Pink Ribbon/Breast Cancer Awareness Contest from SmokeStik....kit and custom lanyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thank you for these comments about Men checking for Prostate/Testicular Cancer - besides Breast Cancer . . .

I can tell You as a Counselor that worked at Planned Parenthood for a number of Years and teaching "Men's Sexual Health" (both to Heterosexual/Homosexual Men) . . . That there are as many men who refuse to check their lower regions, as there are Women refusing to check their breast, simply because they feel there is something sexual about doing so and being "Gay" if you do (if you are heterosexual) . . .

You wouldn't believe what we had to do to get "Men" (young and especially Older Men) to consider thinking about checking themselves regularly, especially since they refused to even discuss this with their doctors . . . (And even after all these years, I still shake "My" head in disbelieve sometimes ;)) . . . SO WRONG ! ! ! It's Your Life We Are Talking About . . .

(AND - for those that might question it - Yes, A GAY MAN Volunteered and Worked at Planned Parenthood for years . . . :D)

funny...you don't look gay. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I've always wanted to say that to someone...RFLMAO!

My first father-in-law died of metatastic bone cancer......originating in his prostate......because "no way am I letting someone touch me there". Get over yourselves boyz..it's just a body part....but it can kill you.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
funny...you don't look gay. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I've always wanted to say that to someone...RFLMAO!

My first father-in-law died of metatastic bone cancer......originating in his prostate......because "no way am I letting someone touch me there". Get over yourselves boyz..it's just a body part....but it can kill you.

You so right - I don't look it - but I am . . .:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to read about your FIL :(

And - I hate to say this, however there are GAY Men - that have the same hang-up . . . Not Good :(

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Ok...let's get back on topic here :) This particular contest is for ANYONE who has had their life touched by breast cancer. NEXT month is Prostate/Testiculas Cancer Awareness with a very cool organization leading the awareness by encouraging men to grow a mustache. I am sure we will have loads of fun with that in November since my contest will be a photo contest.:p

Until then I know we all understand that cancer is the great leveler...it cares not for human constructs that divide us like sexual orientation, class, race, religion etc. EXCEPT for one thing.....stress. Being a part of a marginalized group, a commonly bullied group or not having to resources to obtain the medical care AND family support you need greatly increases a person's chance of dying. Although I know I can't please all the people all the time...I do want to give the greatest number of people the freedom and comfort to participate here. For the purposes of this contest...we are all just people. :D

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
NEXT month is Prostate/Testiculas Cancer Awareness with a very cool organization leading the awareness by encouraging men to grow a mustache. I am sure we will have loads of fun with that in November since my contest will be a photo contest.:p

Here you go LK... this is for next month... :D

pubsqanim.gif

Oh wait!! You meant they are supposed to grow a MUSTACHE!! :facepalm:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Ok folks...we have not had a new entry all week. So I will let this run until tomorrow and then close the thread while I do the math. So far only ONE person has followed directions and registered at SmokeStik to get their completely FREE pink pin. Really? nobody wants one? Or you think it's a trick? It's not a trick. :) All your registering for is a shipping address so I know where to send it. We really just want people to wear the pink ribbon.

SK...I saw those pumpkins at the grocery store!!! How cool is that? Pink pumpkins....LOL

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
So far only ONE person has followed directions and registered at SmokeStik to get their completely FREE pink pin. Really? nobody wants one? Or you think it's a trick? It's not a trick. :) All your registering for is a shipping address so I know where to send it. We really just want people to wear the pink ribbon.

I'm already registered on the site, should I do something else?
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread