RDA Plume Veil Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Plume Veil is my first rda, I normally vape on menthol type of liquid (diy). For 30ml with 12mg nic, I normally use 8-10 drops to get that menthol sensation on cartos or 357 atomizers but the menthol and nic sensation is overwhelming.

Is this normal? My build is 1.8-2.0 ohm single coil on authentic Nemesis.

Since this is your first RDA I would say yes it is normal. RDAs produce so much more vapor, flavor, and nic hit vice cartos. It is an apples to oranges comparison. Welcome to the world of dripping. Many people that use cartos and clearos select a lower nic juice for a dripper. I used to use 12 and dropped down to 6 when I started using a RDA more often.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Plume Veil is my first RDA, I normally vape on menthol type of liquid (diy). For 30ml with 12mg nic, I normally use 8-10 drops to get that menthol sensation on cartos or 357 atomizers but the menthol and nic sensation is overwhelming.

Is this normal? My build is 1.8-2.0 ohm single coil on authentic Nemesis.

As atroph said, this is perfectly normal if this is your first RDA. Also, I've found the Plume Veil to produce a more intense flavor that most RDA's, equivalent only to that of the Magma. Drop the menthol and nic content by around 50%.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
albeit my PV is a clone, the flavor is good, but not better than my patriot or helios.... the airflow and vapor production is leaps and bounds better on the Plume veil, but the wider open she is the less you taste... <insert joke here>

I used my plume all day today exclusively, and really liked it... the only time I got overfill leak was with nicquid juice which is 60pg/40vg so its thinner..... but with my others which are usually 70vg/30pg or max vg.............no problems. I mixed up a batch of rad bull (5ml) with 5 drops of flavor and topped it off with VG ... no nic, oh man was that a blast.....opened all the air holes, had a 0.17 ohm dual parallel build on KGD, and was fogging out the house...............................and it taste pretty decent too. :vapor:

for any plume veil owner whos not done this yet, just do it at least once (max vg, no nic, max vg, did I mention all vg?..............the fun factor alone in blowing enormous plumes of thick fog from your mouth makes it worth the investment. Maybe cloud chasing is taking me back to my childhood ?
if I continue to use and enjoy the Plume Veil regularly, I will pop for the PV2.0 at some point, unless the Kayfun 4 cripples my vape budget.

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
albeit my PV is a clone, the flavor is good, but not better than my patriot or helios.... the airflow and vapor production is leaps and bounds better on the Plume veil, but the wider open she is the less you taste... <insert joke here>

I used my plume all day today exclusively, and really liked it... the only time I got overfill leak was with nicquid juice which is 60pg/40vg so its thinner..... but with my others which are usually 70vg/30pg or max vg.............no problems. I mixed up a batch of rad bull (5ml) with 5 drops of flavor and topped it off with VG ... no nic, oh man was that a blast.....opened all the air holes, had a 0.17 ohm dual parallel build on KGD, and was fogging out the house...............................and it taste pretty decent too. :vapor:

for any plume veil owner whos not done that yet, do it at least once..............the fun factory alone makes it worth the investment.
if I continue to use and enjoy the Plume Veil regularly, I will pop for the PV2.0 at some point, unless the Kayfun 4 cripples my vape budget.

I have yet to go below 0.24Ω... I may have to try this build, once at least.

Any ideas when the Kayfun 4 is due?

ozen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Rabbit Hole
As atroph said, this is perfectly normal if this is your first RDA. Also, I've found the Plume Veil to produce a more intense flavor that most RDA's, equivalent only to that of the Magma. Drop the menthol and nic content by around 50%.

Will make a 5 or 10ml batch with lower nic and menthol to test it later today before making a new batch of 30ml. As for current 30ml, I'll be vaping it on cargo tank and thanks for the reply

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Will make a 5 or 10ml batch with lower nic and menthol to test it later today before making a new batch of 30ml. As for current 30ml, I'll be vaping it on cargo tank and thanks for the reply

Yessa! My pleasure. Good luck, I hope it works out okay.

DeerLick

Feb 4, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
purchased my plume veil clone from a local shop the other week and ive been on this thing non-stop. the flavor is spot on and the vapor production is right up there with it. hands down the best RDA (idea-wise, not quality) i own, so i have to give credit to AetherTech. They are the real deal.

I believe that the one i purchased from my local shop is the same as the one featured here due to aesthetics and the packaging that it came in.
Wholesale Plume Veil Rba 1:1 Plume Veil Clone Copper Plume Veil Rda - Buy 1:1 Plume Veil Clone,Plume Veil Rda,Copper Plume Veil Product on Alibaba.com

So.. initially the two bottom airflow holes going through the negative posts did not line up to the outer sleeve, so i went back to the shop and got it replaced with another one (which also didnt line up, but was much better). also the screws can be a bit hard to get into the negative and positive posts. the o-rings it came with were garbage and did close to nothing because it could barely hold the RDA together. the delrin top cap, also garbage with it being uneven. the drip tip looked like it was the leaning tower of pisa due to it being uneven. anyways, with some help from other RDA o-rings, a drill bit, and sand paper, i got it up to ok standards.

Here's a picture of the build i have on it. wanted to keep my coils as close to the bottom airholes to bring out the flavor. 24g kanthal 8 wraps on a 5/64" (1.98mm) philips head screwdriver at 0.33 ohms. for wick, im using japanese organic cotton pads (not sure of the brand).
PlumeVeilClone.jpg

when the v1.5 becomes available im going to be making it my first authentic RDA purchase.

Last edited:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
when the v1.5 becomes available im going to be making it my first authentic RDA purchase.

This, I like! The clone got you to buy the authentic.

The Plume was my first authentic RDA (v1). I have tried many others and I continue to only vape the Plume when I drip.

It is my vape Nirvana at .3Ω. Apparently you have found that it is yours as well.

Enjoy my friend. :toast:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600902

I should've gotten this when I saw it before I ordered the vume bell. I will try to get new screws for it, before I throw it in the "science drawer."

But I think the vume bell I received is just screwed six ways and a quarter past Sunday with the threading.

Edit-cuz I LOVE the negative post airflow....but it leaks. I suppose that is what the purpose of the 2 holes in the top are for. Does anyone have one with 4holes cut in the top? Can you use the negative airflow without leaking? Thanks.

Last edited:

hippesthippo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit, MI
Just got my Acerig Plumeveil 1.5 today from Vape Walrus. First thoughts? Garbage. It does have four airholes on the top, which is nice. And the adjustable delrin piece on the top is a good fit, unlike my other two v1 clones which are super wobbly. Screws all work fine.

Unfortunately, while the airflow slits on the barrel are quite a bit wider than the v1, the slits on the top cap are still the same size as the v1. In other words, no improvements in airflow in that regard, and it looks quite silly.

The other "improvement," was supposed to be a deeper juice well. They did this by putting several large trenches in the deck. However, I just don't see how this will actually function. How am I supposed to put my wick into 3 different trenches?

Overall build quality is also subpar. Wharf leftover on every cut. Covered in machine oil (expected).

Blehhhh why isn't there a good Plume clone yet?

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Because there isn't a good plume veil?(Anything aethertech it seems) Great vape...leaky piece of ...., especially with negative(post) airflow.

Origen has been my favorite... compare it with a magma with the stupid original tip, with a domed end - looks like a satellite antenna on top..but I also appreciate my magma..if it was easy to drip on the go with, it'd be in my pocket beside my origen right now, but...

You want a well?.. not as big as a magma or origen v2 well..same size as origen v1.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600902

hippesthippo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit, MI
I have a Magma. It's ok. Never really liked the way the draw felt on it, altough I do still use it everyday. Plume Veil has never once leaked on me. I quite like the design. Just every clone is a P O S.

For me, it's very easy to distinguish between a shoddy design and shoddy manufacturing. This is clearly a case of the ladder with regards to the current Plume Veil clones.

If you're leaking, then you're overdripping. Plume Veil doesn't have a large well like the drippers you seem to like.

EDIT: As for the Taj Ji dripper.. Size of drip well isn't the biggest thing for me on RDA's. If I want an RDA with a large well underneath, I'll just use a genny. Airflow and flavor are the main factors I take into consideration. I absolutely detest RDA's with TOBH style AFC. It makes it impossible to properly align your coils for maximum flavor.

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Today I received a black Tobeco Plume Veil and my goodness is it much nicer than my Acerig... Plus, it has the awesome design. The center post is much more solid, the holes are drilled evenly, the screws fit nicely, the top cap fits tight, and it leaks a whole lot less.

Thanks 101Vape!

Jimmy1life

Jul 16, 2014
Michigan
Oh mine is a ehpro clone no holes in top cap by the drip tip no adjusting and 3 post with no air flow in them it does have slots in the cap with a barrel so its got my Igo w4 beat with adjustable air flow but dang I been reading threads debating what Atty to get picked ehpro plume viel clone ah the picture was of a blackish plum veil with that awesome drip tip but I got the super knock off version felt robbed to tell ya the truth thinking about emailing vendor but not sure think I will just never order from them again.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
I have the Tobeco and it is "ok" for a clone. It seems to be as close as a 1:1 as I have seen.

My problems are:
loose delrin adjuster - fixed by wrapping the threads with good ol' teflon tape
randomly leaking bottom holes by negative posts - fixed by plugging them semi permanently with a toothpick and breaking the toothpick flush with the atty
Loose barrel - fixed by putting 1 wrap of flat ribbon dental floss underneath each o-ring (also helped the leaks a little bit)

After those minor "fixes" it seems to vape pretty fine. I had a heck of a time getting a build that didn't vape super harsh. I found out that having airflow DIRECTLY over the coils was causing the harshness. I moved the airflow hole to hit the coil at a slight angle and it alleviated the harshness and provides a flavorful and productive vape.

Here is my airflow:

tehabavy.jpg

u2anahuj.jpg

guqubymy.jpg

I have since changed that build above as I find it difficult to get dual coils to heat exactly the same. What I did was run parallel 30ga in "single coil mode". IMO the build is by far more consistent ohm and heat wise as there is less to screw up with coil wraps, coil tightness, and leg lengths.

Current build:

ge6ebeda.jpg

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I have a Magma. It's ok. Never really liked the way the draw felt on it, altough I do still use it everyday. Plume Veil has never once leaked on me. I quite like the design. Just every clone is a P O S.

For me, it's very easy to distinguish between a shoddy design and shoddy manufacturing. This is clearly a case of the ladder with regards to the current Plume Veil clones.

If you're leaking, then you're overdripping. Plume Veil doesn't have a large well like the drippers you seem to like.

EDIT: As for the Taj Ji dripper.. Size of drip well isn't the biggest thing for me on RDA's. If I want an RDA with a large well underneath, I'll just use a genny. Airflow and flavor are the main factors I take into consideration. I absolutely detest RDA's with TOBH style AFC. It makes it impossible to properly align your coils for maximum flavor.
I have no issues..? Bend it out enough to center it...but I can't build a vertical quad.. without a pair in series.:/

Other than that...I'm using it over my origen...edit- which I don't use for capacity...it just works out that way. Both are mt favorites... I'm going to open the Taj up a little. I have my origen at like a 1/8".

I wish they went a different route with afc, but it works with the builds I have in that thread perfectly.

And no, I'm leaking because there are two holes in the well...if I can't use that function, don't put it in there.

To me, it's just another dripper, but I don't care about afc..so that takes a lot of the greatest compared to others. I look at it like this, the best AFC is my drill.

Edit' I'll look into it, jax, but I give everything a chance... different builds and wicking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread