RDA Plume Veil Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Ok I did not know that...just did a quick and dirty dual coil setup...coils are a little sloppy, cause the damn centerpost kept spinning on me, but now that I know that's by design.

Yup you should be able to tighten via the center post as if it was an adjustable c.p. atty. I'm digging those hex set screws. I might need to do the same as i'm getting tired of screwing up my resistance with long as coil legs leading up to the top of the block. Are your center block post holes "deeper" than your negative post holes like mine? i.e. do you screw in your positive block screws more than your negatives? That's my prob... but set screws would eliminate the depth guess and allow me to tighten to the bottom.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I also received the logo-less clone with uneven center post holes and larger screw threads. Contacted the vendor I bought it from and he said Acerig is aware of the problem. Received another email a day or so ago and the vendor stated they will be sending out new screws for the center post (a total of 6 screws ... so 4 spare).

So for those of you with this issue ... contact your vendor.

Mikey-Mike

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
australia
to fix the spinning positive block all i did was disassemble the block (took it off). Undo the 510 connection and the positive block will come off. Apply a small (and i mean small) blob of super glue or food safe glue to the white insulator. Put the block back in and adjust it straight and inline with the negative posts before it sets and then put the 510 connection back in. Its press fitted so it will spin. This has stopped it on mine.

I will now go on the search for those hex screws as i dig the hex screws :)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Okay, I went to Ace and they had some replacement screws. I built a 0.26 Ohm dual coil setup with 24 guage kanthal and let me tell you, this thing is freaking awesome. Great flavor and great vapor. It's actually my favorite of the RDA's I have.

The gold-plated well makes for a little bit of a hard wick tuck but nothing someone who has been doing this for a while can't handle. I absolutely love that each coil is independent if the other, it makes for the best possible contact for the leads of each coil.

Besides the screw issue, a total of $0.66 to fix, I highly recommend this clone. It was definitely a great birthday present to myself! Not to mention, it looks amazing on any brushed mod. :)

View attachment 359161

View attachment 359162

Very attractive looking RDA, I have a Turtle V2 also, so that is a sweet looking pairing. :)

mschnabel

Jun 9, 2014
Missouri
does anyone have a link to buy these screws?

Called in to Fastenal and read over the diameter of the hex ohm screws that someone provided and the guy told me these would be perfect.
I also explained why I needed them and he told me to just bring my "device" in with me Monday when I go to pick up the screws and if they do not fit he will re-order some that do based on new measurements. Here is the link... and oh yeah they cost me a whopping $0.07 each, so for 6 I'm out a huge $0.42 lol. Best 50 cents I've ever spent hopefully. here is the link

M2.5-0.45 x 3mm DIN 7985 Phillips Zinc Pan Head Machine Screw | Fastenal=

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
Called in to Fastenal and read over the diameter of the hex ohm screws that someone provided and the guy told me these would be perfect.
I also explained why I needed them and he told me to just bring my "device" in with me Monday when I go to pick up the screws and if they do not fit he will re-order some that do based on new measurements. Here is the link... and oh yeah they cost me a whopping $0.07 each, so for 6 I'm out a huge $0.42 lol. Best 50 cents I've ever spent hopefully. here is the link

M2.5-0.45 x 3mm DIN 7985 Phillips Zinc Pan Head Machine Screw | Fastenal=

thank you so much!

Feignix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There's no reason to get heated over it, life is too short. Report the problems to the manufacturer and move on, they won't know unless we tell them.

Who's getting heated? LOL! Certainly not me. You obviously are happy with your clone, I am not, it's really that simple. You listed "thoroughly" your thoughts on this clone and have responded to several different people on it, I list my thoughts and opinions on it, to which you reply and AGAIN state your thoughts and opinions on it....and you then, very presumptuously respond, "......There's no need to get heated, life is too short."

If ANYONE is emotionally "vested" in this deal it's you! I've long put this clone aside and returned to my other preferred drippers, the Zenith 2 and my Helios to name two and haven't really given it a second thought until I saw the notification for this thread. Perhaps YOU, should take you're own advice and not get so "vested" in an atty, a CLONE at that, that you don't allow others to differ in opinion and have higher standards and expectations without accusing them of being "heated".
"Heated" nope....I'll simply do what I do with all the other vaping gear I've received that wasn't up to par with my expectations. I'll either trade them for something that is or sell them to put towards something that is. [MODERATED]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Who's getting heated? LOL! Certainly not me. You obviously are happy with your clone, I am not, it's really that simple. You listed "thoroughly" your thoughts on this clone and have responded to several different people on it, I list my thoughts and opinions on it, to which you reply and AGAIN state your thoughts and opinions on it....and you then, very presumptuously respond, "......There's no need to get heated, life is too short."

If ANYONE is emotionally "vested" in this deal it's you! I've long put this clone aside and returned to my other preferred drippers, the Zenith 2 and my Helios to name two and haven't really given it a second thought until I saw the notification for this thread. Perhaps YOU, should take you're own advice and not get so "vested" in an atty, a CLONE at that, that you don't allow others to differ in opinion and have higher standards and expectations without accusing them of being "heated".
"Heated" nope....I'll simply do what I do with all the other vaping gear I've received that wasn't up to par with my expectations. I'll either trade them for something that is or sell them to put towards something that is. You seem to like them well enough, as I mentioned, I have two.....virtually brand new..... ;)

I did not mean to direct that comment at you, and it was not intended to represent you in any way. I do apologize if it came off that way. I meant it as a blanket statement for situations like these. As for the rest, it's not worth it to debate you as it would be counterproductive in a time when we are under so much scrutiny. I wish you luck in all of your endeavors, truly.

Last edited:

Maialeth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2010
home
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No can do...Rules please

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I just ordered a blume bell or whatever with some eBay bucks.

I really like the way the logo looks on the black..if the ss doesn't look great with the wrap I'm having made, I'll be getting a black with a logo..

The only logo versions in black I found are tobeco...that I can not abide. My friend told me to get the infinite version... haven't found any by infinite..

Is Acerig the only option I should consider?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
The inscribed dodecahedron was what drew me to look into the Plume Veil, and most clones aren't including that? Unfortunate!

check out the fasttech ones. they all have the dodeca. who knows about the quality but at first glance, they look at least as good as the v1 acercig ones. personally, im waiting on the acercig v1.5 or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread