RDA Plume Veil Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopamine1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
ohio
So.. I stripped one of the positive posts on my tobeco clone trying to stuff it full of 22g nichrome last night. Stupid wire also came flying off it's spool right before that too. Insult to injury. So I'm really hating 22g wire right now. :laugh:

Anyways, does anyone have a different one that will accept 22 gauge or lower? Is the infinite or acerig better about this?

Pedrobear

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2014
PA
The screw threading (wobbling) on my clone is kinda bad, and I hope an authentic will fix this. juice seems to accumulate in the included drip tip, and its hard to drip through the tip and get even saturation on dual wicks, however...

This thing just delivers! Havent put it down since I bought it and am VERY excited to try the 1.5.

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
i have a few plumeveils and a couple of 30mm asmodus all of which have T-post's and are very similar in that the center post will wiggle if the 510 screw isnt tightened enough, i also had wiggling when the screw was tight and one plumeveil wouldnt fire on all mods untill i worked out if i pushed down on the T-post it sort of clicked into place, so maybe try getting say a pair of pliers with the soft rubber on the handle and lay it across the top of the T-post so as you can get some weight into it and make sure its pushed right down and then re-tighten and check the 510 screw.

If you are tightenening the 510 screw then chances are you are holding the atty and possibly pushing the T-post, i havent tried yet but maybe the way to do it is to put the top of the t-post on a surface and tighten the screw like this, so you are pushing the 510 screw into the t-post..... hope this makes sense :D

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
If anyone is looking for another good atty from fasttech the Mephisto is nice and has massive post hole's and slightly bigger air intake than plumeveil setup as standard, and vapes/tastes real good with a hot build.
Joint first place for my 18650 go's to plumeveil and mephisto.
first place on 26650 go's to asmodus.

IMO :)

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Believe they send airflow thru the neg post to the coils

That's what they were supposed to do but since they are directly facing out towards the positive block, I doubt they really do much of anything. I'm interested to hear from anyone who has tried either an authentic or clone version 1.5 since in that version they angled the airflow coming through the negative posts so that it can actually hit the back of your could as was originally intended...so anyone try out the version 1.5 yet???

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I received the B logo clone from Fasttech. Very nice! The top cap fits much better than my other cone. The drip tip o ring was way too loose so I had to replace that. The black delrin that spins up & down is a much better fit, tighter and less wobble. The deck is flat, no grooves like the other one I have. The only complaint is the negative screws are extremely hard to tighten... I'm sure they'll loosen up with some use, but I had to use a needle nose pliers on one of them the first time because my screw driver wouldn't turn it... came with extra screws, but it's like the threads are cut a little too small for the screw...again, I'm sure it will improve with use.

The down side to that is you can not judge when the wire has been caught because your battling the screw post itself. Otherwise I'm very happy with it especially for the price, and I like the minimal logo better than the big spider web looking logo.

I got my HCigar Plume Veil clone about 10 days ago from a B&M. I didn't have any issues with a wobbly center post or ill-fitting screws. I'm getting better flavor than from my Tobeco Tobh clone and better vapor than my Infinite Stillare clone.
Have been running a .21 dual dragon coil/wick mostly, and really liked it. Decided to give a .72 single centered coil (standard japanese cotton wicking) a try today. HOLY SCHNIKES! Even better flavor and vapor production than in dual coil mode. Cooler, denser vapor and doesn't heat up my mod like it did in dual mode. The airflow is adjusted to single coil mode with one wide-open cyclops, open negative post air vents, and wide open top vents with the drip tip that came with my Nautilus mini. On a SS Nemesis clone (HCigar) and Sony VTC4 18650.

FloridaSam

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Under a palm tree
I'm on day 4 of my Tobeco 1.5 clone. I'm extremely happy with it. The 1.5 I got did away with the gold plating and I'm glad it's not there. I'm running a .3 dual coil build and it's making amazing vapor with great flavor. I still can't believe the quality of this thing for 13 bux. Everything just fits and works exactly like it should. I went back to the site to order 2 more and they were gone. Glad I got one though. It's a keeper.
2rxbgrd.jpg

please excuse that wonky leg. This is literally my second build ever.

icjx39.jpg

laramik

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Chicago
I have a Magma. It's ok. Never really liked the way the draw felt on it, altough I do still use it everyday. Plume Veil has never once leaked on me. I quite like the design. Just every clone is a P O S.

For me, it's very easy to distinguish between a shoddy design and shoddy manufacturing. This is clearly a case of the ladder with regards to the current Plume Veil clones.

If you're leaking, then you're overdripping. Plume Veil doesn't have a large well like the drippers you seem to like.

EDIT: As for the Taj Ji dripper.. Size of drip well isn't the biggest thing for me on RDA's. If I want an RDA with a large well underneath, I'll just use a genny. Airflow and flavor are the main factors I take into consideration. I absolutely detest RDA's with TOBH style AFC. It makes it impossible to properly align your coils for maximum flavor.
Dude, I've owned both the original and I have an original 1.5. While the 1.0 leaked like pig, the 1.5 is a little better. I run at .28 ohms and I don't over drip. In fact, if I drip just enough to wet the wicks it will sometimes still leak out of the post holes. There is no way you can say that this thing doesn't leak. If you touch the outside of the mod at any time the polarity will pull liquid out. And what's the point really of having a juice well if when you try to fill it, it leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread