.

ALL you have to do to enter is use these words..."This is an entry" As always, I rely on your honesty and integrity. You do not have to tell us a story or even mention the name of the person you are entering for. You may if you wish...but it's not a requirement.

Chit chat is ok. I will run the random generator and the first real entry it falls on will be the winner.

This contest is dedicated to Fatima. A beautiful friend of SmokeStik who lost her battle with breast cancer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IMG_1694__37246_zoom.jpg

And finally.....the first 20 legit entries (in other words...NOT chit chat) will receive a FREE enamel Pink RIbbon SmokeStik Pin just by going to SmokeStik and registering a shipping address. You don't have to buy anything and you don't have to take the newsletter if you don't want it. We just want you to wear the pin :)

banner-pinkrib.jpg

Oh...the contest will run all month. I will pick the winner on Oct 30th. I will start sending out the pins as soon as people enter AND pm me with their email or real name so I can find them in the shipping system.

REVISION....If by chance there are a LOT of entries....say more than 20.....I will draw more winners. There is of course only one of those lanyards....so that will be First Place.....but second and/or third will win a kit...and I'll make you a lanyard too.

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
This is an entry.
Breast cancer is very close to me. My sister is a survivor and I am running a fund raiser for a friend, member and vendor on ECF. The fund is the Jennifer Cook Breast Cancer Fund Raiser at GiveForward. You can read about her crisis here. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/events-fundraising/323682-one-our-own-needs-our-help.html

If I win anything in this contest I will donate it to be sold and the proceeds will go to the fund.

Thanks for this contest and to cancer awareness.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
tmcase.....your a winner. We will donate one pink kit for your fund raiser and another for Jennifer along with a supply of cartomizers to get her through her treatments. I will also make her a pink lanyard.

I know she has plenty of ecig stuff.....but one of the biggest selling points of our product is it's ease of use....no fiddling around. I have been through several major surgeries and I know how important that is. Plus....it's nice to have something pretty. :)

Go to SmokeStik please and register a shipping address and then PM me and let me know where to mail each package to. LK

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
tmcase.....your a winner. We will donate one pink kit for your fund raiser and another for Jennifer along with a supply of cartomizers to get her through her treatments. I will also make her a pink lanyard.

I know she has plenty of ecig stuff.....but one of the biggest selling points of our product is it's ease of use....no fiddling around. I have been through several major surgeries and I know how important that is. Plus....it's nice to have something pretty. :)

Go to SmokeStik please and register a shipping address and then PM me and let me know where to mail each package to. LK

Wow! Thank you. I never expected that. :)

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Don't forget....behind every great squirrel is great people. In this case Bill and Maria, the people I work for. :) I shows you how much they trust me that you never see them around anymore....LOL. Hard to believe it's been over two years isn't it?

Thank you skydragon. And your right....but not just from my heart. This is a cause SmokeStik really believes in. I didn't know Fatima personally but she was a very, very dear friend. Bill once said she was one of the few people he knew who was as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside.

All cancer is a terrible thing....but this one ....I don't know what to say.....it touches the very soul of a women and all those around her. The reason we picked 'Real men wear pink' is to remind people of the scope of this disease......the terrible effect it has on the men who love the women that have to fight this fight. That's why I hope men will enter this contest....to win something nice for their lady. Be it a wife, GF, sister, mother , aunt or any women that is special to him. Please don't be shy about entering.....if it's the lady you just say "hi" to at the bank.....someone in your neighborhood....someone you barely know that could use a kindness....enter for her!

PS,,,,,could someone do me a favor and post this contest wherever you post contests? I've pretty much stayed in my tree for years here and I really don't know where I'm allowed to post and where I am not. Thanks!!!

also.,....could someone please go open the door on the microwave? The beeping is driving me nuts.

Last edited:

priorities

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
wherever my daydreams take me
This is an entry.........................

First let me say Bless you and your beautiful friend Fatima and may she sleep with the Angels...What a wonderful and special thing you are doing here, Bringing attention to this and helping at the same time. I have an aunt who is a survivor of this disease and friends who have it now and are going through the various stages of this awful disease. I pray they will find the cure for this one day soon..and women everywhere will never have to worry about this again. Meanwhile i want to send out loving and positive thought to all who are going through this and let them know they are in my thoughts and prayers.
Truly this is a very special idea and I thank you for this one. I hope you get many entries on this one. My aunt continues to go to support groups and I hope those effected know there is support for them and that they are in the prayers of so many of us. Thank you again for bringing this kind of attention to this disease..and in the memory of your special friend..Its a beautiful thing you are doing..Good Luck to everyone. Lots of love to you all for what you or your friends and loved ones are going through. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} *

butterfly_stay.jpg

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
PS,,,,,could someone do me a favor and post this contest wherever you post contests? I've pretty much stayed in my tree for years here and I really don't know where I'm allowed to post and where I am not. Thanks!!!

I already took care of that when I first found this thread...
pink2.gif
wub.gif

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thank you SK!!! I knew I could count on you. :)

I was reading over my OP and just wanted to make sure that it made sense. The purpose of this contest is to win the prize for someone who is currently battling breast cancer. That person can be yourself....or anyone else you know and care about. I tend to ramble on and then later realize...that made no sense.....LOL.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
This is an entry.
Breast cancer is very close to me. My sister is a survivor and I am running a fund raiser for a friend, member and vendor on ECF. The fund is the Jennifer Cook Breast Cancer Fund Raiser at GiveForward. You can read about her crisis here. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/events-fundraising/323682-one-our-own-needs-our-help.html

If I win anything in this contest I will donate it to be sold and the proceeds will go to the fund.

Thanks for this contest and to cancer awareness.

Lorikay, can I do the same, please? If I win, I'd like to donate to the fund...

And thank you, Lorikay and SmokeStik!

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Lorikay, can I do the same, please? If I win, I'd like to donate to the fund...

And thank you, Lorikay and SmokeStik!

Katya....did you see that I already donated a pink kit to the fund as well as to Jennifer personally? A pink kit, a lanyard and a month supply of cartos while she is having her treatment.

I just don't want to overload the contest with entries for one person and thereby lesson the chances of everyone else. You know SmokeStik...I will take care of Jennifer. :) But yes...if you win...I'll donate your kit too. :)

that being said...get me some entries!!!! I'm really surprised this isn't getting more attention....this is a really nice prize...that's one of my best lanyards if nothing else. And I can't believe there are not lot's of people touched by this disease????

Last edited:

lettucehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Indiana
This might be an entry?

Hello, my honored Squirrel Queen!!!

I know you know that I work in Hospice, so I see many people with Breast Cancer.

I don't know if you know that I myself, had bilateral mastectomies in August and am in the process of reconstruction.
I had a mass on the right and some abnormal cells were found there.
Because both my mother and my mother's mother died of breast cancer fairly young, the docs recommended to go ahead and do bilateral mastectomies.
On the pathology report, a microscopic area of even more abnormal cells were noted, but my surgeon is confident that he got them all.

I have to admit, this whole process really really stinks, but each day is better.

I'm putting this entry as a 'maybe' entry because I've already been the recipient of your generosity in the past.
I love your Smoke Stik products and have shared the kit you sent me with a family member of one of my patients who wanted to quit smoking as he supported his wife through her cancer treatments.
But I want other people to have a chance to try Smoke Stik products, too.

So, please, only consider this an entry if you think it's OK.

No matter what, please know that by doing what you do, you help to make lives better with your generosity and heart...

:wub:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Katya....did you see that I already donated a pink kit to the fund as well as to Jill personally? A pink kit, a lanyard and a month supply of cartos while she is having her treatment.

I just don't want to overload the contest with entries for one person and thereby lesson the chances of everyone else. You know SmokeStik...I will take care of Jill. :)

that being said...get me some entries!!!! I'm really surprised this isn't getting more attention....this is a really nice prize...that's one of my best lanyards if nothing else. And I can't believe there are not lot's of people touched by this disease????

Just for the record...the fund is for Jennifer Cook of Phiniac.com not Jill. :) Easy mistake. Just wanted to clear that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread